over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

prozac for women

Bigwimp

Registered
Recently my wifes doctor prescribed her prozac because for the last 10 years she always complains about being tired all the time. She goes to bed usually when the kids do at 8:30 or 9 and wakes up at 6 or 7 am. The doctor asked her if she was depressed and she told him no I don't think so but he prescribed it for her anyway.
Her concern (and mine) is that it decreases libido and even if she stops taking it can still affect her libido. Do any of you have experience or know another female with experience taking prozac? Doctor told her give it 2 to 3 weeks and if it didnt help at all then it wasn't going to and she can stop taking it. She is constantly cold all the time as well.

Thanks for any help.

My ex started taking it because prozac is supposed to help make a woman's period less intense.. This girl legit goes nutts once a month for a week... She stopped taking it 2 weeks in due to the negative impact on her libido and her libido went right back to normal

2zxo7jd.jpg

:yeahthat:

Thanks for the replys, we will see how then next few weeks play out.

My gf was prescribed anti-depressents and even after stopping her libido has never been the same :(

Recently my wifes doctor prescribed her prozac because for the last 10 years she always complains about being tired all the time. She goes to bed usually when the kids do at 8:30 or 9 and wakes up at 6 or 7 am. The doctor asked her if she was depressed and she told him no I don't think so but he prescribed it for her anyway.
Her concern (and mine) is that it decreases libido and even if she stops taking it can still affect her libido. Do any of you have experience or know another female with experience taking prozac? Doctor told her give it 2 to 3 weeks and if it didnt help at all then it wasn't going to and she can stop taking it. She is constantly cold all the time as well.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds to me like she may be low on thyroid and/or other hormones. It is sad that our conventional medicince system is so brainwashed that they would prescribe dangerous medications like Prozac instead of doing more analysis to find the cause of the problem and then treat the cause. Unfortunately your experience is very common in todays healthcare system. My advice would be to hold off on the Prozac and seek out a functional medicine based physician who can run some extensive blood tests and find out what is really going on. My guess is they will find out that her problem is not related to a prozac deficiency.

They did do testing and all her thyroid came in range. They didn't do test/estro testing on her though.

I HATED prozac! I used to be the same way as her. Does she exercise regularly? I delt with serious depression issues for years and was on just about every anti depressant out there, but the best cure for my depression was hitting it hard in the gym and eating clean. Since dedicating at least 30 minutes a day to the gym everyday I've felt 100% better.

I was a marketing manager for a SSRI. Prozac is a great drug, give it a legitmate chance, it could significantly make her life and your relationship better. And she may lose a few pounds.

I didn't know women had libidos. I thought they just obeyed their guys orders and complied 100% with his instructions. What planet do you all live on?

Hey Anthro, go bake me a pie. And then see if Flex has anything he needs you to do. And make it snappy Trollop.

She doesn't workout much at all. She pretty much sleeps 9+hours a day and works for 10 hours a day on her feet then comes home and does a little more stuff for work on her computer.
She is going to give it the three weeks the doctor suggested and if she doesn't notice any improvement she will stop taking it.

They did do testing and all her thyroid came in range. They didn't do test/estro testing on her though.

What tests did they do for the thyroid? The necessary ones are TSH, free T3, free T4, and thyroid antibodies. Many times I have seen some of these omitted which makes it hard to tell if there actually is a problem. Also, where in the reference range did she fall? Many times you can be in the reference range and still be deficient. If you don't want to post the info on here, feel free to PM me as well. Lastly, have your wife put a thermometer by the bed and take her temperature immediate upon arising for the next several days to get an average. If it is below 97.8 then she probably has a thyroid problem.

results from her tests:

TSH 2.03uIU -------.30-5.60
FT4 .85ng/dL -------.61-1.12
FT3 2.56pg/mL -----2.50-3.90

no test for Thyroglobulin.

results from her tests:

TSH 2.03uIU -------.30-5.60
FT4 .85ng/dL -------.61-1.12
FT3 2.56pg/mL -----2.50-3.90

no test for Thyroglobulin.

FT3 is the biochemically active form of the thyroid while FT4 is more of a storage hormone. Your wife's FT3 is at the extreme low end of the normal range. I would try the thermometer test I mentioned as well as get a full hormone workup(both blood and 24 hour urine) to see what actually is going on. Even if somehow the prozac helps(which I doubt it will) it will not correct the imbalances or actual cause of what is going on; it will simply mask the symptoms. Its hard to believe that with the symptoms you described and a FT3 that low that your doctor didn't try giving you a Rx for armour thyroid instead of prozac.

Without out a doubt will slow/shut her libido down..Don't waste your /her time

I went and picked up her prescription for it again but she said she wasn't going to take it anymore as she didnt feel any different on it. I told her to ask the doctor to run all her hormone levels as well next time and to ask about armour thyroid that muscle96ss mentioned.
She looked at website for female HRT but said she only had maybe 5 or 6 of the 20 symptoms they listed. Thanks again all for the responses.

Prozac and Libido

Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted in at least a year or two. I am a female, 45 years old, have had depression problems and have used Prozac on and off for years. Bad news is it will hurt the libido as it did mine and having the big "o" will be a major chore.

Good news: there is a Solution: Wellbutrin. OMG is all I can say. At 45, I have more of a libido than I had when in my younger days and I am peri-menopausal. I am divorced and have a boyfriend, but we are only able to see each other every 2 weeks (live 4 hours apart). I get so horny and almost can't focus at work. Google it, you will see all kinds of reviews from thousands of people claiming the same.

Have your girlfriend try it. Hopefully she doesn't have a problem with anxiety because it releases dopamine vs. serotonin (calming). It has been a life changer for me, I feel like I am in my 20's!! :p

Interesting, what dose where you taking?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear