over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proviron Causing Anxiety?

Registered
I have been on TRT using Test C 25 mg/night since November 15th. Things were going great. On December 12th I started Proviron 25 mg/day. Over the last few days I have felt anxiety and claustrophobia. I am set to get labs drawn this week. I believe the Proviron has affected my estrogen levels and is responsible for my symptoms. Any opinions on this?

I have been on TRT using Test C 25 mg/night since November 15th. Things were going great. On December 12th I started Proviron 25 mg/day. Over the last few days I have felt anxiety and claustrophobia. I am set to get labs drawn this week. I believe the Proviron has affected my estrogen levels and is responsible for my symptoms. Any opinions on this?
Never have experienced this with proviron currently running it at 50mg a day with test/primo, but no 2 people are the same I guess. I'm interested to see the lab results.

Proviron is used to treat depression and mood disorders at up to 450mg/d. Generally proviron makes most people feel better and improves quality of life.

When I was running 100-125mg wk of TRT I would use 12.5mg of Proviron daily and it worked fine with no issues. Cut your Proviron down to 12.5mg daily or just remove it for a few days and see if your anxiety gets better.

Im prone to anxiety and I've never had issues with it.. try less and build up to 50mgs see if it helps if not stay at a dose that doesnt give anxiety.. I have that issue with nandros when I go over 150mgs so I know what you're talking about.

Proviron is used to treat depression and mood disorders at up to 450mg/d. Generally proviron makes most people feel better and improves quality of life.

I should have noted that my libido has actually decreased since starting the Proviron.

I should have noted that my libido has actually decreased since starting the Proviron.

That is not a typical response, but anything is possible. Maybe proviron is not for you? it could also be other factors besides proviron. Maybe you're stressed, tired etc.

At 175mg a week I need a little AI or 25mg Prov I aromatize heavier than most. Like suggested try 12.5

Are u sure your using real, legitimate Proviron?

Are u sure your using real, legitimate Proviron?

I have used this sources Proviron in the past and it was legit. I used his Proviron 25 mg for Test Phenylprop 700 mg/week with no issues for eight weeks. Libido and mental status were great.

I probably crashed my E2 this time around because my TRT dose is much lower than when I blasted with TPP. I will stop the Proviron and just stick to the TRT dose.

By the way, my hair is shedding pretty badly this week.

Stop taking. SAMe 800-1600mg lowered anxiety and depression in testosterone users. It’s OTC on Amazon US, Rx in other countries.

Max
(I like provi, but my body runs different than others. Sounds like your body doesn’t like it. I’m allergic to Benadryl….figure that one out,
Lol 🤙🙏

Just because some studies show proviron should make most feel better it doesn't mean it will do the same for you. Google proviron and anxiety and there are countless threads of people experiencing exactly what you are from it. Anything could make someone more anxious so it's not because your proviron must be fake. Any fluctuations in hormones can cause anxiety in people who are sensitive. Sometimes it doesn't have to make much sense either.

I can take large doses of multiple AAS and feel fine. I was ok with proviron last time I tried it but it 100% can cause anxiety. Mast can make me feel off at times. HCG is horrible for me. Tren is the worse. EQ is bad but if I move up gradually it's manageable. Test, deca, npp, primo, avar, winny, dbol, adrol, sdrol etc are all fine. However sometimes you may respond differently. An example if your estrogen gets too low that could cause issues as you know. The same for prolactin and high prolactin can cause bad anxiety.

The only advice I can give you is stop the proviron if it's that bad. If it's a 5/10 then you could lower the dose and see how you get on. It all depends upon how bad you have responded to it and is it worth the risk. Get blood work done and see how everything looks (test, estrogen, prolactin, cortisol etc).

Just because some studies show proviron should make most feel better it doesn't mean it will do the same for you. Google proviron and anxiety and there are countless threads of people experiencing exactly what you are from it. Anything could make someone more anxious so it's not because your proviron must be fake. Any fluctuations in hormones can cause anxiety in people who are sensitive. Sometimes it doesn't have to make much sense either.

I can take large doses of multiple AAS and feel fine. I was ok with proviron last time I tried it but it 100% can cause anxiety. Mast can make me feel off at times. HCG is horrible for me. Tren is the worse. EQ is bad but if I move up gradually it's manageable. Test, deca, npp, primo, avar, winny, dbol, adrol, sdrol etc are all fine. However sometimes you may respond differently. An example if your estrogen gets too low that could cause issues as you know. The same for prolactin and high prolactin can cause bad anxiety.

The only advice I can give you is stop the proviron if it's that bad. If it's a 5/10 then you could lower the dose and see how you get on. It all depends upon how bad you have responded to it and is it worth the risk. Get blood work done and see how everything looks (test, estrogen, prolactin, cortisol etc).

Thank you for the post. This is very helpful to me and many others.

Bloodwork done 12 days before starting the Proviron showed my E2 elevated at 76. I was on TRT only for three weeks prior to this bloodwork. I am now wondering if the Proviron actually further elevated my E2 by making more free Test available. Any thoughts on this?

Bloodwork done 12 days before starting the Proviron showed my E2 elevated at 76. I was on TRT only for three weeks prior to this bloodwork. I am now wondering if the Proviron actually further elevated my E2 by making more free Test available. Any thoughts on this?
Proviron binds to the aromatase enzyme so it acts as a anti E. It shouldn't do what you're suggesting.

This happens with me, prov or mast I have to taper up. So my body can adjust. Not common but happens a lot if you already have low SHBG.

The problem isn't Proviron, the problem is hormone fluctuation, you must be low SHBG because low SHBG people feel hormone fluctuations way more. Your free testosterone is higher, it lowers estradiol. I don't suggest DHT derivates for low. SHBG guys

This happens with me, prov or mast I have to taper up. So my body can adjust. Not common but happens a lot if you already have low SHBG.

My SHBG was low on my bloodwork. It was 11. Are you saying that an already low SHBG will cause higher E2 levels, especially when Proviron or Mast are introduced?

The problem isn't Proviron, the problem is hormone fluctuation, you must be low SHBG because low SHBG people feel hormone fluctuations way more. Your free testosterone is higher, it lowers estradiol. I don't suggest DHT derivates for low. SHBG guys

My SHBG was low on my bloodwork prior to starting the Proviron. It was 11. My free Test was high at 800 and E2 was 76 on the bloodwork. Wouldn’t high free Test with low SHBG cause high E2 levels?

I believe you are correct with the hormone fluctuate being the problem. My symptoms feel very similar to when my E2 was high last month from using TPP and NPP. Those symptoms (anxiety, insomnia, depression) are what prompted me to get the bloodwork done. The symptoms this month from the TRT and Provin are just much less severe, but they are there.

People can have different responses to hormones.

For example Tren and Test and Dbol etc etc never give me any aggression or libido or anything like that

Masteron on the other hand can make me extremely irritable if dosed high

Every steroid causes me to have problems getting and staying hard if I don't use HCG along with it

Etc

Proviron may just effect you that way

Or maybe your proviron is something other than proviron

Whatever the case may be, common sense says if the anxiety started when you started these pills, then stop the pills. Regardless.

My SHBG was low on my bloodwork. It was 11. Are you saying that an already low SHBG will cause higher E2 levels, especially when Proviron or Mast are introduced?
Yes, so taper up your doses on test and dht and you'll have less sides. If you get estrogen sides use an AI you can taper the AI down as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member