over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pulling a pickup truck for cardio

NoVaDriver

Registered
So I really fucking hate cardio. Sure, I do it, it's a necessary evil in bodybuilding.

But have y'all ever done pulling cars/trucks regularly for cardio? I'm just interested in what routines/methods/practices you guys may have done or have heard of. I got a RAM 1500 and I was thinking, hell, this is Texas. Why not make cardio manly?

I pull a sled w weight on it or push a prowler or a tire sled i made w weights in it, i cant pull a vehicle id die

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Used to do it for football all the time. It's very taxing so I dont know if I would call it cardio.. The guys over at westside barbell consider truck pushing, sled dragging, tire flipping GPP(general physical preparedness) it can be beneficial but it is taxing so be careful not to overdo it.

Used to do it for football all the time. It's very taxing so I dont know if I would call it cardio.. The guys over at westside barbell consider truck pushing, sled dragging, tire flipping GPP(general physical preparedness) it can be beneficial but it is taxing so be careful not to overdo it.

Exactly... Good luck getting a good cardio workout doing this. You will be blown after a hundred yards of hard pulling... That shit is hard bro specially if that ram is a Diesel! It's great for functional power but I wouldn't attempt to make it a everyday cardio thing.

i use to luvvvv this stuff...cardio? bro that is a training session! u can do some fun workouts like that, idk if great for BBing, but use to do these for combat sports...

if you can go to the junk yard or tire recycling place u can pickup used tires for almost notta as well(plus u got truck to transport :) )... if get a few small ones, a medium one like 100 or so lbs, and like 1 big big big one(u may pay a lil for that 1)...

push the truck

pull the truck

take a few of the smaller spare tires ,and double hand throw it from between ur legs over the top of your head like keg toss (if you got someone that will do this, u can stand about 50ft apart on a street and just toss them to each other back n forth...

take a medium size tire and punch a hole in the tread... take relatively heavy duty rope or similar and thread it thru the hole and knot it on inside the tire so it won't pop out... make a loop at the other end of the rope that u can put around your waist or hold w your hands... cheap sled alternative... u can tie it around waist and do sprints forward or backwards... you can side step w it as well... if you want to DIE, go find a bridge or hill and run it...

take big boy tire and do tire flips... or buy a sledgehammer and i like to do tabata type training on it...

i hateee cardio, and i would only do stuff like this or bag work/sparring if i was gonna do it..

Last edited:
I like to do backward sled drags for quads on leg days and bend over real far and push a prowler and youll destroy your hams and glutes

I use the Elite FTS weight sled with a full body harness... that is a BEAST for cardio... id assume pushing the car is similar.

your heart will be ready to explode, more than any treadmill workout

my training partner and i use to push around my F250 ... it was pretty hard after a bunch of squats ... i can't say it was cardio in terms of steady state stuff its better for like intervals ... pushing a 1/2 ton around will definitely show you your weak points ... my hammies were sore.

One of my friends put together a "strongman harness" while I was in college. He and I would hit a parking lot with a slight incline on the weekends and pull my Honda for 4-5 pulls each and try to beat each other's times. We would always attract a crowd.

I remember that I became much stronger in all forms of leg work during that period, including squats. I also observed noticeable improvement to my conditioning as well.

Yes. I have a towing business and do all the towing myself.

when i played football our d line coach used to make us drag his hummer around the parking lot

I've been pushing my card, I've done trucks before as well. It's great, it's right up their with sled pulls, prowler sprints etc. It is very taxing so don't go crazy with it, I normally set a timer for 20 minutes and push till failure, walk till recovery and repeat.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws