over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PWood Tired of Waiting Takes Robo-Genetics in His Own Hands

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My second hip - replacement is now a reality in my future. Looking to January- February like last time. Pain has been bearable but the familiar "hitch in my git-a-long" has been rearing its' head.

I do not like taking pain medication, and I think prior to my last hip over two years I took medication 5 total days before, and two after.

With this one, I have waited a bit too long. I have taken the medication less than thirty days total but that is still an unacceptable amount. He has been prescribing for a bit over the last year. The combination of needing the occasional medication to get by, combined with my sometimes noticeable gait (would look okay in the wild west if I wore a six shooter) was a bit much.

I posted an illegible post a couple weeks back that even I could not make sense of. That is a bit much as well. I offer an apology to the board.

Going to try to drop 20 to 30 prior to the operation during the holidays. YAY! Who is with me!

The lighter weight helps with the recovery. I was 243 or so during my last one, want to be 220 or so for this one.

This one will have Bluetooth and an AI interface as will as a Lithium Ion battery with near field recharging. It can be programmed to assist with squats and deads and can send nerve impulses to my other now obsolete non-ai hip. (Not Really)

Its' okay. When I had my first, because of my HF, I never thought I would live to see this one done even though he told me it was on its' way.

Stay young my friends.

PWood

Good luck to you, Pekkerwood. I wish you a speedy recovery. Is your surgeon doing an anterior or posterior replacement? Weight loss should help you heal better.

paddington

You should change your name here to Steve Austin!

I hope the surgery goes well and that you are walking more normally ASAP.

Attachments

• SIX-1-popup.jpg
    SIX-1-popup.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Good luck to you, Pekkerwood. I wish you a speedy recovery. Is your surgeon doing an anterior or posterior replacement? Weight loss should help you heal better.

paddington

My last was posterior and I had no issues. The anterior approach was a bit newer then, and my surgeon had done thousands of the posterior operations. I had terrific results after surgery although I had complications a year later that disappeared on their own mysteriously. None since.

I also did not use the latest and greatest joint choice, instead, went with a bit older technology that had less chance of heavy metal leaching into the blood.

I will discuss both of these fully when we meet to set up the procedure. I will tend to go along with the surgeon. I did a ton of research prior to my first one and my doctor seemed to have rational discussions and an open mind, so I will value his input highly this go around.

Mildly Amusing Story:

My youngest god son was only six or seven at the time of my first one and was not used to seeing me on crutches or with a walker. He new I was in the hospital and that I was having an "operation". When I saw him a week later I told him I was becoming a transformer but had to do it a piece at a time due to costs. He seemed a bit skeptical but interested. I then showed him the xrays and he believed!

PWood

Keeping you in my prayers Pekkerwood. STAY POSITIVE!!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

is this a revision or the opposite hip? I have a metal/metal from 2003, just had cobalt and chromium serum levels measured, and both came back at 2.3, from my understanding there is nothing that is set in stone at this time, but for a unilateral hip if levels are 5 and above they recommend revision, for bilateral metal hips they recommend revision if levels are 7 and above, the doc that does my follow ups at this time does a lot of ceramic on cross linked poly hips, good luck to ya bro!

Good luck man. I set off metal detectors every time. Fortunately for me none of it is in a joint. Get that weight off that's definitely going to help.

Thanks Lucky!

It is the other hip, not a revision. I came down from 275 ish to 245 but feel I need to to re establish a lower "set point". I will try out 220. I am still about 6'1 but have shrunk height with age.

PWood

PW the good thing is that you know what to expect and how to deal with it! The lighter weight should be helpful with the recovery as well.

I've been where you're at...4 surgeries in 16 months, two fusions...one lumbar, one cervical and three months after the last surgery I somehow fractured my T6 vertebrae and spent three and half months in a back brace...good times! LOL!!

Best of luck man!!

PW the good thing is that you know what to expect and how to deal with it! The lighter weight should be helpful with the recovery as well.

I've been where you're at...4 surgeries in 16 months, two fusions...one lumbar, one cervical and three months after the last surgery I somehow fractured my T6 vertebrae and spent three and half months in a back brace...good times! LOL!!

Best of luck man!!

Thanks, Bio, geez that was some run you went through. The amazing thing is, when I look back on my "down" times, the very hardest was when I felt great and was ordered to do nothing. Other than that, these are hardly even unpleasant memories. I got down mentally maybe half of one day total. I certainly think attitude helps a great deal.

I remember some of my corny thoughts that got me through. I would do things like think "Statisically, I or one of my friends was going to get this Heart Failure, who would I rather put it on versus carrying it myself?" I was always able to think how lucky I was the moment I woke up from anesthesia. I am not a super happy type person IRL, but I guess I somehow put a bit more thought into these things.

What were you thinking when so many things piled up? Did you have a strategy to deal that you can share? I know we all deal in our different ways, and I am blessed that my travails did not bring hardships on others.

PWood

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420