over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Public Blood Pressure Monitors In Pharmacies

iceman74

Kilo Klub Member
How accurate are the blood pressure monitors that are available for public use in pharmacies and grocery stores? I ask because I used one in a grocery store yesterday and a different one at a drug store tonight and both readings I got were downright scary. I mean, if they were remotely accurate - than I should be laying in an ER right now trying to find out what is wrong with me. I am running some anabolics, but my doses are so low that one wouldn't expects BP to be anywhere near that high.

For full disclosure, I'm currently running Tren E at 120mg/week, Test E at 100mg/week and on day 3 of Var at 25mg/day. My BP readings were both around 180 over 116 and my pulse was 92/93. I know arm size affects readings in those tight cuffs, but damn are those numbers high!!! :eek:

I wouldn't buy too much Into those readings. That is high for sure but until you get several readings with a larger arm cuff showing those numbers i wouldn't worry.

Those thinh are made for 13-14 inch Arms. That could majorly effect a reading. I would think if your BP was that high you'd feel it

Those thinh are made for 13-14 inch Arms. That could majorly effect a reading. I would think if your BP was that high you'd feel it

Yeah, I could barely cram my arm in there. I did feel a little dizzy and kinda 'weird'. I'm thinking about making a doctors appointment just to be on the safe side.

I can use one of them than do some shopping test again, shop then test a third time and get three totally different readings.

And when I say totally, sometimes the #'s are not even close.

I know I'm repeating what's been said but the cuffs are for normal human's not us. It makes the reading completely off.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Lmao. I too just experienced this 186/97. Hoping same as u lol.
Just did forearm and it was 180/86

Wow, I hope that's a false reading for you too. :eek:

Maybe I'll try my forearm on the way home this evening. My BP will likely be jacked up from the heat and cutting down some broken trees though.

Normally. When high. Head has pressure headache and will get nose bleeds
Been good for abit. But last two weekend have had head aches. But feel more "neck" related. Like needig to crack the thing.
Will investigate soon at after hours. Should really get on meds if needed. Been 4 months or so with the odd high reading

Orals are done. Eq is stopped. So we will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cuffs are too small on those. I read high on those but fine in the Drs office.

You can buy a really good BP measuring device for home use at around $80-100. In our game it is very important thing to have along with BG meter for those that use slin.

I got recommended this type by a bodybuilding Doctor.......and its a reasonable price..

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor, along with......Omron Large Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff

from Amazon and seems to be okay in that it compares to readings i get at the Doctors

I got recommended this type by a bodybuilding Doctor.......and its a reasonable price..

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor, along with......Omron Large Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff

from Amazon and seems to be okay in that it compares to readings i get at the Doctors

i have this one...and the big cuff.

good product.

You can kid yourself all you want but Tren and EQ I think are two of the worst for raising your blood pressure.

Mine went up to 150/90 and sometimes higher.
I have an automatic blood pressure meter that I checked against my doctors and she said it was off slightly. But it was not that far off. She told me they get their hand held ones checked and calibrated annually.

I purchased a second one and it seems to be accurate. I purchased another one, a manual one (these things are not expensive by any means) and both my girlfriend (she is an RN) and I have both used it and believe it to be very accurate. The ones in the stores around here are accurate enough. I have found that three reading is best and that is what is recommended by many manufactures. I typically get the same readings at home as in the stores.

Increased BP on gear is an absolute problem that most of us would like to not face. Get a manual one if you want to know for sure. I don't trust other peoples readings. I cannot tell you how many times I have been to a doctors office or given blood and had the technician take a reading and I’m sure she was just ball parking it. Mine is never 120/60 but it is was last time I gave blood. That is why I eventually bought the manual one. I also wanted to check my automatic one.

Get your own cuff and stethoscope combined for 20 or 30 at a med supply shop. They will make sure you get the right size cuff. Then believe the readings you get and start doing what you need to do (like more cardio) god I hated trying to run on Tren.

We would all like to believe that our arm is so big and that is why the reading is off. If your arm is that big it is most likely from the gear and that is why your reading is so high. I had one friend in the hospital and his friend came in and the nurse took all of our BPs. The friends BP was something like 210/190. They made him go right down to the ER to see a doctor. He had no symptoms at all but could have had a stroke or heart attack any minute. They literally did not want him driving home to see his own doctor the next day.

Just my experience, hope it helps. Everyone else’s experience on here has always helped me.

I got an omron series 10 off Amazon for like 53 bucks shipped which is half price with the bugger cuff and it says good to like 20 inch Arms or something. They had bigger cuff options too. They're cheap on amazon.

A while back I went to the doc, can't remember what for, but nurse took bp and just looked at me and walked out and came right back with another nurse. She told her to take my bp because when she took it it couldn't have been right. She took it and said she got 240/190. They both said as soon as the doc gets done go to the ER. They kept on saying "straight to the ER!" Well the wife was with me so I had no choice, damn I'm lucky she takes care of me. Here turns out I had some serious shit going wrong at the time not aas related but if you're bp is high for Gods sake get it checked!

The cuffs are too small on those. I read high on those but fine in the Drs office.

I was in another store last night and took a minute to read the print under the directions... it said they were for average adult arms between 9"-13". Are peoples arms really that small? :eek:

You can buy a really good BP measuring device for home use at around $80-100. In our game it is very important thing to have along with BG meter for those that use slin.

I got an omron series 10 off Amazon for like 53 bucks shipped which is half price with the bugger cuff and it says good to like 20 inch Arms or something. They had bigger cuff options too. They're cheap on amazon.

About 4 years ago I bought a ReliOn, which is made by Omron, and it has worked well. But recently it developed an air leak somewhere near where the airline goes into the cuff. Since my original purchase, they apparently changed the nozzle between the hose on the cuff and the monitor itself. So far I haven't found one that matches up and really can't afford a new monitor at the moment. I'll get on Amazon and see if they have another large cuff available on there.

I understand how important it is to have one and that is why I bought the monitor before I ever pinned my first 250mgs of Test.

Thanks for all the useful reply's, keep them coming!

Never EVER get your bp taken off one of those Pharmacy machines.
Cuff size is a huge factor.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity