over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

QUAD OUTER SWEEP

By posting this, i am contradicting myself because i forget something when i wrote an earlier post. i wrote that i've never seen or heard of anyone fixing up a weak part without the use of SEO. Now that i remember one fellow, he's the only person to do that without SEO.
Too bad gavin's board is shut down, but if you ever saw Mr.Nalbuphine's posts, you'd know who i'm talking about. He gave progress pics to show how he did it. he was already developed and had a weak outer sweep (it was fine, but compared to how he looks now, it was non-existant :D ) the guy's outter sweep is so big now it makes his waist look tiny!
If i remember correctly, he did 2 exercise and hit them hard and heavy for around 20 reps (2-3 sets each). those exercises were front squats on the smith machine with very close stance (narrower than shoulders) and down ATG, the second was close stance leg press with "ankles almost touching). within 4 years, the dude developed an outer sweep that was insane.
After hearing his advice, i only do slightly narrower than shoulder width squats (3/4 way to parallel) and after i'm done, i feel it all in the outer sweep. infact, i don't feel the tear drop being worked at all (which is why i make my last set wider than shoulder width with toes slightly pointing outwards, ATG)
If i was consistant last year, i would tell you that i would've seen a major improvement... why? because even though i wasted last year on stupid shit, i still saw improvements in the outer sweep.

I have never read that guys post but that sounds very similar to what I do. Believe me, once you get them targeted, they will grow fast if you keep pounding them.

Sissy squats. I love the sissy squat apparatus for sweep. The old gym i belonged to had one and everyone who competed loved that thing for that reason.

Sissy Squat Unit

sissy squat unit. Instead of holding onto something its a lot easier with the unit and you can get real low an get a nice stretch in out quads.

Attachments

• ssq.jpg
    ssq.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 396
  • ssqa.jpg
    ssqa.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 416
sissy squat unit. Instead of holding onto something its a lot easier with the unit and you can get real low an get a nice stretch in out quads.

If anyone has ever used the swing squat they can attest to how it seems to hit that outer quad area. Its like doing a sissy squat but much better IMO. I never saw my outer sweep improve though by doing this.

All I ever used to do was narrow stance squats. The idea sounds nice for quad sweep, but the stress it puts on your knees isn't worth it trust me. There is almost no good way to go down to the ground with a close stance without putting sheer pressure on your knees. I prefer narrow stance leg press and hack squats. Everybody always preaches "squat to get big" fuck that, resistance is resistance to me

If anyone has ever used the swing squat they can attest to how it seems to hit that outer quad area. Its like doing a sissy squat but much better IMO. I never saw my outer sweep improve though by doing this.

The swing squat machine is what your referring to.The gym i went to had one. I did not like it to much. Always felt like the weight was going to break away from the machine while it was coming towards me and it was going to fall. I guess that's why its called swing squat. Did you do the sissy squats in the foot holder?

sweeps?

I LIKE HACKS!! FEET AND KNEES TOGETHER FOR HIGH REPS W/ MODERATE WEIGHT..

GOOD LUCK..

NTR

Last edited:
The swing squat machine is what your referring to.The gym i went to had one. I did not like it to much. Always felt like the weight was going to break away from the machine while it was coming towards me and it was going to fall. I guess that's why its called swing squat. Did you do the sissy squats in the foot holder?

tried that holder, and didnt care for it. Just a matter of preference I guess. I liked the swing squat machine.

Honestly, for me I felt like i brought my sweep up a lot in a year or so with doing a lot of hack squats and leg presses with a close-together foot stance. I had my feet close together with my toes pointed slightly outward. I would do these nice and deep on the leg press and hack squats after doing regular squats. I would just do your squats with regular stance for safety reasons. Also, some walking lunges added in from time to time helped me I felt. I know its no miracle answer, but its an easy training modification you can make that I think will help out a good amount. Keep us posted bro.

I feel I get alot of overall leg dev. from reg squats,feet slightly wider than shoulder width, yet I get more "sore" ( DOMS) in the glutes and medial/inner thigh. So, I added 1" tomy quads doing an " up the rack' dumbell squat routine with feet about 8" apart and going down just short of parallel.

My theory is I can hit slow and fast twitch muscle fibers and target the outer quad. I really have to watch my posture/body mechanics as the weight gets heavy and I don't lock out the knee joint.

my 2 cents. Works for me.

IT IS NOT ABOUT YOUR TRAINING UNLESS YOU ARE OVER TRAINING....THEN YOU ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE.

what? are you implying that our muscles can't be "shaped" based on various excercises?

This is just like realizing that you cant build a bicep with great peak if you are not predispositioned to have one. You can do preacher curls, spider curls, etc for years on end and youll never have a peak like Albert Beckles did.

I need more sweep for my quads, any suggestions? I am not afraid to work them, at 49, I can still squat 405 for 8 reps.

Pesty, That's serious squat if you're doing it right ( I assume you are).

I'll give you my suggestion. I can do rear squats anymore due to back problems. Being the stubborn bastard that I am, I did'nt give up. I do front squats instead. Over the past 6 months, I have definitely noticed more sweep and I'm using far less weight and no longer have lower back problems.

Front Squats. In my opinion I've made more visual gains doing these with 185 - 225 than I ever did using significantly more weight on rear squats.

This is just like realizing that you cant build a bicep with great peak if you are not predispositioned to have one. You can do preacher curls, spider curls, etc for years on end and youll never have a peak like Albert Beckles did.

I defenitely understand this, but I do feel we can have some influence on a muscle's shape and size by incorporating as many angles/exercises as possible

Pesty, That's serious squat if you're doing it right ( I assume you are).

I'll give you my suggestion. I can do rear squats anymore due to back problems. Being the stubborn bastard that I am, I did'nt give up. I do front squats instead. Over the past 6 months, I have definitely noticed more sweep and I'm using far less weight and no longer have lower back problems.

Front Squats. In my opinion I've made more visual gains doing these with 185 - 225 than I ever did using significantly more weight on rear squats.

I have to strongly agree with Steve 123 on FRONT SQUATS. I've yet to find an exercise that builds the quads like the front squat. I rarely see anyone do them b/c they are hard and you have to start with a much lower weight than your back squat and "learn the correct form." But once you get it down, you will be pleased. Search Youtube for front squat vids. Front Squat 5x5 for a few weeks and then see what you think.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131