YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulled a hamstring. How long to recover?

eaglecall

Registered
As far as I remember this is the first time in my life I pull a muscle while working out. It was on my first hammy exercise. Single leg seated leg curl. Last rep of last set on negative phase. Was doing slow heavy controlled move, I felt half way the muscle was going like twisted and then the sharp pain like pulling a cord. Had to rest for like 5 mins, massaging the area although didn't make a difference. I was limping but kept going with whole workout lowering weight and putting more load on other leg.

I have no idea how bad is it, it hurts constantly, pain doesnt go away in any position. No visible damage, although not sure if tomorrow something will show up. How long usually takes something like this to heal?

Without knowing the extent of the tear it's hard to say how long to heal.

There's no way anyone can tell. Did you take some Advil

Thanks guys.
No, no advil. Thats for pain and inflammation correct? Might take one. although the pain is nothing that I cant handle. Its there but expected.

1? Take 800mg so 4 of 200mg usually. Ice it

Order some BPC157 and/or TB500 peptides for injury healing. They are the magic miracle healing power of David Blaine in a tiny vial. Works fast!

it usually takes a long time to recover from hamstring injury. you should spend more time to take a rest.

probably never be the same

Hammy injuries are like back and ankle injuries, they are nagging bastards forever.

Eaglecall, hopefully it's a strain and not a pull. They can feel similar but a strain doesn't carry the pestering effects long term. Hope you're alright man. As others said, without knowing the full extent it's impossible to say. A low guess would be a couple of weeks without aggravating it

just did mine too about 4 weeks ago on a standing 1 leg ham curl w medium weight after going heavy as shit on my laying down and seated curls ... right in the middle of the muscles thickest part, felt like a few strands popped.....I pulled it 2 years ago and it pulled again EXACT same spot..... pulled my groin on the same leg about 6 months ago too which still isn't the same...

for ham, I took 2 weeks off legs completely ......(well, i still did calves) ... then my last 2 leg days i just went on the leg press with feet pretty low and closer together to try to take as much stress off ham as possible... 1st session i only went upto 4 plates a side and kept reps around 25 moving weight slow.... did a few sets and called quits... last session went unto 6.5 a side, same speed and rep pattern... today my leg day again and ill try maybe 8 a side... next time 10ish... i don't get close to failure when I'm injured and training... rather pull up short and just go another set... re-injuring is the worst ESP when you know you should have given it more time or taken it easy...

I ride bike for 10-15 min to warm up legs very good...

Ive heard wrapping the ham tight w a knee wrap or something helps, but i haven't done it...

I've pulled the shit out of mine a couple times , both times were while benching oddly.

I strained the shit out of it once getting out of a truck , it was sore and swolen for a couple weeks. I kept it lathed down with a good analgesic and wrapped with ice AFTER i rolled it out each evening. The strain was lower though , above the knee about 1/3 the way up.

I'm always nervous when doing laying hamstring curls , I've heard horror stories about guys popping the hamstring lose

pull layoff your hammy for a week.. tear? 6-8 weeks? happen to tear my hammy twice.. 1st time doing the stand/seated leg press 2nd time doing deads.. both times after i tore had a ball/lump full of blood which popped which left me black and blue from the bottom of my ass to my heel. very painful! washing my foot or putting a sock/shoe on became very difficult..

ALMOST pulled mine yesterday doing standing curl machine...felt the thing ripping/popping but thank god didnt Pull completely.

It might not be as bad, there is no visible damage, although the pain is very deep. Concentrated in one area, it feels like a stab wound. Although never been stabbed but thats how I imagine it would feel lol. Its in the center lower part of the hammy. Pain is almost completely gone while not moving. I feel it when walking or doing any activity, but is very slight. Still I guess it will take some time to recover. I wont do any exercise that put stress in that leg while the pain is still there.

Maybe taking HGH is possible to outgrow the area :D

I pulled mine a few times, the first time was during a company softball game, I slipped on wet grass and the slide pulled it... It was tough walking, every step forward hurt like hell and I looked dumb... But I recovered in a few weeks... Then I pulled it again about a year later at a company football game... same thing... They must've thought that I was a weak sister, I was way bigger than everyone else, yet I kept pulling shit... It was only a couple of weeks to recover though, not really too bad, but it's frustrating...

if its a muscle tear it would be swollen and black and blue....
a bad ham tear would make it almost impossible to walk

was it audible...???....if not, its just a strain....

no legs for a few weeks, looks like.

:)

sound like yours was not as bad as mine, I popped a hammy once, the next day form mid hamstring to mid calf was black, I damn near could not walk and had to call in sick for a few days, I think it took me about 3 months before I did anything on hams, for a long time I could feel the area where it tore, that probably lasted around a year, I do not feel it anymore as this happened about 7-8 years ago, good luck.

if its a muscle tear it would be swollen and black and blue....
a bad ham tear would make it almost impossible to walk

was it audible...???....if not, its just a strain....

no legs for a few weeks, looks like.

:)

It was probably just a mild strain. Audible? Not sure....I wear earphones to isolate myself from all these cuckolds :D
But like I said there is no visual damage, nor anything I can feel to the touch. The only time it hurts now is a tiny bit while walking, although I can walk perfectly normal. When I bend over to do something then the pain increase a little bit. To the touch that pain is very deep inside the hammy and seems to be concentrated in one spot probably no bigger than a square 0.5 inch.

Some people recommended me to take something, which I greatly appreciate the advise, but pain or any symptom at this point are priceless sensors and indicators to asses damage, diagnose and troubleshoot. It wouldnt be wise to shut off any symptom right now until I have everything completely under control, which I pretty much do. One more full day will be enough data to create a predictable outcome and estimated time of repair. Only then I could take something to either mask the process or speed up the process.

4-8 weeks, the longer the better and start off again as light as possible with very slow progression

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws