over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Puking During and After Workout

CSUMuscle10

Registered
So I was just curious if any of you get sick frequently during and after workout. I have puked after workouts from as far back as I can remember; I'm 34 now and remember having to take my helmet off during football to run over to the side of the field and yack. It usually is just a quick puke session and back to training but it happens a lot. I have gone to the doctor and had numerous tests done to see if I could track down the cause but to no avail. Today I got done training, puked, chugged my protein, and now I'm good. Just wondering if anyone out there has this problem as well; I train hard and breathing gets going quite a bit so I'm hoping that's all it is. Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there.

When do you eat prior to your workout?

If you eat a big meal close to an intense workout like legs/back, prepare for projectile puke warfare.

Also helps if you don't stuff yourself around your workout, and instead space your meals out properly :cool:

Happens all the time for me lol. Usually after squats. Pisses me off because I pop blood vessels all over my face/neck and I look like an idiot.

I usually lift in the morning about two hours after I eat; usually breakfast is either eggs and spinach, or oatmeal w/cinnamon and banana, with a protein shake. It really depends though, some days I just lift when I can depending on the work schedule. I try to space them out but that's not always feasible for me.

Try switching up what foods you eat and eat them at least 1 1/2 hours before your workout. I switched my carbs to rice cakes before workouts. Tends to help me.

The last time I puked after a workout was after football practice in college. I believe 1984. LOL

It was mostly rum that came back up though. No food. :headbang:

Any pre workout ? I cannot do any pre workout or I get sick and I gotta have at least half gallon of water in me before I work out or I feel like total shyt and borderline throw up

Any pre workout ? I cannot do any pre workout or I get sick and I gotta have at least half gallon of water in me before I work out or I feel like total shyt and borderline throw up

I did a little pre-workout today but not all the time.

This sometimes happens to me during leg day, it also only happens if I eat right before I workout, so I try to eat very light and than wait at least 45 mins before I workout.

Caffeine occasionally makes me nauseous. Haven't puked during or after training in years, but I'll get real close and gag and cough. Coffee, can barely live with it, can't live without it. :D

This sometimes happens to me during leg day, it also only happens if I eat right before I workout, so I try to eat very light and than wait at least 45 mins before I workout.

It seems like that's the consensus so far.

On Leg Day...every time.

I'm on a 4 days on, one day off schedule. Leg day is the only day that I end up completely drenched in sweat and feel like puking.

Common reasons to puke during or directly after a workout is exercise-induced hypoglycemia--most common after heavy squats. Another common reason is eating too close before the workout. All the blood that was going to digestion is diverted away to the muscles so you get sick from indigestion.

Common reasons to puke during or directly after a workout is exercise-induced hypoglycemia--most common after heavy squats. Another common reason is eating too close before the workout. All the blood that was going to digestion is diverted away to the muscles so you get sick from indigestion.

It used to happen to me some on LEG days but I typically eat much lighter before I train and that's helped me.

Thank you all for the advice; sounds like the consensus is the amount of time between eating and working out, LEG DAY!!, and possibly hypoglycemia (probably due to my diet). I'm not really eating prior to working out due to my intermittent fasting (usually just chug some bcaa's), leg day is a possibility (leg day is leg day and it hurts... but in a good way), and hypogycemia could be a possibility due to diet. I'll switch it up and see what happens. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131