over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

psyllium husk

randyh4

Registered
Anyone have any adverse side effects from psyllium husk such as abdominal discomfort, NVD, constipation, or loss of appetite... I'm trying to figure out what may have caused such sx as I experienced all of these this morning... I did get food poisoning twice this year though... I never had any underlying gastrointestinal abnormalities but I did have a similar occurence when I took Acidopholus (healthy bacteria) to improve intestinal absorption...any thoughts comments? Thank you for your time.

you want to know why a bulk fiber powder is causing abdominal discomfort and loss of apetitie? really?

Are you mixing it with adequate water?

I'm aware of the sides, my question is I was also defecating a blackish color before I took any bismuth salisacyte... and Shelby now that you mention it I think I may have been dehydrated a lil' bit... I'm just trying to pinpoint if this was possibly the fiber or food contaminent. Thank you for your comments though guys they are greatly appreciated

Anyone have any adverse side effects from psyllium husk such as abdominal discomfort, NVD, constipation, or loss of appetite... I'm trying to figure out what may have caused such sx as I experienced all of these this morning... I did get food poisoning twice this year though... I never had any underlying gastrointestinal abnormalities but I did have a similar occurence when I took Acidopholus (healthy bacteria) to improve intestinal absorption...any thoughts comments? Thank you for your time.

Not me my friend, works fine for me.

I think it may have been from dehydration... I normally weigh 232 -235 and when I weighed myself I was 225 lbs but I also couldn't keep any h2o or solids down. Thanks for the thoughts guys

Give It time

The bloating will go away after a week or so of continous use. Your colon muscles have to adjust to the extra fiber.

Like every else says...keep drinking the water.

I would stop using it and see if that was the cause.

almost 100%

Well I ceased taking anymore psyllium husk and my stomach is almost 100% better... thanks for the the thoughts guys... I was almost crippled in pain, I had to call off work and the worst part was I took my vit's in the AM and when I threw up it felt like I was vomiting FIRE thanks to the cayenne pepper... I know now to most definently stay hydrated while taking the fiber. Thanks again for your time

my two P

I've used Psy husks on and off for some years. In the beginning I usually start with one normal tablespoon, not heaping, in 8 oz. of water. I follow that up immediately with two glasses of water. As per previous posts your body needs time to adjust.
I've consulted with a GI doc and he has told me not to take it if I'm already experiencing gas, bloating. It will only get worse.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws