over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad Muscle Pain?

superbigd

Registered
Hi guys,
For the past couple of months i have been dealing with this quad pain which feels like its deep inside the muscle, almost like the feeling of soreness from oil post injection. The caveat here is that i don't inject into my quad. It doesn't hurt when i'm walking around casually, but when i start to do a squat movement or leg workouts is when i feel it the most to the point where it hurts. It's located in the upper outer portion of my quad but i can quite pinpoint it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, and is there a type of doctor I should go see?

Check for dvt

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don’t think that could be it because it’s not red and only hurts when I do a squatting motion repeatedly.

I have the Same thing, lateral Side of quad hurts when doing squats or other quad movements. I cant really tell if it's muscle or ligaments. I actually assume it's my it-band but cant seem to find things on the internet apart from runners knee which it isn't.

Foam Rolling helps but I have to do it before and after each set I'm doing and end up still in pain afterwards

Follow up to GetNBiggers post because that kind of freaked me out. I made a Dr appointment with my PCP on Monday. I was kind of hoping it was something that would go away on its own

Foam roll it! I had a similar problem near my right outer quad and also my left quad where my hip flexor connects. I started foam rolling and it killed me due to pain at first, but it's great when you can finally relax the muscle and let it dig in deep. I use baseballs now and put it straight on the tightest spots. I haven't had any issues in my quads since.

When you roll it, do it very slow, staying on the sensitive spot longest. Good luck. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t think that could be it because it’s not red and only hurts when I do a squatting motion repeatedly.
DVT is not red since it's deep vein. It comes on as cramp /Charley horse type ache

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Rectus femoris is the one quad muscle that crosses the hip and also works as a flexor there. I'd roll and stretch the hip flexors. There is one quad stretch where you are in a lunge and you put the back knee on an arex pad and gently pull up the foot.

In addition activating the glutes during your warm up and squatting in zero drop shoes will shift stress away from the problem area.

As the guys have mentioned, foam rolling regularly will help prevent facial adhesions. For the really deep ache like you're talking about, hands down, look into flossing.

Takes a strip of rubber, about 7 ft long. Wrap around upper leg from above knee to upper thigh. Tight, but not tourniquet tight. Do some light squats to pump it up. The bands will hold the external tight, and as it pumps up, will do some great deeper shearing. Best straps are called voodoo floss. Cheap, easy, extremely effective

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131