over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proven Myostatin inhibitors----EAA (50-70%), Creatine

Floxedone

Registered
In my quest to overcome Cipro induced muscle damage I have been searching about Myostatin.

Some of the Bro Science claims I have heard are:

"no over the counter Myo inhibitor works"

"Every Myostatin product is a scam"

"IF it worked EVERYONE would be using it."

I don't know about the "egg products" but I have come across a lot of info that suggests we can lower Myostatin with many of the common bodybuilding products. Here is what I've found, and some questions of my own.

Myostatin inhibitors:

1. Green tea extract (Epicatechin)
2. Cocoa products (Epicatechin)
3. Creatine
4. Essential Amino Acids
5. Vitamin D (conflicting studies)

Green tea and Cocao.
The main ingredient I have looked at is Epicatechin. The "meaty" info is about mice, and they used 1mg per kg 2 times a day.

epicatechinanabolic.gif

At this dose in mice there was a huge drop in myostatin and a good rise in folli.

A Cacoawell product I have found has a "60mg" dose of Epi in it.
Info on the amount of Epi in Cocoa and Green tea is either tio scarce or to "smart" for me to understand.

I found one chart that led me to believe there is just 1mg or Epi per 4 grams of pure Cocoa powder. If any cool person knows the true "Average" amount PLEASE let us know!

50% drop in mice, (49.2%) Increase in the ratio of plasma follistatin/myostatin levels", the researchers write.

3. Creatine

The small study that was done shows that both Creatine and training lower Myo. What I couldn't figure out from reading is if the greater drop in the Creatine/Training group was from the Creatine itself or from higher intensity achieved by the Creatine.

It would have been nice to compare non-training Myo levels in placebo versus Creatine to see if the Creatine itself was the cause for the Myo drop.

17% drop in Myo after 8 weeks

4. Essential Amino Acids-Talk about a drop
This one has GREAT science, IMHO

The study used a 10 G serving of EAAs and measure a HUGE drop in Myo and a good raise in folli after 3 hours.

nut1392279fig2.jpg

50-75% decrease in Myostatin!

Vitamin D- not too sure about this one yet.

So with all these confirmed and possible inhibitors of Myostatin I wonder
how much good adding another Myo inhibitor can do.
Questions I have.

1. Can a lower dose of EAAs still lower myo as much.
2. Where can a person get a large enough amount of Epi to lower myo
3. How much Epi by volume is in green tea/Cocoa powder.
4. Should Myo inhibitors be cycled to allow for the tendons to strengthen/stay flexible. (I have read conflicting info that claims Myo blocking can disrupt the tendons).

*studies have shown that EAA/15 G protein before training and some protein after had the best protein synthesis.

Thanks for any input

Last edited:
Here is the breakdown of the 10 G's of EAAs used in the study. What is the amount of EAAs you guys take per serving and when?

l-histidine (0.8 g),

l-isoleucine (0.8 g),

l-leucine (3.5 g),

l-lysine (1.2 g),

l-methionine (3.0 g),

l-phenylalanine (1.4 g),

l-threonine (1.0 g), and

l-valine (1.0 g) (Ajinomoto/Sigma Aldrich).

broccoli sprouts.

and where did you find your cacoa product what is it.
An effective dose in cocoa powder would be 200 grams a day of powder, blah...

A swanons/amazon

Cocoawell i think, they have one product with 60mg of epi per dose and another with just 15mg.

I like drinking cocoa in coffee, but I don't think it's effective enough for Myo blocking. Looks like I'ma try the Cocoa well.

pegMGF gave me eye pain/migraine and I became allergic to CJC no da so am outa luck for now.

oops. looks like cocoa well just has 30mg epi per dose
**broken link removed**

I wish one of the people in the BB community had an Epi rich product.

Last edited:
Thanks for adding your input guys!

I looked into "Green food" sulphorafane(sp) and it seems like as for a MYo blocker it would take A HUGE amount.

I have been taking

Acacia extract from swansons

Grape seed extract from Swansons

and will add
Mega Green tea from Life extensions.

with these supps I should be able to get around 15-20mg of epicatechin.

The mouse study used 2mg/kg/d that resulted in a 40% drop in myo and the human test they did showed a 40% change in myo to folli with 50mg a day.

Literature I've read states that even a 10% shift in Myo/folli can have a HUGE impact on muscle mass.

Between theses, and now some NO boosters, should be good to see results!

50mg in rats or a person?
Where did u see a 10% reduction in myostatin would be sufficient.

You'd need almost 200mg if you're two pounds.
A 100 gram bar of dark chocolate has 100mg of epi.
100grams cocoa powder has a good amount as well but usually the powder is filled with crap.

The epicatechin content of raw cocoa beans was in the range of 270 - 1235 mg/100 g cocoa beans. Based on the two assays, Sulawesian beans exhibited the highest antioxidant capacity followed by Malaysian, Ghanaian and Cote d’Ivoirian beans for both extracts.

Go on eBay and get beans from another country.
Might be 70 bucks a month but that would be a huge myostatin drop at 270mg if 50mg in humans shows a 10% decrease in myo as you said.

Has anybody tried this? Seems great on paper but I'd like to see real world results

"The Mexicans then also did a small human study on 6 people in their forties and 6 in their seventies.

. The subjects were light, and were given a total of 1 mg (-)-epicatechin per kg bodyweight per day. The researchers then looked at the effects that the supplement had on the subjects' ability to clench their fists strongly, and at the concentrations of myostatin and follistatin in their blood.

No graphs of the results were published in the article. "Treatment for 7 days with (-)-epicatechin yielded a bilateral increase in hand strength of 7%, which was accompanied by a significant increase (49.2%) in the ratio of plasma follistatin/myostatin levels", the researchers write. "

Cacao flavonoid (-)-epicatechin inhibits myostatin and strengthens muscles

It seems myostatin is needed for collagen production so staying on inhibitors or knocking in down too low could be bad.

Has anybody tried this? Seems great on paper but I'd like to see real world results

I increased aminos and also added Acacia and Grape seed extract, both good sources of Epi.

I'm going to give it a month before I get to excited about things.

Black lion is coming out with an epicatechin supplement.
Its on presale now before price gets nuts

They won't say how much ingredients are in it yet though. It would help to know.

and they wont.

it says 500mg per pill but thats total with rice flower.

but i was told its a lil over the researched dose.
so idk

and they wont.

it says 500mg per pill but that's total with rice flower.

but i was told its a lil over the researched dose.
so idk

If they put out info on what's in it, then I would try it, I'm not just gonna order some mystery pill, especially when their "info" is fast and loose with facts.

They quote animal tests like "lowers myo 49%" but leave out that this result if from mice.

Then again, My FSM unit, the people who support them quote rat studies the same way, then it's up to us to go fishing and find out where the heck they got their stats.

Are you gonna order some?> if so let us know how it goes.

From what I have read, Lowing myo in humans made the tendons and muscles have less collagen growth factors, and this led to less tendon growth. I think it's wise to only use myo inhibitors for a few weeks/month and to use MSM, vit C, glucosime, chondroiten while on, and some ghrp/hgh, then blast ghrp/ghg while of to help tendon recover.

That's what I am doing now atleast.

24pcs44.jpg

2ztaj9s.jpg

Genevar contains the clinically proven OvoPep™ as well as Cocoa-RX™! From what the scientist told me, the OvoPep™/Cocoa-RX™ combo starts working immediately to inhibit Myostatin and initiate myogenesis and hypertrophy, though you should run it for several MONTHS (like all peptide hormones) in order to yield FULL and OPTIMAL effects/results. He was even saying that staying on indefinitely for many months is ideal. Luckily, everyone here gets a MASSIVE DISCOUNT!

PRE-SALE: The Bodybuilding.com price will be $69.99. Yes, it's expensive because it is a licensed ingredient with clinical data, and the first of it's kind. As you all know, this is revolutionary. HOWEVER, Professional Muscle members will get 40% OFF ($42.00 per bottle), each member is limited to 10 bottles each. 1 bottle lasts 1 month, so that is plenty to hold you over until we have more available.

Send me a PM and I will respond with an invoice that you can pay by credit card or PayPal account.

ROSS, how much epicatechin is in your product?
Is the cocoa the source of the epi?

thanks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear