over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad Injury Rehab

fade

Registered
So about 4-5 months ago on hack squat, I was finishing up and was about to start my widowmaker. 4th rep into the widowmaker I strained something in my rectus femoris. I felt/heard something that sounded like a tear in my quad. Racked it immediately and hopped off.. Nothing hurt at the time, but it freaked me out. So I started hobbling around waiting for the pain to kick in.

About 5 mins later I had some swelling (minor), and pain when I would even slightly bend my knees. I could walk just fine with no pain, but if I tried to squat - it killed.. No bruising appeared.

So it took about a week for the pain to subside, and another week or two til i felt comfortable hitting some weights.. Dumbass me jumps into squats..

135x10 perfect, no pain.
225x4th rep in strained AT THE SAME DAMN SPOT.

So now it's been 3-4 months since I've had this injury and for the life of me I can not push myself on any leg exercises because I can still feel a weakness in the area that I hurt my leg. I also favor my right leg over my left when doing any squats, etc.

I have foam rolled, but the more often I do that, the more I seem to feel the weakness in the area. So I try to stick to maybe 2x a week.

I have also been stretching out, as I believe the area was just too tight and too pumped when i strained it the first time.

The highest I've been able to go is 225 on squats. It scares me and I can start to feel some weakness there and I'm afraid it's going to set me back another 4 months on legs.

Leg press I can push myself pretty hard, and I've incorporated some single leg leg press to help bring up the left leg's weakness and stop favoring the right leg.

Last night I only went up to 185 on squats and did 3 sets of 5 before moving on to single leg leg press. I felt a little bit of weakness as I was doing my sets so I didn't even push it on those.

Anyone who has any experience with this or any suggestions definitely let me know.

Thanks

i often get a (tear, pop, fart) noise
in my quads also..........about 6 or so
i my lifetime.....gets alittle swollen in the area
about a inch or 2 in diameter.....never any bruising
dosent matter what excersize.....happend on extentions once
and happend on a 585 sets of sqts

and yes its scary........because you think next time will be WORSE

all i can tell you is what i HAVE done about it
-take it easy on legs for a week or two
then start hammering again

i will say also.......i seemed too remember it always happening
when i'm leaner than usual

:cool:

I tore my sartorius twice...first on hacks...than on front squats...the second time I used about 2mgs of igf-1 microdosed directly where it hurt...3 weeks later I was back squatting 315 no issues...I found out it was a slight alteration in form that caused the injury....i tore my acl when I was 16 and apparently I hbe always ever so slighy favored my right side....my left glute was inhibited and I was putting a lot more pressure on the groin area of my left thigh....I really have to pay attention to my form in the mirror because my hips are slightly off...I've changed my training up now where i do one bilateral movement first, heavy (squats or frot squats) and the other movements are unilateral leg press, leg extensions (just for quads)...since than my legs feels normal...and no odd pressure anywhere

I have the same injury. Originally happened when I tried to squat too soon after dislocating my right knee and tearing all kinds of shit. I over compensated on the left leg and got a pop. After a few weeks and some IGF I was good until I beat my previous best on leg press and had a huge pump in my quads and decided to do a heavier set. Popped again. I'm doing IGF in it and ultrasound now. I was able to do some light squats and Strive leg press to get a pump today with no issues. I'm taking the opportunity to really focus on my hams and it's paying off. Ultrasound is a godsend for me.

I have the same injury. Originally happened when I tried to squat too soon after dislocating my right knee and tearing all kinds of shit. I over compensated on the left leg and got a pop. After a few weeks and some IGF I was good until I beat my previous best on leg press and had a huge pump in my quads and decided to do a heavier set. Popped again. I'm doing IGF in it and ultrasound now. I was able to do some light squats and Strive leg press to get a pump today with no issues. I'm taking the opportunity to really focus on my hams and it's paying off. Ultrasound is a godsend for me.

Do you have an ultrasound machine yourself or do you go somewhere to have it done?

Have you used a foam roller on the spot? I'm taking it easy as well and focusing on hams but I would love to bring my legs up to where everything else has grown...

active release therrapy

active release therrapy

I will probably end up doing this. I am just pretty tight on my budget and really don't want to pay the $50-75 that it costs per session if I don't have to. I've really been putting it off and off hoping things would get better.. Slowly I believe it is, but it is wayyy too slow.

Do you have an ultrasound machine yourself or do you go somewhere to have it done?

Have you used a foam roller on the spot? I'm taking it easy as well and focusing on hams but I would love to bring my legs up to where everything else has grown...

I bought one. Check out LGMedsupply. They have a number of quality units at affordable prices. It's amazing for all the sprains and injuries that go hand in hand with bodybuilding.
No I don't use any foam roller and never will. I get deep tissue once a month

Do you have insurance? If so, get a PT consult. If you get a good PT, they can do you a lot of good!

Do you have insurance? If so, get a PT consult. If you get a good PT, they can do you a lot of good!

Yeah but my insurance is kind of shitty.. Not sure what they would cover. Have to check my policy.

Finding a PT that works with athletes would be the best. I have gone to several and did get some relief... They gave me some stretching exercises to do which have helped over time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131