Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
JDog

Quad shots
Well, I have been using Syntherol in the outer quad sweep for less than one week and I am hating it. What the Hell? I am presently hitting 6 locations 3 EOD. Using 5/8 25ga needles @ 2cc per site. Maybe I am a total pansy but this is agony. I can barely put my shoes on let alone walk upstairs, train legs etc. I massaged the sites and attempted to stretch, but it just aint happening. I feel like I have been shot with a cannonball. Any suggestions/pointers? Anyone have experience with SEO's in quads? I am looking to add about 1 inch to my outer sweep. If I can do that I will be a happy man and any agony will have been worth while. Realistic goal or hopeless delusion?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-16-2002 09:29 AM

peewee

peewee
I had the exact same problem with my calfs!! I would inject only 1 cc and the pain was so intense that I could bearly walk for a few days. I tried it a few times to see if it was just a spot that I hit, but the same happened every time. I ended up giving up calf shots due to the pain!!

Now I've shot gear in my quads before and had a little pain. So I would imagin that an accumulated amount of oil would be even more painful. I think calfs and quads in some people just have too many nerve endings. And the oil just causes too much pressure on the nerves.

05-16-2002 08:13 PM

Bishop

try using a longer needle for starters. It may not help with the pain but your quad is a big muscle and can handle alot more than 5/8. The pain is due to the trama caused by jabing yourself so many times in a short period of time, IMO. The oil is thin unlike most juice but you are putting a higher volume in there so that may have something to do with it also.

05-16-2002 09:57 PM

BALDNAZI

Better on smaller muscles
Big A says it will work in the large muscle groups so I believe it,but the amount of oil necessary would be ALOT.Im of the opinion that site oil is suited idealy for smaller muscles.Perfect for bi's,tri's,delts but after you have them developed to a very respectable point.I think thats what it was intended for anyway,a helpful addition,not the solution.You want sweep and size on your quads then SQUAT dammit!!!!

"Der Sieg Wird Unser Sein"

05-16-2002 11:02 PM

bigmag

if you're injecting 2cc's in each quad 3 times daily that's your problem. the most you should inject in your quad would be 2cc's per day, and that's even alot. If you inject two cc's wait about 15-20 in between each. Don't pull the needle out just inject the first ml, wait, then inject the next one. You should also be using a longer needle. 5/8" needles are better for shoulders. I would be unsing a 1-inch needle.

05-17-2002 01:37 AM

JDog

Well, I used the 5/8 because that was what was reccomended in Big A's guide to SEO's. I am injecting slowly at a max of 2cc per site for a total of 6 cc per quad EOD. Believe me, I do not expect this to suddenly grow me some quads. I already have some pretty respectable legs, they just do not suit my satisfaction. I train them more intensely than anyone I know, unfortunately I was not blessed genetically in that department. Basically my upper body is "Huge" while my Quads are merely "Big". Calves are good, hams are ok, just need a little more sweep. Is that too much to ask........lol?

05-17-2002 03:29 AM

Big A
IFBB PRO / Moderator

Quads need longer needles, like 1" plus. 5/8 is good for arms.

A lot of people can't handle quads or calves shots. I never needed to do calf shots, but quads - I can't handle them. When I used to do the quads, after inj 3ml in one site of anything, I could not walk for days. Eventually, I hit a nerve in my right outer quad and half of it collapsed. I was not able to flex it for almost a year until it recovered. Never done quad shots since. Yet other people have no problem injecting their legs.
A friend of mine here uses Syntherol, 3ml per site, in all delt heads, all arm heads, traps and quads. He never has any pain anywhere. Then he injected the calves once, couldn't walk for a few days due to the pain and swore to never inject anything there again.
It's all an individual thing.

05-17-2002 09:11 AM

Jethro Tull

Big A....bet that freaked you out!
Not being able to flex your quad for a year....nasty, nasty. I saw a pic of a fella on the rippedmass board who obviously had no problems using the site oil on his outer sweep. I think it was a pic of cold fusion? Not sure ...I'll check but wow...it worked, whoever he is.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws