over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad Sweep/Outter Quad Development

Sieve

Registered
I recently started training legs again, any tips on getting more Quad Sweep/Outter Quad Development.

I just do squats for legs. And it mostly gives me a big butt with minimal quad sweep. I was watching a trainer do Pistols yesterday, they must work the quads pretty hard. I know I can't do them although I can easily squat twice my body weight. Which aint too too bad for an old guy.

Followed the above link:
I'm surprised foot placement/emphasis will give you significant specificity.

Last edited:
smh....

who understands my frustration to the replies especially after i explained it lol

how do you make money on the stock market?
well u buy some stocks wait for them to go up and sell them

lol

Thank you everyone !

@TooPowerful4u
Thats genious!!!
Do you think while squatting and using small weight (100kg,high reps), I could put a small disc under half of my foot? Would that help?... Small weight would be knee friendly.

Thank you everyone !

@TooPowerful4u
Thats genious!!!
Do you think while squatting and using small weight (100kg,high reps), I could put a small disc under half of my foot? Would that help?... Small weight would be knee friendly.

no. that would only alter the angle of the ankle and/or tibia/fibula (lower leg) and do nothing for recruitment, only cause imbalances(strength, weakness, tightness, looseness) that would eventually lead to injury if the exercise itself didnt directly.

learn to focus on pressure displacement and tracking

no. that would only alter the angle of the ankle and/or tibia/fibula (lower leg) and do nothing for recruitment, only cause imbalances(strength, weakness, tightness, looseness) that would eventually lead to injury if the exercise itself didnt directly.

Got it! THank you!!

Got it! THank you!!

Try hack squats with a close foot position.

perform any kind of soft tissue manipulation and stretching necessary to be able to properly squat ATG. When doing a proper ATG squat you will generate a large amount of torque with the knees turning and going wider as you go lower.

After I switched from parallel to ATG a few years ago it completely changed my quads and ass. Much better outer development

I like using a narrow stance on the leg press to target outter quads. 20+ rep range.

perform any kind of soft tissue manipulation and stretching necessary to be able to properly squat ATG. When doing a proper ATG squat you will generate a large amount of torque with the knees turning and going wider as you go lower.

After I switched from parallel to ATG a few years ago it completely changed my quads and ass. Much better outer development

How do you deal with the lower back strain?? I'm 6'1" and when I do high volume squats my lower back gets so fucking jacked I can't even walk. I have been doing box squats or 5 rep MAX back squats which sucks cause i want to be able to get that pump in em.

How do you deal with the lower back strain?? I'm 6'1" and when I do high volume squats my lower back gets so fucking jacked I can't even walk. I have been doing box squats or 5 rep MAX back squats which sucks cause i want to be able to get that pump in em.

Your squatting from your ass/middle body , not from the legs.

If your looking for something a little outside the box

Gua Sha and lots of foam rolling and other muscle release techniques.

some of kind muscular imbalance and tightness must be straining your back. without watching your form its hard to say what, but often you will simply need to use a lacross ball to roll, and tack and floss, your glutes and upper hips and lower back as well. that in itself can relieve a lot of lower back tension, but in general you need to get your hips and posture aligned as perfectly as possible

I have the same problem, always have. Always had trouble developing my swoops, but my tear-drops are overdeveloped. Doing very narrow stance hack squats has helped a lot, and the thing that's worked wonders for me in when doing seated leg extentions, put the pad on the feet instead of the ankles, and point toes inward while you perform your reps. Activates and isolated the outter quads, and you can definitely feel it

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear