advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulled out from North American Cup 4 weeks out. Thoughts?

Wayacrucis

Registered
Hey all. So I started working with a very well known coach at 12 weeks out. I can’t help
But feel my coach sabotaged my prep. Though I’d like some thoughts from those if you that compete.

To begin, I am a naturally leaner individual. I get lean easy and don’t put on fat easy. I respond very poorly to a low carb diet. I run my own business and simply can’t afford to feel like garbage for a lengthy period of time.

The pics attached are from 6 weeks out, where my carb intake was 280g/day, cardio at 30 mins/day and we were not using any fat burners. No clen, no t3, nothing.

Stack was 750mg Test E/week, 50mg tren a eod, 50mg mast p eod, 50mg var ed, 12.5mg aromasin ed, 4IU GH/day

Now at 6 weeks out (where my condition was what the pics show) coach dropped carbs to 150g/day and upped cardio to 45 mins. A few days in, I just couldn’t function. I would sit in my office and it would take my 30 mins to respond to a simple email.

ultimately I pulled out of the show as the stress from My business was adding up and the fact that I could barely function was making things worse day after day. Explained this to coach and he was basically like “man up.”

Now that I am looking at some competitors that are a few weeks out, I feel as if my condition at 6 weeks out was superior to
Most of these guys at 2 weeks out?

I essentially feel if I kept my diet the same at 280g carbs per day, upped cardio slightly, threw in Winstrol and perhaps a modest dose of Clen I’d be in great shape?

Perhaps I am wrong.

Attachments

• EAA83082-6D79-4E95-8E37-082AF9D2BE80.jpeg
    EAA83082-6D79-4E95-8E37-082AF9D2BE80.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 324
  • E5FF1873-9AF2-43A9-92C9-B76F2F9385DD.jpeg
    E5FF1873-9AF2-43A9-92C9-B76F2F9385DD.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 325
  • F9027D6F-934C-4252-B865-30F4AFC645DD.jpeg
    F9027D6F-934C-4252-B865-30F4AFC645DD.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 4958E4B2-EF42-4006-9E6E-270D3B04071D.jpeg
    4958E4B2-EF42-4006-9E6E-270D3B04071D.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 310
If you truly felt that way, why didn't you finish the prep doing it your way and see what happened?

If you truly felt that way, why didn't you finish the prep doing it your way and see what happened?

I was just at a point of complete burn out.

When my carb intake gets too low, my sleep begins to suffer. When sleep suffers, recovery suffers, cognitive function suffers, and everything gets worse. I was doing my best to fight through it for a few days, and was falling behind drastically workwise. Each day the work was piling up more so than the next day, and I was becoming less and less efficient.

So when I did decide to stop, I had a week of busting my ass to just get my business back to where it needed be. I wasn't in a good position mentally at all. Last I competed was at Nationals 3 years ago, but I've never stepped on stage not in shape.

I understand the hardcore mindset of wanting to get your client inside out shredded, though unfortunately some of us cannot devote our entire life to bodybuilding. I am not new to competing - feeling low energy and tired the last few weeks is normal. But If I cannot get through simple day to day tasks at 5-6 weeks out, while my condition is in a good place to start with, with pretty modest drug dose, I don't see what's the point of pushing your athlete to the extreme, especially when the athlete is clear about his circumstance from get the go.

You werent going to make it anyways! If you couldn't function at work on 150 grams of carbs 6 weeks out with the amount of bodyfat you still had, you just weren't made out for this sport. You don't hold a fuck ton of muscle so you need to be fucking peeled to stand out and win a good lineup. If you would have continued and gotten inside out peeled you MOST DEFINITELY would not have been able to function at work. Being peeled is way more painful and miserable than 150 grams of carbs daily and some fucking cardio.
PICK ANOTHER SPORT!

Business > Bodybuilding

Bodybuilding doesn't pay your bills, focus on the thing that does. Compete for fun if you really want, if that means you aren't diced, but functional, then those are your cards. Using clen or other drugs will help, but proper conditioning is just not a pleasant journey for most.

For most people to get nasty conditioned (like bboy said), you basically have to surrender a level of energy. John Meadows said for his arnold classic condition (which was absolutely retarded), it was basically sugar free ketchup, egg whites, and too tired to go to the bathroom levels of energy.

You werent going to make it anyways! If you couldn't function at work on 150 grams of carbs 6 weeks out with the amount of bodyfat you still had, you just weren't made out for this sport. You don't hold a fuck ton of muscle so you need to be fucking peeled to stand out and win a good lineup. If you would have continued and gotten inside out peeled you MOST DEFINITELY would not have been able to function at work. Being peeled is way more painful and miserable than 150 grams of carbs daily and some fucking cardio.
PICK ANOTHER SPORT!

B-boy - I am not an open class bber. I am classic, at 6’0 with a weight cut off at 212lbs. Sitting at 223lbs in those pics.

I’d hardly call myself small for my division. I’ve competed at Jr USA and Nationals, and placed 3rd and 5th respectively.

I am not sure what level of condition you’re looking at, but I am generally one of the better conditioned individuals at shows of that caliber.

Anyhow, thanks for the input to those that responded.

B-boy - I am not an open class bber. I am classic, at 6’0 with a weight cut off at 212lbs. Sitting at 223lbs in those pics.

Did you use this coach for the other shows? If not then why did you change, if you did then why didn't you trust the process?

20200823_015816.jpg

Your GOLD standard

Is it too late now to get back on track? If not, do it your way, add burners and perhaps other drugs you are comfortable doing, increase cardio slightly like you said.

BTW, anyone here try ketones for energy on diets? I have seen some claims of increased mental energy.

If I would be you I would cut out carbs 40 per week and add 10 minutes cardio week as well. Ultimately I would stay at 200g carbs week added clen last 4 and winstrol and if needed add another session of cardio in the evening.

You are in great shape and I do not understand the huge changes that your coach made when you looked like this in the picture - such big changes and cuts were not completely necessary in my opinion

I completely agree. Just do your own thing man, you don't need this coach and you looked great imo, very nice physique.

I'd say continue on your own if that is still a possibility.

I run my own business and simply can’t afford to feel like garbage for a lengthy period of time.
Then you will not succeed in this sport. Getting peeled is way worse than feeling like garbage. You will feel like death. There is no way around it.

Im kinda with everyone else in saying that if 150g of carbs a day and 45 mins of cardio is TOO MUCH, then competing isn't for you (or at least future competitions).

Im also not understanding why you couldn't simply have a conversation. EVERY TIME a coach has made a change, i ask questions and expect answers. If he's a good coach, he will have rationale for you....he cut your cardio AND carbs and you said NOTHING...then pulled out? LIke whaaat? Maybe the guy had a plan....maybe he didn't.. who knows.

Did you use this coach for the other shows? If not then why did you change, if you did then why didn't you trust the process?
Bump ^^^^^

This is the most important question

I appreciate all in the input guys.

To answer the question regarding my coach, I always worked with Matt Porter in the past. He was a great friend and a coach. Unfortunately as I am sure most of you know, Matt passed away about a year ago.

It's disrespectful for me to name the Coach that I used for this show, but it isn't anyone that posts on here and it's someone that would considered a higher caliber coach compared to Matt. By higher caliber, I simply means he's had more competitors on the Olympia stage and has been around much longer.

-------

Just to add, It's not that say doing 45 mins of cardio itself or the low carbs is difficult for me. The point I mean to get across is that everything is relative. I may be able to get show ready on 200g of carbs/day, with 30 mins of cardio and feel like crap, while the next guy may be on 100g of carbs, with 60 mins of cardio, feel much better than I but still not be as conditioned. Ultimately I believe everyone's body goes through fuel, be it carbs or fats at a different rate, and my only concern was similar to what @luki7788 stated. That is: I don't think my condition in the above pics needed hell of a lot more to be stage ready. So why make such a dramatic drop in carbs, with the addition of cardio concurrently, while we still had multiple cards to play at our disposal.

To answer the question regarding my coach, I always worked with Matt Porter in the past. He was a great friend and a coach. Unfortunately as I am sure most of you know, Matt passed away about a year ago.

It's disrespectful for me to name the Coach that I used for this show, but it isn't anyone that posts on here and it's someone that would considered a higher caliber coach compared to Matt. By higher caliber, I simply means he's had more competitors on the Olympia stage and has been around much longer.

-------

Just to add, It's not that say doing 45 mins of cardio itself or the low carbs is difficult for me. The point I mean to get across is that everything is relative. I may be able to get show ready on 200g of carbs/day, with 30 mins of cardio and feel like crap, while the next guy may be on 100g of carbs, with 60 mins of cardio, feel much better than I but still not be as conditioned. Ultimately I believe everyone's body goes through fuel, be it carbs or fats at a different rate, and my only concern was similar to what @luki7788 stated. That is: I don't think my condition in the above pics needed hell of a lot more to be stage ready. So why make such a dramatic drop in carbs, with the addition of cardio concurrently, while we still had multiple cards to play at our disposal.
Good points ^^^ but also realize that carbs can ALWAYS be put back in to fill out when needed, kinda like carb cycling, and cardio can also ALWAYS be reduced or dropped. My point is STICK WITH THE PLAN and ride it out, if things don't turn out how you like then hire a different coach next time or if things turn out fucking great you would be happy that you TRUSTED THE PROCESS.

You still haven’t said why you didn’t have a conversation with your coach. You still haven’t answered the question. I get it if you were questioning him and he basically just said, “because” with no reason explanation. But it sounds like he made changes, you got overwhelmed and then pulled out. End. Are we missing some piece of info??

-------

I have surrendered to the fact that I function best mentally at work when I have carbs in my system.

I agree with others, prioritize what it most important in life. Nothing wrong with doing your show your way and having fun rather than any other way.

Hey all. So I started working with a very well known coach at 12 weeks out. I can’t help
But feel my coach sabotaged my prep. Though I’d like some thoughts from those if you that compete.

To begin, I am a naturally leaner individual. I get lean easy and don’t put on fat easy. I respond very poorly to a low carb diet. I run my own business and simply can’t afford to feel like garbage for a lengthy period of time.

The pics attached are from 6 weeks out, where my carb intake was 280g/day, cardio at 30 mins/day and we were not using any fat burners. No clen, no t3, nothing.

Stack was 750mg Test E/week, 50mg tren a eod, 50mg mast p eod, 50mg var ed, 12.5mg aromasin ed, 4IU GH/day

Now at 6 weeks out (where my condition was what the pics show) coach dropped carbs to 150g/day and upped cardio to 45 mins. A few days in, I just couldn’t function. I would sit in my office and it would take my 30 mins to respond to a simple email.

ultimately I pulled out of the show as the stress from My business was adding up and the fact that I could barely function was making things worse day after day. Explained this to coach and he was basically like “man up.”

Now that I am looking at some competitors that are a few weeks out, I feel as if my condition at 6 weeks out was superior to
Most of these guys at 2 weeks out?

I essentially feel if I kept my diet the same at 280g carbs per day, upped cardio slightly, threw in Winstrol and perhaps a modest dose of Clen I’d be in great shape?

Perhaps I am wrong.
150 g with training and 45 min cardio ? with that much cardio you need more carbs and protein. You look very good, don`t stop you are on target.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws