over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PUREE MEALS 4 PURE MUSCLE

Simple fact of the matter is theres no need to be a dick. The guy came here wrote up a BEAUTIFUL article and your throwing personal attacks around because you don't agree with it?

Seriously.... No wonder why this place has a bad rep.

Anyways adios, im off to Houston to pick the girl up from the airport.

Ill come back later tonight and expect to see that apology Phil, either that or this account banned because its easier to be a dick and sweep your mistakes under the carpet.

Not going to blow you because your a retired IFBB pro, have plenty on my other forum that actually give helpful advice and want to help the actual competitors.

So then you dont suggest using Puree at all? I was thinking it could help if i used it for one or two meals at work ? The rest being normal "chew" food and shakes.

Wish i could get LBAs... :D

It's over, Phil. I'm so proud about not being on for almost a year and I do not brag about cocktails. Drugs aren't an issue for me. You're right we're all wrong. Hope you have a nice day okay, you win :)

1800 calories is hardly stuffing my face...
This began as a moral issue, at least MY argument was. I was unhappy with your negative attitude, whether someone wants to puree their meals is entirely up to them. Personally, I find it much easier to CUT when using the pureed meals simply because the bland food is just faster to get down, saves me time. You do see that I am not the one that posted this thread, right, although I do condone it for MY use.
Whether I dislike your attitude or not, has NOTHING to do with how I look right now. You want me to admit something that I have admitted before? I personally think that I look crappy right now. But pureeing my meals has significantly improved my cutting diet, and I am definitely looking better. If anything, I have low self esteem, that is pretty obvious in the way I talk abotu my pictures. I think I look crappy right now. There it is, I think I look crappy right now!

However, moral issues and attitude are a completely different story, one that I initiated on this thread. And, Phil, in that respect, it is over on my end. I am done arguing, it is not worth it. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron

1800 calories is hardly stuffing my face...
This began as a moral issue, at least MY argument was. I was unhappy with your negative attitude, whether someone wants to puree their meals is entirely up to them. Personally, I find it much easier to CUT when using the pureed meals simply because the bland food is just faster to get down, saves me time. You do see that I am not the one that posted this thread, right, although I do condone it for MY use.
Whether I dislike your attitude or not, has NOTHING to do with how I look right now. You want me to admit something that I have admitted before? I personally think that I look crappy right now. But pureeing my meals has significantly improved my cutting diet, and I am definitely looking better. If anything, I have low self esteem, that is pretty obvious in the way I talk abotu my pictures. I think I look crappy right now. There it is, I think I look crappy right now!

However, moral issues and attitude are a completely different story, one that I initiated on this thread. And, Phil, in that respect, it is over on my end. I am done arguing, it is not worth it. Thank you.

Then diet and get leaner if you don't like the way you look. THAT WAS MY POINT. What you are doing now IS NOT WORKING 1800 calories? I don't believe that either.

Then diet and get leaner if you don't like the way you look. THAT WAS MY POINT. What you are doing now IS NOT WORKING 1800 calories? I don't believe that either.

1800 calories is as of 2 weeks ago for one, so that is news to you, so understandingly you question that, okay, accepted, but as of now, it is true.
I am cutting, it was in that last lil post, but I dont think it was to prominent enough to stand out. I am cutting, what I am doing NOW, IS working. What I was doing 2 years ago worked. There was just admittedly a time between about 1 yr ago and up until say a month ago that was not working. My pics are terrible, they don't show much and I wish that I had taken better ones when I was in better conditioning. So, on my end, phil, im dropping the physique points, when I feel I look adequate, you will be the first to see pics, deal? So I'm done okay, I have to go, you're a pro, you know your stuff, that is FOR SURE, my deal was with the attitude, but that is over now... Go out and have a good st. patty's day ok.

You are also asking for acid reflux problems later in life. You guys are young now, but believe me, if you are lucky you can grow old and it wont be fun with esophagus and stomach problems. Do you guys actually think us veterans have not tried this before?I mean REALLY? Are you that naive to think that you just thought this up?

Are you saying the food in liquid form will cause more acid problems later in life? Or are you just saying that TONS of food causes this?

i could see how this might help with a cutting diet, psychologically you would be able to forget about food much easier.

but right now im bulking up...and i LOVE to eat...no way im trading one of my daily meals for some GODDAMNED SHAKE! lol!!!:D

Good post, are you friends with IronSerenity? He posted about Puree meals but didnt give details... He said his friend would post it up? Are you the one? :D

Okay after a reread i see you are "the one" LOL... Few questions. My biggest problem is chewing... so this perfect for me escpecially at work.

1) You are using Diet Sodas, do you ever use just water? Also doesnt all that sugar and gas add up?
2) If i make my puree shakes for work wont the contents settle, do i just shake it up and down it? you said keep it cold, i already take a cooler bag to work as it is so thats good.
3) If the soda is a problem towards comp time what can you replace it with?

Thanks

Thanks Forthgen, Kcm3000.

And to answer your questions GarrithV:
1. I use diet soda b/c it's sugar-free and the physical action of blending removes nearly all the carbonation so no gas and bloat. U certainly could use plain water but it will lack the sweet-sour taste that makes a puree more palatable.
2. U can pre-mix ur shakes at home and shake it up vigorously at work, but keep in mind the ingredients in their highly macerated form may react with one another and so alter their flavor.
3. The diet fruit-flavored sodas I use have zero carbs, zero sodium. They have only a modest amount of potassium, so it should be good to go for comp prep.

And Thanks Iron Serenity for answering these questions in a more timely manner than my slow ass.

Last edited:
. . .when you are full and it is late at night, instead of cramming another meal down your throat, GO TO BED .

I agree, just go to bed. I never said u should eat or drink a puree when ur full.

The MISLEADING title is PUREE FOR PURE MUSCLE..........trust me when I tell you that you will be adding more pure fat.
If one consumes more grams of protein at a given time than what one's body can assimilate, the excess protein WILLunfortunately be converted and stored as (saturated) fat. However, the right amount of protein that a bodybuilder should consume at a given meal must be determined and these recipes should adjusted accordingly. I used examples of higher amounts of protein just to prove that if one does need to consume such a large amount of protein (such as a naturally large person), it can be done.

You are also asking for acid reflux problems later in life. You guys are young now, but believe me, if you are lucky you can grow old and it wont be fun with esophagus and stomach problems.

This may or may not be true. All I can say is that I'm 48 and have never had such an issue arise. I will ask, however, what is materially different about downing a shake and just eating so much at the dinner table that ur packed?

Do you guys actually think us veterans have not tried this before? I mean REALLY? Are you that naive to think that you just thought this up?

I know very well that vets have tried this approach - It has had to come to mind for a lot of people. I was merely recommending some tips as to make the best of pureeing one's meals. And to address ur statement that we bodybuilders are not enjoying life, I enjoy life to the fullest. I just find that if I need to choke down another bland meal, I would rather puree it and chug it down fast. I certainly do NOT puree the meals of food I love. I enjoy eating those in the old-fashioned way.

And ur both welcome Samson and Tomtom76.

Last edited:
I don't see how personal attacks merit your argument at all. Neither do I see how he is fat... He cares alot about how much he weighs, just as I do. Were not concerned about staying lean in the offseason, were concerned about creating the largest freakiest physique we possibly can for the stage. Were not "recreational lifters".

Phil, you may be a retired IFBB pro... Your advice is invaluable. Instead of lashing out with personal attacks please point out factual information instead of "I don't like this plan" so that we can better work with that experience and implement it.

Thank you.

Sorry for the multiple posts, text box isn't scrolling for me at the moment. Anyways, theres a shit load of great info on this board. Instead of being asses about stuff help eachother out. Serenity was merely asking you to quit being so negative. Theres no need for a flame war.

Well said, _Blaten_, I must agree. Life as a bodybuilder is hard enough. The heathen who are not in the sport have no idea what we go thru and b/c of it they r not supportive. We on this board should stay possible, edifying each other to even great heights. Constructive criticism is always good, but if veers off to flaming it quickly becomes destructive. Let's all stay postive, OK?

OH NO, I'M WRONG AND YOU ARE RIGHT!!! NOW PUT UP THOSE PICTURES TO SEE ALL THAT MUSCLE YOU ARE PUTTING ON FROM STUFFING YOUR FACE.

Phil, I respect you for your accomplishments in your sport, but why should how a person post pics have any real relavance to the issue of pureeing meals to become more efficient in preparing and consuming meals. Obviously, if a person consumes more calories than he can assimilate and convert into LBM, then the excess will be stored as bodyfat. One merely needs to adjust the portions (as with eating solid food) to properly modulate one's body composition.

I agree, just go to bed. I never said u should eat or drink a puree when ur full.

If one consumes more grams of protein at a given time than what one's body can assimilate, the excess protein WILLunfortunately be converted and stored as (saturated) fat. However, the right amount of protein that a bodybuilder should consume at a given meal must be determined and these recipes should adjusted accordingly. I used examples of higher amounts of protein just to prove that if one does need to consume such a large amount of protein (such as a naturally large person), it can be done.
yes, but the thermic effect of feeding and the conversion rate of amino acids into glucose together make a situation where you have a net fat gain VERY unlikely.

Negativity to you is common sense to me. I am just trying to point out the craziness in this sport. Maybe this forum is not for you........you seem not to be able to handle criticism from they people that you ask guidance from. First of all, you are fat. You are not lean. You post pictures that we cannot distinguish one way or another what you look like. Your self esteem is wrapped up in how much you weigh and it shows. If that is negative then so be it. I cant save you from the nonsense you put your body through so you can feel like a bodybuilder............but you are getting farther from it the more I read your posts. Try this approach Ironserenity....when you are full and it is late at night, instead of cramming another meal down your throat, GO TO BED. The MISLEADING title is PUREE FOR PURE MUSCLE..........trust me when I tell you that you will be adding more pure fat.
wow great post phil! Ironserenity I am personally putting up a lil challenge to you, now don't think that im jumping on you or being negative as i don't think ive ever posted on any of your threads (at least I don't think i have). so i have never said anything to you that i know of (I could be wrong though). so here is the challenge! IF YOU ARE SO SERIOUS ABOUT BODYBUILDING HIRE PHIL HERNON AND TAKE YOUR PHYSIQUE TO THE NEXT LEVEL, NO EXCUSES JUST DO IT. there that is all i have to say to you, except the challenge or just don't respond to my post ok??

PAINFULL ADDICTION

YOU MAKE SOME VERY GOOD POINTS IN YOUR LATER POSTS........THINGS YOU CLARIFIED FOR ME FROM YOUR INITIAL THREAD. THERE IS A PLACE FOR THIS YES, IT CAN BE A GREAT TOOL, BUT USE IT SPARINGLY AND NOT BEFORE BED.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws