over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

QUAD OUTER SWEEP

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I need more sweep for my quads, any suggestions? I am not afraid to work them, at 49, I can still squat 405 for 8 reps.

ok but.....

I need more sweep for my quads, any suggestions? I am not afraid to work them, at 49, I can still squat 405 for 8 reps.

Does squatting 405 for 8 reps translate into more quad sweep? My answer is no it does not. I think we ( me) would need much more info on you before I could suggest something.

The key to creating my quad sweep (check photo section "shitty genes") was to do a large volume of squats on a regular basis.
I do about 3 or 4 warm-up sets. Then I do 3 sets of 20reps medium weight.
20 reps is alot. It should take everything you have to get to 20.

I use a close stance. toes pointed slightly outward. Very low! At least 90 degrees. Lower than 90 works the hams until you hit the 90 mark.

I also do what I call "free squats". 2 sets of 50 squats with no weight and no bar. Just up and down. Try it, you will be suprised.

Don't worry about doing max weight with squats. High volume is the key. Your legs are the work horse of you body. Don't try to burn them out with a few sets.

Does squatting 405 for 8 reps translate into more quad sweep? My answer is no it does not. I think we ( me) would need much more info on you before I could suggest something.

If it did Phil, I would have great sweep.:D I squat shoulder width stance, toes slightly pointed out, paralell or slightly above. Routine currently is is usally 2-3 warm ups, 1 heavy set for all exercises, 8 -15 reps. Leg ext, leg squats, leg presses, lying leg curls. I change routines every 10-12 weeks. I did manage to put on an inch on my thighs since summer, just not on the outer sweep as much.

Glute Ham Machine

Pesty, if you have access to one of these I would highly recommend it. Really press and squeeze with the bottom on you're feat and flex those hamstrings and quads.

Marilyn is not the only one in my household with a nice set of glutes:)

HONESTLY

If it did Phil, I would have great sweep.:D I squat shoulder width stance, toes slightly pointed out, paralell or slightly above. Routine currently is is usally 2-3 warm ups, 1 heavy set for all exercises, 8 -15 reps. Leg ext, leg squats, leg presses, lying leg curls. I change routines every 10-12 weeks. I did manage to put on an inch on my thighs since summer, just not on the outer sweep as much.

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR TRAINING UNLESS YOU ARE OVER TRAINING....THEN YOU ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE.

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR TRAINING UNLESS YOU ARE OVER TRAINING....THEN YOU ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE.

Before yes, I was overtraining, now no, because I am growing.

Pesty, if you have access to one of these I would highly recommend it. Really press and squeeze with the bottom on you're feat and flex those hamstrings and quads.

What about these inner/outer thigh machines. I see alot of woman use these. By the way, no offense, but I rather look at Marilyn's glutes than yours.:D

Yes aducter and abducter

What about these inner/outer thigh machines. I see alot of woman use these. By the way, no offense, but I rather look at Marilyn's glutes than yours.:D

We both use those adducter and abducter if nothing else it warms you up before you're leg workout but I swear those machines make me soar and I really think they are a benefit.

No offense taken Pesty, I never get tired of looking at her glutes and anything else she's got.:)

May be my feminine side but whenever I train in a gym that has them, I use those machines. :p

I honestly find them to be really helpful to target zones not worked optimally with traditional exercises.

Deep hack squats with heavy weight fry's my outer quads.

We both use those adducter and abducter if nothing else it warms you up before you're leg workout but I swear those machines make me soar and I really think they are a benefit.

No offense taken Pesty, I never get tired of looking at her glutes and anything else she's got.:)

those machines are crucial for martial artists

there are plenty of variations to do them without a GHR machine or stand.

do the natural ones, have a friend hold your feet and do them.
Or do assisted ones on a rope pulley and loop your feet under the lat pulldown machine.

since doing these for about 2 months now, my squat, deads have gone way up. at first all I could do was a negative portion.
NOw 6 weeks later I did 7 below parellel ones straight by myself with my back straight. best hammy excersise period.

the machine/stand thing makes it easier to do them and it seems to hit your lower back. I prefer doing the natural ones because they are more challenging.

This is my opinion. from talking to Phil about my musculature and evening asking Milos Sarcev when i worked at his gym... from what i have learned from these guys is you can get your muscles BIGGER but the SHAPE can't change.
correct me if i am wrong. (another reason why this sport is genetic dependent) -STEELE

Based on my own experience through the years, I gotta agree with you guys on that.

Based on my own experience through the years, I gotta agree with you guys on that.

Me too. I think its mostly just a dream to think that you can really change the overall shape of a muscle. It will grow larger in diameter and stronger by growing thicker fibers, but the overall shape will remain. to think that you can make one part of a muscle grown more than another is like saying you can spot reduce bodyfat around your midsection. The muscle contracts as a unit together. A motor unit .

Can't change shape?

The leg is made up of several different muscles. If you focus on one area then you can make that area larger; leg ext= lower quad, leg curl=hamstring,
leg press with toes pointed out= inner thigh, close stance during squats=larger sweep.
Thats kind of fundamental.
Your changing the shape by enlarging certain parts, which are actually different muscles.

A curl may be a curl. But a hack squat, is not a leg press, is not leg ext, is not a leg curl.

The leg is made up of several different muscles. If you focus on one area then you can make that area larger; leg ext= lower quad, leg curl=hamstring,
leg press with toes pointed out= inner thigh, close stance during squats=larger sweep.
Thats kind of fundamental.
Your changing the shape by enlarging certain parts, which are actually different muscles.

A curl may be a curl. But a hack squat, is not a leg press, is not leg ext, is not a leg curl.

Using the leg press, this has helped my outer quad sweep tremedously.

By posting this, i am contradicting myself because i forget something when i wrote an earlier post. i wrote that i've never seen or heard of anyone fixing up a weak part without the use of SEO. Now that i remember one fellow, he's the only person to do that without SEO.
Too bad gavin's board is shut down, but if you ever saw Mr.Nalbuphine's posts, you'd know who i'm talking about. He gave progress pics to show how he did it. he was already developed and had a weak outer sweep (it was fine, but compared to how he looks now, it was non-existant :D ) the guy's outter sweep is so big now it makes his waist look tiny!
If i remember correctly, he did 2 exercise and hit them hard and heavy for around 20 reps (2-3 sets each). those exercises were front squats on the smith machine with very close stance (narrower than shoulders) and down ATG, the second was close stance leg press with "ankles almost touching). within 4 years, the dude developed an outer sweep that was insane.
After hearing his advice, i only do slightly narrower than shoulder width squats (3/4 way to parallel) and after i'm done, i feel it all in the outer sweep. infact, i don't feel the tear drop being worked at all (which is why i make my last set wider than shoulder width with toes slightly pointing outwards, ATG)
If i was consistant last year, i would tell you that i would've seen a major improvement... why? because even though i wasted last year on stupid shit, i still saw improvements in the outer sweep.

How about leg extentions with your toes pointed inward...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131