over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad development?

Dangkolo

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have a question for all, I have seen in the past and present great quad development. I know leg presses and squats work for all but is there anyone out there that has done either one and got great results? Some people say just leg presses, some people say just squats or some do both.

Lets here some opinions...................:)

I have seen some great legs on people who don't squat.

Which pisses me off, because I seem to need them! lol. :)

kinda depends on your genes imho. Also kinda depends on how mentally strong you are and how far you push it.. assuming good recovery practices and good nutrition.

my legs grow just by looking at the squat rack :D so I have to be careful I don't end up looking like a (very) mini-platz

leg press for me

i've done leg presses, squats, hacks, leg extensions and the best results i ever got was when i switched to moderate weight high rep leg presses. i alternate my foot position from wide with toes out to close with toes straight and keep reps in the 30-40 range. really brought my quads up quickly.

I haven't been able to squat for over a year now......I really do miss it so much but I have tendonitus in my knees so bad now that all heavy compund leg movements give me trouble.

My sqautting days are sadly over now...:eek: but I have replaced them with smyth machine squats. I also do hack squats, and leg press which seems to not give me any problems and my legs have actually grown a little in the last year too so that is a good thing.

Is it possible to have your legs grow and not do squats. Quite simply yes. Dorian Yates said he never squated either as he said it was hard for him bimechanically to free squat so he did smyth and leg pres alot.

actually i thought yates early in his career was up to 600+ for reps in the squat but then ran into hip trouble, then made the switch, either way it sure the heck didnt hurt him much

My opinion, in the early part of your lifting career you need to squat, so you do this for some years and get some good development happening as well as terrific strength gains all over. Then you can switch to leg presses, smith squats or other machine variations and still continue to get good legs. I now use the hack squat and leg press as the primary builders. Last time I taped my legs they were around 30". So no you do not have to squat to continue to grow. Don't forget that deadlifts and such will stimulate your legs as well.

JAMES, YOUR ARTWORK ROCKS!

I don’t squat or use the leg press… I use a variety of leg press machines… like cybex and others.. (I use multiple gyms). I get a WAY better contraction with the machines.

Results are great and I have stretch marks on my thighs to prove it.

THOSE PICTURES ARE INCREDIBLE. I always liked Frank Frazetta stuff. I like your work better.

i dont squat. never have. i guess im lucky, because my legs are my best body part.

THOSE PICTURES ARE INCREDIBLE. I always liked Frank Frazetta stuff. I like your work better.

Thanks.. Huge compliment.. Almost as huge as your quads. Seriously I’m a beginner.. (that was one of my first paintings) Check back to my blog at later dates to see my new stuff.. I think you’ll appreciate my figure paintings.

I appreciate the female form.

Thanks.. Huge compliment.. Almost as huge as your quads. Seriously I’m a beginner.. (that was one of my first paintings) Check back to my blog at later dates to see my new stuff.. I think you’ll appreciate my figure paintings.

I appreciate the female form.

painting is awesome. I spent like half an hour going through the whole thing

let's see a picture!

i dont squat. never have. i guess im lucky, because my legs are my best body part.

Lets see a picture of your quad development...heavy squats are a staple in my program for years..

hard2core2

I haven't been able to squat for over a year now......I really do miss it so much but I have tendonitus in my knees so bad now that all heavy compund leg movements give me trouble.

My sqautting days are sadly over now...:eek: but I have replaced them with smyth machine squats. I also do hack squats, and leg press which seems to not give me any problems and my legs have actually grown a little in the last year too so that is a good thing.

Is it possible to have your legs grow and not do squats. Quite simply yes. Dorian Yates said he never squated either as he said it was hard for him bimechanically to free squat so he did smyth and leg pres alot.

I told you how to take care of that tendonitis. I was having the same problem and had Prolotherapy done and I'm squating again. Not going too heavy on squats, but really up'ed the intensity on leg press and hacks.

Sorry Dangkolo

Dont mean to hijack your thread, but I too want to see YoungMuscle post a pic of his legs. Building incredible legs at a young age WITHOUT doing squats is an amazing feat. I would love to finally see a pic of this guy. I think it would be a huge help to all of us. In fact if I remember correctly he did post a pic somewhere right? If it was him I think you definetly need to squat young man, it will help your entire body as you were lacking quite a bit of thickness. Focus less on your drug doses and more on your core movements, that includes squats.....:rolleyes:

Focus less on your drug doses and more on your core movements, that includes squats.....:rolleyes:

Accually there's a couple new guys that should follow this regimen.

Last edited:
another great leg developer on the high hip region is decline presses,which i do them in the smith machine and a bench that i put on a 30 degree incline. we dont have a regular decline machine our owner is a fag. any way as people mentioned above alot of those exercises work well. im also a believer in hacks heels 4 inches apart, it really brings my sweeps into play.

I think any pressing movements will bring out good quad development
For me squats seem to do more for my glutes then legs but then
beings I own a bad back, could be my form.
Please don't ask for a picture of my ass ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws