• Start date
So, for reference, this is my hair after the following this morning:
1.) Wash with conditioner
2.) Dry with towel
3.) Put in a small amount of heat protectant and leave-in conditioner
4.) Blow dry going backwards and to the side, on medium heat
5.) Finishing blow drying with cool air
6.) Brushing into the style I'm attempting to have
7.) Taking a small buzzer and trimming off all of the many frizzy hairs sticking out
8.) Putting fibers in the front left (where the red arrow is)

All of that together gives me this....tolerable look. Texture of a broom lol. Perhaps the brazilian blowout / keratin treatment will help here.

Not as bad in pics but one of the bigger issues is the front left, it's quite thin and I have to push hair over it to cover it up or the fiber contrast is too obvious. If Vories agrees to a free revision, as he should, and that is fixed then this will be a little easier.

Attachments

• Hair 56 1-15-20 (fibers).jpg
    Hair 56 1-15-20 (fibers).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
Is that with fibers? Dude i think your hair looks really good man. The texture not much anyone can do about that. I had the same issue and eventually it just went away.

Is that with fibers? Dude i think your hair looks really good man. The texture not much anyone can do about that. I had the same issue and eventually it just went away.

Thanks. I'm not sure the pictures really do it justice with how frizzy it is. I have a lot of female employees and there's talk of my frizzy hair and they give me product suggestions lol. My assistant in residency was black and said I had to be mixed because of my hair (joking, but serious enough lol).

Here is a pic without fibers. As you can see the right side (picture left) is basically the same as I don't put fibers there, but left side (picture right) is really lacking. Fibers are a necessity at this point.

I just talked to Anubis about keratin treatment, as I just saw some pretty amazing video transformations. Unfortunately, he said he wouldn't recommend it as it's very stressful to the hair and I'll end up triggering a shed and losing more hair.

Attachments

• Hair 57 1-1-20 (no fibers).jpg
    Hair 57 1-1-20 (no fibers).jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 14
Looks great man. I wanted to look into but I think mine is too far gone. I'll end up shaving it off eventually

Just talked to Vories. He said I can schedule a touch up and that it should be 1-200 grafts. That seems low, but if he can make it look good with that number then great.

We briefly discussed bringing my hairline down slightly and how that probably isn't a great idea given I have a finite number of hairs and I'm only 28 and may need crown work done later. I'd obviously love to bring it down maybe 0.5cm or so but not a huge deal and I'd rather make sure the covered area is fuller.

Will try to schedule in the next month or two.

Thanks. I'm not sure the pictures really do it justice with how frizzy it is. I have a lot of female employees and there's talk of my frizzy hair and they give me product suggestions lol. My assistant in residency was black and said I had to be mixed because of my hair (joking, but serious enough lol).

Here is a pic without fibers. As you can see the right side (picture left) is basically the same as I don't put fibers there, but left side (picture right) is really lacking. Fibers are a necessity at this point.

I just talked to Anubis about keratin treatment, as I just saw some pretty amazing video transformations. Unfortunately, he said he wouldn't recommend it as it's very stressful to the hair and I'll end up triggering a shed and losing more hair.

I've been doing brazillian blowouts every 3-4 months for the last year. It tames the coarse texture of my hair, 100% worth it to me. I haven't had any issues with losing more hair due to this, as far as I can tell. The biggest difference between my hair and yours is the texture. When mine is straight with no product, it looks very similiar. I use multiple products to achieve more volume.

Post-shower (wet hair)
Aveda Thickening Spray
OGX Argan Oil Volume Mousse
By Vilain Sidekick Pre-styler
Comb straight back w/ regular comb
Blowdry / brush (look into By Vilain Skeleton brush) - this kind of brush is great for not causing much damage.
By Vilain Gold digger pomade
Light hold hairspray

All in that order. When I towel dry my hair I basically just slick it back with the towel and barely dry it.

I've been doing brazillian blowouts every 3-4 months for the last year. It tames the coarse texture of my hair, 100% worth it to me. I haven't had any issues with losing more hair due to this, as far as I can tell. The biggest difference between my hair and yours is the texture. When mine is straight with no product, it looks very similiar. I use multiple products to achieve more volume.

Post-shower (wet hair)
Aveda Thickening Spray
OGX Argan Oil Volume Mousse
By Vilain Sidekick Pre-styler
Comb straight back w/ regular comb
Blowdry / brush (look into By Vilain Skeleton brush) - this kind of brush is great for not causing much damage.
By Vilain Gold digger pomade
Light hold hairspray

All in that order. When I towel dry my hair I basically just slick it back with the towel and barely dry it.

Man that's a lot. I'd do it if it made it look like yours though. I might have misunderstood the first part of your post...how is your texture naturally? And is it straight naturally or wavy?

No concern over the formaldehyde / formaldehyde derivatives used for a blowout?

Man that's a lot. I'd do it if it made it look like yours though. I might have misunderstood the first part of your post...how is your texture naturally? And is it straight naturally or wavy?

No concern over the formaldehyde / formaldehyde derivatives used for a blowout?

It is not straight naturally, it's not curly either. It's just coarse and thin and dry (a lot like yours), and would look like a fucking birds nest if I just towel dried it and hit it with a blowdryer without putting product in it and getting quarterly blowouts to give it a straighter look.

Honestly with men they don't use nearly as much of the product as they do on women and I haven't noticed any negatives on my hair from using it. The only downside i would say is when it's completely straight it looks a little thinner, which is why i use volumizing products to give it a little more life.

It is not straight naturally, it's not curly either. It's just coarse and thin and dry (a lot like yours), and would look like a fucking birds nest if I just towel dried it and hit it with a blowdryer without putting product in it and getting quarterly blowouts to give it a straighter look.

Honestly with men they don't use nearly as much of the product as they do on women and I haven't noticed any negatives on my hair from using it. The only downside i would say is when it's completely straight it looks a little thinner, which is why i use volumizing products to give it a little more life.

Yea I would think it would look thinner when straighter, mine does too.

Before you did the blowout, did that protocol help or did it still look like mine? I have yet to find a product that even improves my situation. I blow dry it with no product, and any gel/matte/leave-in conditioner I try putting in it while it's still damp just seems to make the frizziness more noticeable.

Yea I would think it would look thinner when straighter, mine does too.

Before you did the blowout, did that protocol help or did it still look like mine? I have yet to find a product that even improves my situation. I blow dry it with no product, and any gel/matte/leave-in conditioner I try putting in it while it's still damp just seems to make the frizziness more noticeable.

It is helpful yes. a Prestyler spray has a light hold and also most of them have heat protection in the formula which is good for when you're about to put heat on it with a dryer. Brushing it in the direction you want it to go rather than just straight blowdrying it also helps to tame it and teach it where you want it to go. Then using a styling product (paste, etc) will keep it in place.

It is helpful yes. a Prestyler spray has a light hold and also most of them have heat protection in the formula which is good for when you're about to put heat on it with a dryer. Brushing it in the direction you want it to go rather than just straight blowdrying it also helps to tame it and teach it where you want it to go. Then using a styling product (paste, etc) will keep it in place.

bro you know a lot about styling. I still use the shampoo and conditioned you recommended in one of these threads a few years back. shit is pricey and i have to keep ordering off AMAzon. Matter of fact I even use the hair dryer you recommended a while back.

bro you know a lot about styling. I still use the shampoo and conditioned you recommended in one of these threads a few years back. shit is pricey and i have to keep ordering off AMAzon. Matter of fact I even use the hair dryer you recommended a while back.

glad to know i could actually be of help to someone! it's like everything else we talk about on the forum, trial and error. can't tell you how much money i wasted going through different products, routines, etc until i found things that worked for me.

glad to know i could actually be of help to someone! it's like everything else we talk about on the forum, trial and error. can't tell you how much money i wasted going through different products, routines, etc until i found things that worked for me.

you had good results after your transplant so I wanted to do what you did post op. Hence why I switch to the shampoo and conditioner and hair dryer.
I need to send you some pics. Right now I don’t put anything for styling. Just liquid minoxidil in wet hair. Then brush and put clothes on; and after that I will dry my hair to style it a bit. It works for now but want to talk to you about some styling products that may help.
I used to use American crew fiber in the past but my hair is not as dense anymore to use that.
Will pm you.

you had good results after your transplant so I wanted to do what you did post op. Hence why I switch to the shampoo and conditioner and hair dryer.
I need to send you some pics. Right now I don’t put anything for styling. Just liquid minoxidil in wet hair. Then brush and put clothes on; and after that I will dry my hair to style it a bit. It works for now but want to talk to you about some styling products that may help.
I used to use American crew fiber in the past but my hair is not as dense anymore to use that.
Will pm you.

Can you list or post links to that shampoo and conditioner and even the specific hair dryer? I think Epoxy did above at some point but just confirming.

One of my patients last week was a hair dresser and shensaid my hair is too short to worry about the damage from sulfates or keratin treatments....but I don't put a lot of stock in hair dressers' knowledge lol.

I need to look for a sulfate free dandruff shampoo as well. I have a gross amount of dandruff. Not that visible on my hair but if I brush my scalp it just keeps coming off more and more like it's snowing.

shampoo

conditioner

the dryer he recommended is no longer available on amazon.

shampoo

conditioner

the dryer he recommended is no longer available on amazon.

its important to note that i only use the shampoo once or twice a week at most. you can use that cleansing conditioner daily and it will work and will also save you from drying your hair out too much with shampoo, sulfate free or not, shampoo does dry your hair out. this can lead to dandruff, it's literally just dead skin cells from dry skin. minimize that by not shampooing so often, also your hair texture will be smoother overall. truth be told, at this point, i use the conditioner 2-3 days a week and then just rinse with water the other days. i can't use water only more than 2 days straight tho or my hair is literally just limp and has 0 volume.

Yes I forgot to mention that. Shampoo only once or twice a week. I do use the conditioner every day though.? Any benefit to using it even less?

I literally never use a shampoo. I condition 2-3x per week and even mix olive oil in there. Still a lot of dandruff and dry hair.

Yes I forgot to mention that. Shampoo only once or twice a week. I do use the conditioner every day though.? Any benefit to using it even less?

Just depends on how fast your hair gets greasy. I've found I can't go longer than 2 days without using the cleasing conditioner or my hair is completely limp/flat. I'm getting a blowout tomorrow...last one was like November. I will post pics if I get a chance before/after.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131