over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pull Ups vs Chin Ups

Well

Phil, and or anyone else that wants to chime in,

If these palms 'toward you' ups are not weighted and only body weight is used, is there a problem? I always thought heavy chins were one of the best bicep exercises but because I can do so many I usually pre exhaust before I do em.

I too think they are a good bicep exercise......but I also think they compromise the bicep tendon........now if you could have a rotating grip, some sort of neutral angle slightly pronated from full supination.

I admire you for that.........I do. But man, you cant treat people like that here......the ones you are protecting......you never know who is behind the computer......unless it is "Sadie" of course.

Phil, I'm being dead honest here.
1. I never really intended to hash it out with you or anyone else for that matter. I'm very opinionated when I feel I need to be, sometimes I come off a little harsh. I think you do the same as well. I think sometimes we assume everyone has as thick of skin as we do...ya know?
2. I've been around the boards for a while. I've seen many-o-toughguy posts. All of them claming this that and the other. Thats cool, I would rather not find out either way to be honest. I'm completely opposed to violence unless absolutely necessary, and I'd also rather not have to decide in a blink whether or not its necessary.
I read white knucks post about punching people, Muay Thais about TEK 9's and the like, I find it all rather amusing.
Phil, I grew up in watts. I had a gun and USED it long before I ever turned my life around and got an education.
I know what it's like to shoot someone. To be shot. To catch shrapnel. I know what it feels like to break someones nose, and unfortunately, know what it's like to have my nose broken (x2 actually).

I've stated before that I would rather stay in the shadows here as much as possible. But, like most people, if I feel like I'm being attacked, I retaliate.

I am willing to start off fresh though, and try to be as accomodating to others as possible.

Well

1. I never really intended to hash it out with you or anyone else for that matter. I'm very opinionated when I feel I need to be, sometimes I come off a little harsh. I think you do the same as well. I think sometimes we assume everyone has as thick of skin as we do...ya know?
2. I've been around the boards for a while. I've seen many-o-toughguy posts. All of them claming this that and the other. Thats cool, I would rather not find out either way to be honest. I'm completely opposed to violence unless absolutely necessary, and I'd also rather not have to decide in a blink whether or not its necessary.
I read white knucks post about punching people, Muay Thais about TEK 9's and the like, I find it all rather amusing.
Phil, I grew up in watts. I had a gun and USED it long before I ever turned my life around and got an education.
I know what it's like to shoot someone. To be shot. To catch shrapnel. I know what it feels like to break someones nose, and unfortunately, know what it's like to have my nose broken (x2 actually).

I've stated before that I would rather stay in the shadows here as much as possible. But, like most people, if I feel like I'm being attacked, I retaliate.

I am willing to start off fresh though, and try to be as accomodating to others as possible.

You have had it a LOT harder than I have......I respect you for coming out better in the end because it can ruin people. I do come off harsh and I do not mean it in most cases......most of the time I have a group of guys around me laughing, egging me on, ahhahahhahah.......of course my wife would never put up with my attitude on here sometimes, ahhahahah

I too think they are a good bicep exercise......but I also think they compromise the bicep tendon........now if you could have a rotating grip, some sort of neutral angle slightly pronated from full supination.

Something like this can maybe accomplish this. I was thinking of getting or making something like in the below link for pulls up and chins so I can have my hands semi supinated to keep to the bicep tendon not impinge in pull up or the rotator cuff in the chin.

**broken link removed**

Something like this can maybe accomplish this. I was thinking of getting or making something like in the below link for pulls up and chins so I can have my hands semi supinated to keep to the bicep tendon not impinge in pull up or the rotator cuff in the chin.

**broken link removed**

John Parillo used to have a rack for doing pullups/chins etc that had handles on it that would rotate 360% around and around. You could also change the width of the handles, so as to go more narrow or wider. It was very adaptive, and you could do just about any variation. Im not sure if its still produced, but I used to love using that thing. John makes or made some of the best equipment out there! I also loved his belt squat rack/machine. He made benches that had the arch for your back built into them. He had a flat, decline ,and incline like that.
!

John Parillo used to have a rack for doing pullups/chins etc that had handles on it that would rotate 360% around and around. You could also change the width of the handles, so as to go more narrow or wider. It was very adaptive, and you could do just about any variation. Im not sure if its still produced, but I used to love using that thing. John makes or made some of the best equipment out there! I also loved his belt squat rack/machine. He made benches that had the arch for your back built into them. He had a flat, decline ,and incline like that.
!

I see something like that before.

They also now have the perfect pull up which is a rotating devices you attach to the bar, but I ain't trusting it. They have it a t walmart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...0000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10770120

I rather get something like in the other link or the strap below by someone like elifts. At least I know it should not break.

**broken link removed**

just talk to people on this board as if you were standing beside them and then the problem is solved.:ac:ion-sm.

This is probably the last exercises I would use for Biceps. There are many other that are more efficient.

Paul Dillet was/is pretty gigantic, but I wouldnt think too many people should be taking his lifting and dieting advice.

Lamar Odom is a professional basketball player, and his diets primary food is gummy worms/candy.

Everything is what it is. A lot of people have built their physiques and abilities on pure genetics and that alone, so just saying that someone is a pro or someone did this, isnt the be all end all.

Im not saying Phil fits into the aforementioned category at all, but if you go by a lot of what he says and does rather than simply what he looks like or that he was/is a Pro, there are differences in how he is interpreted.

Everything should be taken with a grain of salt, wherever it comes from, not because someone is big, someone is a pro etc. One should make logical deductions through trial and error, logic itself, and science.

Like in the gyno/Phil posts back and forth in this thread. Gyno offerred valid arguments and logic and all Phil really did was bash/criticize him and then say I dont have time for you. Does Phil come out of that as right because he is big and a pro?

I wasn't talking bout Paul Dillett. I was talking bout Phil Hernon, and the fact that he is highly rated as a trainer, and is an ex-competitive pro bber.

Phil made a comment the guy took offence to, and then didn't back off, they seem to have bad blood, and I don't think its excusable to do or say whatever cause of pro status, but this seems personal.

The point of my post, was that this guy says he doesn't care for bbing, nor a steroid board, doesn't care for what Phil Hernon has to say neither, so what is he here for?

I'm glad to see this

You guys make me proud to be a member of PM.

Yes

!

I loved all of Parillos stuff! He is right in your back yard

I loved all of Parillos stuff! He is right in your back yard

that guy is really good at what he does. I trained under him for about 6 months when he brought one of his powerlifters into the gym to train legs. I have never grown my legs so fast as then.

that guy is really good at what he does. I trained under him for about 6 months when he brought one of his powerlifters into the gym to train legs. I have never grown my legs so fast as then.

Did you see this post I out up few months back because of all the fascia stretching type routines that are the mainstream/trend lately or maybe just being focused on. John had a system for awhile. I like what he has to say and a lot of guys I know who use to be very competitive National Level like his methods.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44747&highlight=john+parillo

Did you see this post I out up few months back because of all the fascia stretching type routines that are the mainstream/trend lately or maybe just being focused on. John had a system for awhile. I like what he has to say and a lot of guys I know who use to be very competitive National Level like his methods.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44747&highlight=john+parillo

I never really practiced the stretching when he came over, but I did see him apply it to the powerlifter he was training. I just kinda joined in with him and did the lifts with him. JOhn did push me just as about as hard as the other guy. He knew how to get 100% out of you and more. Training beyond failure on many sets with assistance. Used to be 3 guys on you helping pull you up on those belt squats after you hit failure. Youd hit failure and then do like another 10 reps! It was pure agony, but I loved it.

I have a Q for mr. hernon. are the chins kinda like doing straight bar curls? i have never had a problem with chins but straight bar curls kinda feel uncomfortable. do they really put strain on the elbow? i have had a bad case of lateral epicondylitis (sp?) and i don't want to aggravate that anymore. I am just getting to feeling better, and just started back in the gym after 2 years (second workout today).

Hey guys, I find that overhand medium-grip weighted pullups suit me the best. I used to avoid pullups but they have contributed alot to my back. I hope they suit you all as well as they did me!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws