over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulled intercoastal muscle?

purelifting

Registered
Recently, I've has shortness of breath and pressure on my right rib on my lung. Have anyone pulled their intercoastal muscle? I went to the doctor a day after I woke up feeling like I was beaten. They just told me get an x-ray to make sure no bones or collapsed lungs are present and just take ibuprofen. I finally went to the ER after it was so serious, I couldn't go to the beach due it being very hard to breath. The ER discharged me with the same instructions. ibuprofen 3x a day.

My question is, how did anyone go about recovering from their intercoast strain,pull, or tare.

are you sure its intercoastals? if so ho did you hurt it? I've had few cases of ruptured alveoli(lung sacs)from doing chest and it usually go away with deep breath.

I can't be too sure of anything. It was 95% better a few days ago. I went to the gym to do 3 sets of every core movement (decline, squad, deadlift, rows, press), but taking it pretty easy to get let my body get used to being in the gym. next day two days the feeling that I was having before was back, but no where near as bad as it was before. I am leaving it in the hands of the doctors saying it is my intercoastal muscle. I believe this only using pure logic that it is the intercoastal muscle, since 3 days after using ibuprofen cured it. The only problem, the ibuprofen ruined my stomach.

This happened a girl I train with she tried to train through it and then it got worse and she was out for about 2 months. My advice take as long as it needs to feel better before testing it out. Also hit the dietary anti inflammatories hard. Fish oil, tumeric, celery and carrot juice are some options

This happened a girl I train with she tried to train through it and then it got worse and she was out for about 2 months. My advice take as long as it needs to feel better before testing it out. Also hit the dietary anti inflammatories hard. Fish oil, tumeric, celery and carrot juice are some options

Ibuprofen is killing my stomach. I've been getting back into my diet hardcore... I stopped everything due to work, school, relationship issues. Hopefully since i have a good head on my shoulders now, I will be back into the game.

Is the pain getting any better? Think I have the same issue. Doctor pushed on my rib a little...said it's got some swelling around it and prescribed Ibuprofen 3x daily at 800MG. Also said to ice it down every other hour for 15 minutes.
Was told to take 3-4 days off from training , but then I need to start using that muscle, lightly. Also, stretch the muscle before going to bed..stretch and hold for 15 seconds....3-4 times. He said 5-7 days before it starts to feel better and 3-4 weeks for a complete heal.
Damn, it had to happen during a cycle, too. I can't even belt up for squats etc ...too much pain near that rib.
Pulled mine while leg pressing.

Last edited:
I thought I had done this and it was early warning sign of a liver haematoma I lost4L of blood and nearoy diet. Get a CT scan on your liver asap!

Any bloating or swelling of the stomach then its defo liver rupture. I do hope it isn't though for your sake.

Did you have any other symptoms ?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner