over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulled Lower Back

musclemoose

Banned
What do you guys do when you pull out your lower back? Just happened to me for first time yesterday. I went to sit up from getting off the toilet and all of sudden my back kinked up and my head started spinning. Now feels like knife is stuck back there. So do you guys go to chiropractor, physical therapist or wait to see if it gets better on its own? I feel like im crippled.

I've dealt with many Back Issues overt the years.
Some Serious, and some just a Serious Pain in the Ass.

Solution:
Know the Difference !
So get an X-ray to make sure it's just a Muscle Strain, and Not something more Serious.
Then you have the Option of a Chiropractor, or a Physical Therapist................ JP

X-rays wont show if it is a soft tissue injury. And chiropractors will want to adjust you whether it is skeletal or muscular issue and it will help or not. It is a hard call to know what to do as experience is the better teacher I have found. As it didn't happen while under a real load I would bet shear force while standing caused a disc to move which sent a muscle into seizure. I have caused more issues while twisting and picking up my shoes then while doing heavy dead lifts.

X-rays wont show if it is a soft tissue injury. And chiropractors will want to adjust you whether it is skeletal or muscular issue and it will help or not. It is a hard call to know what to do as experience is the better teacher I have found. As it didn't happen while under a real load I would bet shear force while standing caused a disc to move which sent a muscle into seizure. I have caused more issues while twisting and picking up my shoes then while doing heavy dead lifts.

Never had an injury in my life. Just some inflammation in my shoulder once from over training. But never a pull or strain. Now im scared when taking a shit to get up from the damn toilet.

Give it some time.

Yeah im going to wait a week or two to see how it feels then. Went to gym today to do some cardio and pullups and back felt fine. Its when i wake up that its a bitch to get out of bed and the pain tears up my eyes. But once im moving around i feel fine. Its sitting or laying down for too long that is causing issues when i get up.

No, a simple X-ray won't show Soft Tissue Damage, you'll need an MRI, possibly with Contrast to figure that out.

But his Description sounds more like a Nerve Involvement, then a Strain.
Feeling like a Knife is Stuck in your Back and your Head Spinning, are signs of Nerve Involvement, not a Simple Back Strain.......................... JP
P.S.
Without a Diagnosis, any Manipulation of the Area, could make matters worse, so I'd wait on the Chiropractor or Physical Therapist.

Last edited:
Yeah im going to wait a week or two to see how it feels then. Went to gym today to do some cardio and pullups and back felt fine. Its when i wake up that its a bitch to get out of bed and the pain tears up my eyes. But once im moving around i feel fine. Its sitting or laying down for too long that is causing issues when i get up.

Moving around/walking is very good for that type of injury versus laying on the couch or sitting from personal experience.

If it’s mild/minor injury. It should clear up on its own within a week or two max.

Moving around/walking is very good for that type of injury versus laying on the couch or sitting from personal experience.

If it’s mild/minor injury. It should clear up on its own within a week or two max.

Yeah i definitely notice that. Felt great doing some cardio and pullups at gym. But once i sat in my car and sat in my office back started throbbing. Its the sitting that kills me. Have to keep moving

Give it some time.
:yeahthat:
Ibuprofen (600-800mg)
heat (heating pad)
rest (take a few days off from the gym)

Make sure to come back slowly.
Then try to narrow down why it happened in the first place.
Abdominals/lumbar strength discrepancy...one region overpower the other?
Too heavy the day prior? Too much volume? Singles? Stay away from PR's unless your a PL prepping for a meet.

:yeahthat:
Ibuprofen (600-800mg)
heat (heating pad)
rest (take a few days off from the gym)

Make sure to come back slowly.
Then try to narrow down why it happened in the first place.
Abdominals/lumbar strength discrepancy...one region overpower the other?
Too heavy the day prior? Too much volume? Singles? Stay away from PR's unless your a PL prepping for a meet.

It happened the day after leg day first thing in morning after dropping a deuce. i do legs twice a week and i think ive been over training them. Think the twice a week workloads put too much strain on my lower back.

It happened the day after leg day first thing in morning after dropping a deuce. i do legs twice a week and i think ive been over training them. Think the twice a week workloads put too much strain on my lower back.

You'll recover. Good nutrition + a few good nights sleep and you'll be back in full musclemoose mode. Lesson to be learned here is how to lift "smarter" in the future to avoid a chronic injury. In strength sports there's a fine balance between keeping the ego in check and longevity.

I had a lower back problem once. It was from arching my back doing snatches, cleans, front squats and back squats. The arch was pushing the disc forward and it hurt like hell. I went to the chiro, took xrays and he recommended going to him 3 times a week for a month and hang from his inversion table. I told him I'd rather buy one, he agreed and I've been using it after squats ever since. it didn't take long to align everything and its now 17 years old.

Stu McGill is an expert on the back, and he recommends his "big-3" exercises. I think the third one is an ab exercise, but I do his "bird dogs" and "cat/camel" exercises, and it has done a great job at keeping back problems in check (after a couple of nasty episodes!).

From a spine health point of view, you want your core to be stronger and have more endurance than any part of your body. If you did legs and your core exhausts after your legs...that is when you spine absorbs the most forces because the spines protection is exhausted.

I would use Ibuprofen 800mg 3x/day for a week. Use ice 20 minutes on/off repeatedly. Heat can inflame an acute injury. Do light activity such as walking.

If you feel better slowly get back to working out. If you do not go see a doctor for a prednisone taper and physical therapy.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws