YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulled out from North American Cup 4 weeks out. Thoughts?

Anyone seen Shelby mention some chick dieting for shows on 600 grams of carbs and hardly any cardio and she already has ripped glutes on these carbs. Someone please explain to me how that is possible! Lol

I've seen it on IG, would take some time to find the posts.

Anyone seen Shelby mention some chick dieting for shows on 600 grams of carbs and hardly any cardio and she already has ripped glutes on these carbs. Someone please explain to me how that is possible! Lol

I've seen it on IG, would take some time to find the posts.
I believe your referring to Jil. She has worked with Shelby for a few years now, she has an insane metabolism, plus Shelby im sure has built up her calorie ceiling over the last several offseasons.

I knew and was a MOD with Heather Lee in the early 2000's when she and Elena Seiple and everybody were competing. She was able to eat like the girl above too and have veins going through her everywhere. She ate more than a lot of men I know, and was half their size, lol.

I was just at a point of complete burn out.

When my carb intake gets too low, my sleep begins to suffer. When sleep suffers, recovery suffers, cognitive function suffers, and everything gets worse. I was doing my best to fight through it for a few days, and was falling behind drastically workwise. Each day the work was piling up more so than the next day, and I was becoming less and less efficient.

So when I did decide to stop, I had a week of busting my ass to just get my business back to where it needed be. I wasn't in a good position mentally at all. Last I competed was at Nationals 3 years ago, but I've never stepped on stage not in shape.

I understand the hardcore mindset of wanting to get your client inside out shredded, though unfortunately some of us cannot devote our entire life to bodybuilding. I am not new to competing - feeling low energy and tired the last few weeks is normal. But If I cannot get through simple day to day tasks at 5-6 weeks out, while my condition is in a good place to start with, with pretty modest drug dose, I don't see what's the point of pushing your athlete to the extreme, especially when the athlete is clear about his circumstance from get the go.

You're complaining about 150g of carbs a day and 45 min cardio? Not to sound like a dick but maybe you just aren't cut out for competing.

Question about the cardio towards end of prep;

It says average 45 minutes but some days zero cardio and other days 2 hours...

What is the determining factor on that wide difference? Is it an energy thing, where 1 or 2 days just have zero energy and then do 2 hours the 3rd day to make up for it? Or something else?

I didn't think it was heroic, just what I had to do when in 2018 I dieted on as near zero carbs Monday through Saturday for months.
Anything more than 100 a day and it's hard for me to get really lean.
When I started prep I advised my management that I might be a bit loopy and out of it at the office. Fortunately everyone was supported, because I did have my zombie moments.

If your body needs to be thrashed to respond, then that's what you have to do. Honestly I think it was a good experience, testing my ability to handle such extreme adversity.

All that said, I hung up the trunks permanently last year when I turned 50, in part due to respect for my own age, and in part due to I knew I could not go through such preps and perform 100% at work anymore. At some point you have to choose your future path, and it may not permit you to do everything at once.

I didn't think it was heroic, just what I had to do when in 2018 I dieted on as near zero carbs Monday through Saturday for months.
Anything more than 100 a day and it's hard for me to get really lean.
When I started prep I advised my management that I might be a bit loopy and out of it at the office. Fortunately everyone was supported, because I did have my zombie moments.

If your body needs to be thrashed to respond, then that's what you have to do. Honestly I think it was a good experience, testing my ability to handle such extreme adversity.

All that said, I hung up the trunks permanently last year when I turned 50, in part due to respect for my own age, and in part due to I knew I could not go through such preps and perform 100% at work anymore. At some point you have to choose your future path, and it may not permit you to do everything at once.

It may sound kinda corny, but I think it's often a good experience to put your body through those trials, occasionally. For instance, I think everyone should try, at least once, to get as lean as they possibly can before they throw in the towel. My lowest adult weight was 147lbs, and I'm really not sure how lean I was, but my body just hated me lol. And nothing uhh... Worked. But I think pushing your body to its limits can make even every day life go by a little easier. "Hey, shit really isn't that bad" Living a little like a monk can reset you physically and mentally.

It's better than being so fragile that you have a mental breakdown if you're not in front of your phone for thirty minutes....

Question about the cardio towards end of prep;

It says average 45 minutes but some days zero cardio and other days 2 hours...

What is the determining factor on that wide difference? Is it an energy thing, where 1 or 2 days just have zero energy and then do 2 hours the 3rd day to make up for it? Or something else?
I'm not shelby but I'm sure a lot factored into that like training that day or calories for that day probably determined how much cardio was performed on that day. Like maybe leg day was zero cardio and made up for on a day training smaller body parts? Also if doing check ins daily maybe her look also determined the amount of cardio performed.

Only Shelby can truly answer this question

Hawkmoon and USMuscle are dead on. And i completely agree that i think everyone should get LEAN LEAN at least once in their life, just to feel it and understand what it takes. GUARANTEE you'll be excited on how great you look and will be exhausted, but motivated.

Ask any competitor, EVERY prep is different. I've dieted and had to do 2hrs of cardio and other times only had to do 45mins EOD. And guess what, no matter how much you're doing, those last 3-4 weeks fuckin suck and you're out of it. Getting off of the couch is exhausting, dealing with your partner and random tasks at work is exhausting, allll of it. There have been times I've told my work, there have been times I've kept quiet and haven't said a thing lol.
Either way, i think everyone kind of enjoys the mental and physical challenge of it.

You didn't need more cardio nor to drop carbs drastically, and those pictures are four weeks out?

Best thing you could have done was communicated with your coach ask them why they're doing that, you were after all paying him, her money

Ahh six weeks out

I didn't know your coaches plan, again best you talked with him and have him explain why

Hey all. So I started working with a very well known coach at 12 weeks out. I can’t help
But feel my coach sabotaged my prep. Though I’d like some thoughts from those if you that compete.

To begin, I am a naturally leaner individual. I get lean easy and don’t put on fat easy. I respond very poorly to a low carb diet. I run my own business and simply can’t afford to feel like garbage for a lengthy period of time.

The pics attached are from 6 weeks out, where my carb intake was 280g/day, cardio at 30 mins/day and we were not using any fat burners. No clen, no t3, nothing.

Stack was 750mg Test E/week, 50mg tren a eod, 50mg mast p eod, 50mg var ed, 12.5mg aromasin ed, 4IU GH/day

Now at 6 weeks out (where my condition was what the pics show) coach dropped carbs to 150g/day and upped cardio to 45 mins. A few days in, I just couldn’t function. I would sit in my office and it would take my 30 mins to respond to a simple email.

ultimately I pulled out of the show as the stress from My business was adding up and the fact that I could barely function was making things worse day after day. Explained this to coach and he was basically like “man up.”

Now that I am looking at some competitors that are a few weeks out, I feel as if my condition at 6 weeks out was superior to
Most of these guys at 2 weeks out?

I essentially feel if I kept my diet the same at 280g carbs per day, upped cardio slightly, threw in Winstrol and perhaps a modest dose of Clen I’d be in great shape?

Perhaps I am wrong.
sounds like you had a good plan, but the communication wasnt what it should be
manning up is ridiculous advice
there was a way for you to make it- there was work to do, suffering to experience, but you could have made it
details arent always clear from one side of the equation, but you only had one side- yours- and you are the boss of your prep.

you can pm me if you need anything more specific

You're complaining about 150g of carbs a day and 45 min cardio? Not to sound like a dick but maybe you just aren't cut out for competing.
Yes, he should complain.

Yes, he should complain.

There has to be more to this as the question about why OP did not communicate with said coach are not being answered. I mean there had to be more than: "I'm done."-Op
"Ok, take care." -coach

Just name the coach nobody cares...I would assume Vu with that type of reduction. I find it funny anyone thinks a coach cares about randoms talking about them on a forum.

You looked on track. But if you're bitching about that...

saying someone should complain on 150 carbs is fucking ridiculous
fucking ridiculous

routinely - people go to 0. right 0.

150 complain?
GTFOH. out of touch again

had some people prepping for NA on 150 carbs since 6/1. thats right- 6/1/20
cardio 60 min + per day -
complaints -sure
ready- DAMN SURE

SERIOUSLY OP- you need real world advice for you and exactly you- whats right for you- your energy levels- your lifestyle- your cardio. this is sad everyone saying what you should and shouldnt do, when thye have no idea wherde you started, what you were doing, what changes were made month to month

a few details and you get all this shit- makes people not want to post around here. bbcom or high school around here. booooo

I have to drop to around 50-75g daily for weeks to get sub 9% and I’ve never broke 8.5%. (Not a competitor).

I’m pretty sure I’d have to go to 50g or less daily and cardio daily to get stage ready

saying someone should complain on 150 carbs is fucking ridiculous
fucking ridiculous

routinely - people go to 0. right 0.

150 complain?
GTFOH. out of touch again

had some people prepping for NA on 150 carbs since 6/1. thats right- 6/1/20
cardio 60 min + per day -
complaints -sure
ready- DAMN SURE

SERIOUSLY OP- you need real world advice for you and exactly you- whats right for you- your energy levels- your lifestyle- your cardio. this is sad everyone saying what you should and shouldnt do, when thye have no idea wherde you started, what you were doing, what changes were made month to month

a few details and you get all this shit- makes people not want to post around here. bbcom or high school around here. booooo
Some people increasing carbs when they star doing extra cardio. My self would never go below 200g, not even now when I am not competing but still training hard. I always increased my carbs and cardio 3 to 4 weeks before shows, you could never see me in bed mood, always happy. 0 carbs for me is a no no.

Some people increasing carbs when they star doing extra cardio. My self would never go below 200g, not even now when I am not competing but still training hard. I always increased my carbs and cardio 3 to 4 weeks before shows, you could never see me in bed mood, always happy. 0 carbs for me is a no no.
But that's you. Not everyone is the same.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws