over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pumped prisoners

my question.....we all know that in order to build muscle you need progression in weights (example if i bench 250 x 10 now, and i do in 6 months, i probably didnt get bigger). so if they are only doing BW exercises, how do they progress and actually gain muscle?

Umm.. we all know this?! Haha.. dude that is BS man. I havent payed any attention to the weight I use since HS and I'm gained over 50lbs of muscle since then. Going from 250x8 to 250x10 increases... is an increase in strength, not size! My gym is maily a powerlifting gym, there are many World and National record holders there. They progress greatly in their lifts, and they lift BIG numbers. But even though I'm only 1/3 as strong as them, I'm MUCH larger, leaner, and more symmetrical than all of them.
And no one said they dont have any weights. Most places only have a certain amount tho. That is when they have to strap dumbells to the barbells and such.

my question.....we all know that in order to build muscle you need progression in weights (example if i bench 250 x 10 now, and i do in 6 months, i probably didnt get bigger). so if they are only doing BW exercises, how do they progress and actually gain muscle?

As an example on Bench or push ups since there are no longer free weights in most state prisons, Push ups would be done with a partner applying weight to ones upper back or even having a few guys sitting on each side of the upper back :)

You would be surprised at how many things can be done with a towel and someone applying tension to one side of it also..curls etc

As for food, always land a job in the kitchen or have some $$ sent in to keep a full canteen.

Not that I will admit this to anyone that I meet face to face, I have been in prison. For some reason, they like to ship some prisoners around occasionally and I got to see the inside of many. I saw many guys come in who were basically homeless and strung out on drugs. Some of these men had more muscle than I do after three years of lifting. Some of you may think that all we did was sit on our asses. Slavery is alive and well. Go to one of the prisons that I was at and you will see.In these harsh conditions , I saw men gain muscle easily and I worked my ass off for a five pound gain that year. Most of the men, with whom I came in contact, could not spell steroid. And since you saw three to five people jerking off daily, the chances of someone finding a place to shoot is stupid. And like I already saw mentioned, 98% of them just want to spend resources getting high. I've seen pictures of peoples family and the sister would be some unemployed ghetto girl with pumped looking arms and no, she didn't work out. Point blank, it's genetics.

Haha.. AAS are not very popular in Prison, if any at all. 3/4 of the inmates are rec drug addicts, and that is what they want to use and more importantly, sell. It's hard enough as it is for a regular person outside prison to obtain gear, let alone then smuggle it into prison. If prisoners are going to take that risk, it going to be with something that gets them HIGH. Plus, a bag of dope could be gone within a day or two. You gotta hide your 12 week cycle.. for 12 weeks! Plus anything stacked with it, pct pills, pins.

That's what I was thinking, bro...

These guys have all day to work out in their cells plus tons of recovery time...combine that with decent genetics and commissary protein...you have a recipe for mass.

just thought of something....how do inmates build up muscle tissue without a steady supply of quality protein ????

Not trying to be picky but inmates are the ones in orange jump suits awaiting trials etc in county jails...convicts are the gents doing time in prisons ;)

prison muscle

up too late watching LOCKDOWN made me pose this question....after seeing this one cat that looked like your average homeless white guy with graying long hair but from the chin down he was swole and ripped !!! he got popped for having prison booze in his cell and when the guard tossed his cell I swear I saw a jug of protein powder on his shelf......

When you guys say they have more time to recover then we do, what do you mean?

Do you mean sleep? Say I get 9-10 hours a night, are they getting 12+?

Or do you mean that they sit around all day on their ass (when they arent working out), doing nothing and jerking off? And we have to go to work? Because I would think that if you have a job that doesnt require lifting or anything that would interefere with recovery, and your getting proper sleep, you have the same recovery time as them.

Not trying to start an argument, i have never been inside a prison and hope I never am. Just trying to understand how they gain mass without proper nutrition and equipment. I dont really understand how they have more time to recover unless you guys mean they sleep half the day, or that a normal non-physical job would cut into our recovery on the outside.

up too late watching LOCKDOWN made me pose this question....after seeing this one cat that looked like your average homeless white guy with graying long hair but from the chin down he was swole and ripped !!! he got popped for having prison booze in his cell and when the guard tossed his cell I swear I saw a jug of protein powder on his shelf......

From my understanding, in some prisons, protein powder is offered in the prison commissary. I can't imagine how much they would charge...the average markup is 400%.

When you guys say they have more time to recover then we do, what do you mean?

Do you mean sleep? Say I get 9-10 hours a night, are they getting 12+?

Or do you mean that they sit around all day on their ass (when they arent working out), doing nothing and jerking off? And we have to go to work? Because I would think that if you have a job that doesnt require lifting or anything that would interefere with recovery, and your getting proper sleep, you have the same recovery time as them.

Not trying to start an argument, i have never been inside a prison and hope I never am. Just trying to understand how they gain mass without proper nutrition and equipment. I dont really understand how they have more time to recover unless you guys mean they sleep half the day, or that a normal non-physical job would cut into our recovery on the outside.

The amount of sleep was actually exactly what I was referring to. These guys can get anywhere from 12-18 hours of sleep a day, depending on the prison...wake up, eat, workout, sleep....repeat...

Gotcha. Wish I would get 12-18, im lucky to get 8-9.

First of all the only ones that are getting anything anally are the ones that enjoyed that on the outside. My state took out all equipment years ago. Their reasoning was they were making bigger stonger convicts and when released back into society they would pose a larger threat. As for buying or having protein powder shipped or smuggled in to you....nope. Where you gonna hide a two lb tub. As far as getting enough protein, fairly easy if you had money on your books or could hustle. In my state you dont sit around, everyone able works 8-12 hours a day. The only ones who dont have been given a medical class that precludes this. What we used to workout with was anything that didnt move....which is most everthing because its all bolted down. One of the best tools was actually a towel, if you had a partner to workout with. As far as bros getting swole in prison...most in my state are in for meth, this means most are so malnourished that they put 20#s on in the first month. Oh and you can get anything you want, but I never heard of anyone requesting aas.

You can get anything you want in jail if you have the money and the connections, this is fact. jails with no weight rooms still have some big MFers. Guys take garbage bags filled with water and tie them to mop handles and workout. This is only one of many tricks they do to get bigger. If you've never been there, u really have no clue. Crack heads go in weighing 150 and come out 3 yrs later over 200 lbs

Not that I will admit this to anyone that I meet face to face, I have been in prison. For some reason, they like to ship some prisoners around occasionally and I got to see the inside of many. I saw many guys come in who were basically homeless and strung out on drugs. Some of these men had more muscle than I do after three years of lifting. Some of you may think that all we did was sit on our asses. Slavery is alive and well. Go to one of the prisons that I was at and you will see.In these harsh conditions , I saw men gain muscle easily and I worked my ass off for a five pound gain that year. Most of the men, with whom I came in contact, could not spell steroid. And since you saw three to five people jerking off daily, the chances of someone finding a place to shoot is stupid. And like I already saw mentioned, 98% of them just want to spend resources getting high. I've seen pictures of peoples family and the sister would be some unemployed ghetto girl with pumped looking arms and no, she didn't work out. Point blank, it's genetics.

Thank you. I appreciate your honesty and informed answer.

-driven

Umm.. we all know this?! Haha.. dude that is BS man. I havent payed any attention to the weight I use since HS and I'm gained over 50lbs of muscle since then. Going from 250x8 to 250x10 increases... is an increase in strength, not size! My gym is maily a powerlifting gym, there are many World and National record holders there. They progress greatly in their lifts, and they lift BIG numbers. But even though I'm only 1/3 as strong as them, I'm MUCH larger, leaner, and more symmetrical than all of them.
And no one said they dont have any weights. Most places only have a certain amount tho. That is when they have to strap dumbells to the barbells and such.

I agree with this theory based on the guys I know in person who have gained tons of muscle by doing the same damn workout for the last 10 years.

However, what you say goes against 90% of professionalmuscle board members and trainers.

are they wrong?

Just curious of your opinion

thanks

I agree with this theory based on the guys I know in person who have gained tons of muscle by doing the same damn workout for the last 10 years.

However, what you say goes against 90% of professionalmuscle board members and trainers.

are they wrong?

Just curious of your opinion

thanks

I used to powerlift for a many years. I'd log all my lifts, and made damn sure all my lifts went up every week. With that being said, I made extreme progress in weight, and was twice as strong as I am now, but was 1/3 of the size I am now. IMO the only thing extreme heavy lifting did for me and everyone I know is add density. Like I said, there are many of guys totaling 2000lbs+ and they look like your average Joe! Some of them you cant even tell the've ever been in a gym before! I firmly believe that heavy weights and low reps do very little for actual hypertrophy.
But I don't want to get into that debate in THIS tread and get off topic.

Weightlifting in prison

I was told a long time ago they took away weight lifting privileges in prison because the inmates were getting too big, strong for the guards too handle ... I guess not ... I don't believe drugs get smuggled in because that shit gets weeded out . I have seen pictures of prison food , and it looks like garbage .

I used to powerlift for a many years. I'd log all my lifts, and made damn sure all my lifts went up every week. With that being said, I made extreme progress in weight, and was twice as strong as I am now, but was 1/3 of the size I am now. IMO the only thing extreme heavy lifting did for me and everyone I know is add density. Like I said, there are many of guys totaling 2000lbs+ and they look like your average Joe! Some of them you cant even tell the've ever been in a gym before! I firmly believe that heavy weights and low reps do very little for actual hypertrophy.
But I don't want to get into that debate in THIS tread and get off topic.

thanks for your info.. much appreciated

you can eat eggs, milk, tuna all day long if you wish.........even have protein sent in from the company of your choice.......dont believe the TV shows

a lot has changed they did away with all weights and now you cannot recieve any outside food. I did time so i know but to be perfectly honest corrections officers given the right amount$$$$ will bring in anything.

Ididnt mean to sound like a dick in my last post if it came across in such a manner please disregard. sorry phil.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131