over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad tendon pain

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It’s getting worse and worse. About to break down and go to a PT.

been watching “squat university” for rehab exercises, but I think I’m too deep in the hole.

also, anybody use occlusion bands on legs? Thinking I can at least do some “high and wide leg press” with occlusion wraps to at least get a little bit of stimulus without using heavy loads for my quads. Literally thinking like 2 plates per side for reps.

From google....seems a good occlusion set is 30 reps, 10 breaths, 15 reps, breathe, 15 reps, breathe, pop off the bands

Also going to try and OD on BPc 157. Like 250mcg 3x day for 20 days

The quad tendon is the absolute main tendon connecting your quads to your knee. It's such a large tendon normally no one ever ruptures it. All the other tendon breaks are way more common. I know this because I had a horrible accident on black ice and fell down a flight of concrete steps just 6 weeks ago. Completely severed my quad tendon. Unbelievable my leg was like a broken marionette leg missing the strings. Flopping like a dead fish. It completely ties all your upper leg muscles to your knee cap. Fucking major surgery. So painful I sated in the hospital 6 days all fucked up on drugs! LOL Plus I had a ton of other injuries like a torn rotator in my left shoulder.
Anyway don't fuck around with anything pertaining to the quad tendon. I'm looking at 6 months recovery. This was an ugly injury.

Just to make clear, as a double quad tendon rupture 'survivor', the quad tendon and the patella tendon are the exact same tendon that runs from your quad across/down the knee cap and attaches to to your shin bone. The quad tendon is defined as the part that attaches your quad to the kneecap, and the patella tendon is the part that attaches your kneecap to your shin bone.

I recently met a powerlifter who had ruptured both his patella tendons. This is the first I've heard of PT ruptures, mush more common to snap the quad tendon.

GH and DMSO to help tendon strength and to alleviate inflammation.

When my knees start acting up I go to my PT. Get graston work on my tendons, dry needling on the muscles, and fst. The next day I’m sore like I did a few widow maker sets. But after that I feel much better. I also get the j flex and the five collagen powder from true nutrition. Bpc and hgh. Rehab wise the best thing that helps my knees is walking on the stair mill backwards. Walking on the treadmill backwards with the treadmill off. I power the belt. Also pulling sleds backwards. Hope any of this helps.

It’s getting worse and worse. About to break down and go to a PT.

been watching “squat university” for rehab exercises, but I think I’m too deep in the hole.

also, anybody use occlusion bands on legs? Thinking I can at least do some “high and wide leg press” with occlusion wraps to at least get a little bit of stimulus without using heavy loads for my quads. Literally thinking like 2 plates per side for reps.

From google....seems a good occlusion set is 30 reps, 10 breaths, 15 reps, breathe, 15 reps, breathe, pop off the bands
Juggy, im interested how you KNOW its your quad tendon and not just a small tear to your quad.
Personally, my mind will always go to a muscle tear vs a tendon rupture....unless you are feeling something pretty crazy as it ties into the knee. What is the sensation and/or pain and where is it?

Juggy, im interested how you KNOW its your quad tendon and not just a small tear to your quad.
Personally, my mind will always go to a muscle tear vs a tendon rupture....unless you are feeling something pretty crazy as it ties into the knee. What is the sensation and/or pain and where is it?

well honestly I’m not real sure. It’s very painful right above the kneecap, at the end of the sweep.

what’s annoying, is after a very very long warmup, it quits hurting and I can train. Then the NEXT day I’m in excruciating pain even at rest. I have been doing 30-40 rep pump sets just to get some sort of stimulation in, and the “squat university” guys rehab exercises

I had a similar situation - no pain, but I could feel a pop in the quad tendon at the knee on the outside of my right leg. I'd feel it after 2-3 reps of Hack squats and it would then pop on every rep.

I saw an ART practitioner who did some work and told me it was due to weakness in my glutes. I started direct glute training that night and haven't had the issue since.

The quad tendon is the absolute main tendon connecting your quads to your knee. It's such a large tendon normally no one ever ruptures it. All the other tendon breaks are way more common. I know this because I had a horrible accident on black ice and fell down a flight of concrete steps just 6 weeks ago. Completely severed my quad tendon. Unbelievable my leg was like a broken marionette leg missing the strings. Flopping like a dead fish. It completely ties all your upper leg muscles to your knee cap. Fucking major surgery. So painful I sated in the hospital 6 days all fucked up on drugs! LOL Plus I had a ton of other injuries like a torn rotator in my left shoulder.
Anyway don't fuck around with anything pertaining to the quad tendon. I'm looking at 6 months recovery. This was an ugly injury.
Brutal man, really sorry to hear this. sounds absolutely awful!

Give plasma rich platelet injections a try. They helped my knees and patellar tendon.

well honestly I’m not real sure. It’s very painful right above the kneecap, at the end of the sweep.

what’s annoying, is after a very very long warmup, it quits hurting and I can train. Then the NEXT day I’m in excruciating pain even at rest. I have been doing 30-40 rep pump sets just to get some sort of stimulation in, and the “squat university” guys rehab exercises
juggy, man don't fuck around with this! I had open heart surgery many years ago, this was way more painful! Do research, do whatever you can to strengthen the quad tendons. You snap one of these you will wish you were dead! Talk to an ortho surgeon. Go back to square one. Start your leg training like it was the first day ever in the gym. Nice and easy.

juggy, man don't fuck around with this! I had open heart surgery many years ago, this was way more painful! Do research, do whatever you can to strengthen the quad tendons. You snap one of these you will wish you were dead! Talk to an ortho surgeon. Go back to square one. Start your leg training like it was the first day ever in the gym. Nice and easy.

Will do. I got some occlusion bands, so yesterday’s leg workout was leg press with literally 1 plate per side for 30,20,16,10 with 30 second breaks. No tendon pain but the metabolite burn was nasty.

going to run 300mcg bpc x2 daily, with 4iu hgh pre bed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws