over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ptsd living with it

gshoty

Registered
any one here have it?

because of it i have fucked up cortisol levels to where it affects a lot hormonally. that constant "you dont know what ive been through " attitude towards everything. i either get high off memories like a rush or get really depressed after having a flashback. makes my training more intense and i attribute thats why i exxcel so fast but hormonalaly im out of it and couldnt train for 2 weeks.
if youve had it or know someone whos had it howd they deal with it

i just had an episode thats why the writing is kinda eratic

Myself and most, if not all, of my brothers in the Marines have some sort of combat related PTSD. Some have sought out CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), and other just avoid triggers. CBT is just like exposure therapy. You remember a traumatic event, under the supervision of a therapist, over and over again, and eventually you become desensitized to it. If you can, do CBT. I personally hate taking mood stabilizing meds.

S/F

Myself and most, if not all, of my brothers in the Marines have some sort of combat related PTSD. Some have sought out CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), and other just avoid triggers. CBT is just like exposure therapy. You remember a traumatic event, under the supervision of a therapist, over and over again, and eventually you become desensitized to it. If you can, do CBT. I personally hate taking mood stabilizing meds.

S/F

ill deff try that thanks man

any one here have it?

because of it i have fucked up cortisol levels to where it affects a lot hormonally. that constant "you dont know what ive been through " attitude towards everything. i either get high off memories like a rush or get really depressed after having a flashback. makes my training more intense and i attribute thats why i exxcel so fast but hormonalaly im out of it and couldnt train for 2 weeks.
if youve had it or know someone whos had it howd they deal with it

i just had an episode thats why the writing is kinda eratic

I'd say an advantage you have is your awareness of where / how it has affected you. I was in the military but never saw any action so I can't relate in that regard. However, I struggled for a very long time w/ drug addiction (massive cocaine use) and the states of paranoia and confusion that result have been attributed to PTSD like manifestations. Thank god that was many years ago. During CBT, my self awareness and keen sense for detecting behavior was a huge positive in my recovery. I don't know you but I sympathize with what you're going through. I was going to say "empathize" but then you might blast me like you said above "you don't know what I've been through"....and you're right, I don't. Tons of vets on this board and others, I hope more respond to a brother in need. Zomb is a good one. He put me in my place on another board in regard to the movie, "The Hurt Locker". I was like, "wow, that movie was so great". He was like, "not if you actually lived it." That was almost 8 years ago (guessing), so we live / learn and hopefully grow up a little and become more sensitive to others. I wish you the best.

things that have heled me:

cbt therapy.

try to let go and forgive/forget. dont think about the past.

find a really good therapist.

medical marihuana helps.

remember there are people out there that KNOW how you feel. your not alone.

Last edited:
I appreciate all these responses greatly. These past 2 days ive been doing better with dealing with triggers etc and really tryin to not blow up at people who piss me off with all that suppresed rage. im talking to somone soon also

Go see an integrative doctor who does iv therapy.. also check out etf therapy on mercola.com

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I don't respond to one one one therapy, but I love my group therapy.

DBSA is the group I use. They are everywhere.

You should be able to find support groups online. Most are free.

Facebook has some coping groups you can join.

The quality of them is hit or miss.

The plus side is that there is usually someone online 24/7 if you need to talk.

I'm in one under my real name, and I'm in another one under a fake account because the group is so big, the posts are not private.

I don't rely on them too much, but it's nice to have them there if I need them.

I was in but never had to do much.... But i did find this and it may or may not help a bit??

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25165739/

Hope u get the help u deserve man, and it always tears my heart out when i see vets who have to go thru any of this, my best friend suffers from ptsd and he said he just learned to turn everything off, not sure how but he did

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity