over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad sweep

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone seem to have a strong rectus femoris and average vastus lateralis (outer quad)?

Yesterday I did every set with my feet together, trying to bring up the sweep. I'm crippled today...

Any specific exercises y'all like to hit the sweep hard? I've been doing 1.5 reps, staying in the hole longer, seems to light up the quads more.

Tenny, little slice no bully plz :)

Although you can't specifically hit an area of each muscle group directly you can position your feet to put more tension and load on certain areas. That said, close grip with leg press with your feet further down on the platform will hit the outer quads and take some load off the hamstrings and glutes. Close stance front squats are another good option.

Does anyone seem to have a strong rectus femoris and average vastus lateralis (outer quad)?

Yesterday I did every set with my feet together, trying to bring up the sweep. I'm crippled today...

Any specific exercises y'all like to hit the sweep hard?

I am facing similar problem. Strong vastus medialis and weak vastus lateralis. Without the outer sweep no matter how big your legs are, it just looks like a pole running straight up and down. I am trying close stance on hack squats but my knees are hurting badly. Leg press is comfortable though. But I am even confused about the reps for this purpose. High or low? Some say high reps 12-15 for legs and some say low reps. I am in a situation where I am forced to slow down upper body work for the legs to match and I just hate it. God, I hope someone help me with some good ideas from experience. Fed up with this.

try rest pause. if you squat around 405-495 range, then try 225 for 100 total reps but first set has to be minimum 50 reps, then finish the rest in 2-3 sets. use any stance you're strongest. the important thing is fiber recruitment so go all the way down man.

To place a focus on the sweep, you want to make sure you're pressing with the outside of your feet when you do your movements. Point toes in on Extensions too. Also, I found banded leg Press work really hammers my sweep using a closer lower stance with lots of time under tension.

I have a similar issue as you and they have slowly slowly come up.

In all honesty, to really see a difference.................
you need different parents. :D

I think it is more genetic and you either have it or you don't. Not saying you can't make improvements, but if there were exercises out there that Improved the sweep, then both David Henry and Dusty Hanshaw would have theirs fixed.

I'd concentrate on adductor machine and work inner thighs, as Doggcrapp has mentioned. It will help give a better overall look to the quads, and help those with weak vastus lateralis.

Changing load loading pattern or a muscle where one group is much more dominant means that the supporting/stabilizing muscles are doing less. So more instability and the joint wearing out sooner.

lol i thought this thread was about an old member of the community named quadsweep lol Im getting old

To answer your question..of course juggy. Rectus crosses hip thus is directly involved in hip flexion. You can target that while completely taking vastus out of the picture.

Its a bit challenging to target due to common extensor but the fibers do insert more laterally on patella. Im not sure that angles and foot placement help all that much to be honest. My vastus lat always kills me when I do narrow lunges.

So it's been 48 hours since I did the whole leg workout narrow stance. Definitely more sore than usual.

I've found leg extensions hit my rectus really hard and I don't feel them much in the outer quad. I need to change foot placement or drop them for a while all together

My quad sweep is horrible. My trainer thinks it is in part because I don't squat. He doesn't have me squat because my ankle roll in on my decent and he is worried I am going to injure myself. So we are working on building my outer calf up to allow strength to not let my ankles roll in. Also working on flexibility in my hip flexors and hamstrings.

To place a focus on the sweep, you want to make sure you're pressing with the outside of your feet when you do your movements. Point toes in on Extensions too. Also, I found banded leg Press work really hammers my sweep using a closer lower stance with lots of time under tension.

I have a similar issue as you and they have slowly slowly come up.

Very good tip! this works like crazy and also keep/force your legs together throughout the entire movement and set.

just pump some oil in those bitches.....

:)

Close stance leg press using variety of rep ranges and intensity techniques (rest pause, pauses, slow reps etc). Higher rep/intensity barbell squats.

I would 100% recommend high rep leg extensions (unilateral too). To help with mind muscle connection touch/feel your outer quads and during every rep try to mentally emphasize that area of your quads as much as possible and it should really help in the long run.

As Tenny mentioned put oil (syntherol) in them too. I just bumped a syntherol tips thread. Check out the 1st page as lilgumby posted before and after pics of a quad syntherol cycle.

Last edited:
made fun...???

ha....imagine what we say behind his back...:eek:

:cool:

Check our Ramy and Wolfs quad sweep, its either genetics or they put sumthin in there but they have insane quad sweep!

Check our Ramy and Wolfs quad sweep, its either genetics or they put sumthin in there but they have insane quad sweep!

I think that is very common. I haven't a clue about Ramy but your post made me think of something I noticed the other day that was interesting. Perhaps it was just a helper on his IG. Anyway Dave Palumbo posts about having his (Chris Clark's) synthol product back in stock. The post was solely about that and Big Ramy liked it. Obviously most pro's stay away from posts like that and never like them even if they are loaded with syntherol. Again though it could just be a random like from a worker on his page (I would bet it is this) who can't speak good English so hasn't a clue what the product is. It definitely caught my eye though when I noticed it.

Last edited:
if you don't have a lot of sweep, build the inner thigh more... Dante brought that to my attention years ago...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws