Banned
I have a big problem...

I train quadriceps once a week...

My schedule:

Front squat: 3 warm-ups
2 real sets

Leg presses: 2 sets

Leg extension: 2 sets

My problem is that my legs are always very sore when i train them. They feel like they are not recoverd.
So i can only push a sissyweight and i make no progress at all...

I stretch a lot but i looks like i don't help anything...

I can't do cardio on a bike because my legs are always in pain.
Once, i didn't train quads for 15 days, i thought they would recoverd then. But they were not... I couldn't puch a normal weight up.

Need some advice

You could cut back on number of sets or exercises (or both). For Quads (as your chest post) I only do two exercises per workout. for Quads its squats and leg extensions. I always squat but will change up second exercise. I also only do one work set per exercise.

FIRST: remember you have to recover your legs, but you have to recover the other muscles you train at the same time ( chest , back, arms, traps ) from the stress of training and you need to recover your central nervius system too. Thats the problem with volume workout, it doesnt let the body to recover and less you cant create new muscle fiber.
In one week your leggs posible be recover if you dont train another muscles, in that case you need low down the frequence of training.
I am sore that you get overtrained, and stretch overtrains you too, you need to rest man....
As JAG said dont perform more than 3 exercises per body part and my advice is just 3 sets per body part at 100% to 140 % of intensity, no more than 8 reps with 100% or 3 reps with 140 % to real muscle failure of course.
take a look on thead http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2112 and read www.cyberpump.com

And if you had been training hard for long time take a rest of 15 days eating and having fun to recuperate at all form the stress, and start trainig smart, hard, brief, infrequent and safe.
Dlad to help...

Just train HIT!!!!!!! and remember.......
There is no space for the littles !!!!!!!!!

Bigheinz

NOPE

You must force yourself past the pain and do the heavy weight thats part of growing. I also have to ask once a week and the are still sore after 7 days, is it a lactic acid type normal post workout sore or a injury sore?

I'd add a large dose multi/mineral vitamin up your protein as well. Jump in a hot tub too to get the circulation going.

I hate to say this but don't work out less frequent and don't back off the weight either your only cutting out on progress.

IMO If you are still sore you have not recovered let alone increased your strength or amount of muscle.

You even said that you couldn't lift any heavier. Each workout you should be able to do a heavier weight or more reps.

I think you are over training. From your other thread you said you do 5 different exercises for chest. I would imagine you do the same or close for back.

I think Heinze is right you are not letting your central nervous system recover so then the muscles can't recover either.

Last edited:
try 20 grams bcaa , during the workout , really helped for me to reduce post workout soreness and recovery ..... or else reduce volume .

to still be sore a week later on such low volume or even high volume is very strange indeed... even someone who is natural,on restricted cals, and not sleeping much shouldn't be sore still seven days later.

I think possibly you should look at your diet...make sure you are getting plenty of protein. Muscle needs to be fed properly in order to grow and recover...look seriously at this aspect of your training. Also, try 1000mgs of Vitamin C 1-2 hours before training.

doug1 said:
to still be sore a week later on such low volume or even high volume is very strange indeed... even someone who is natural,on restricted cals, and not sleeping much shouldn't be sore still seven days later.

100% in agreement

strange

even a virgin lifter who overdoes it will likely be sore 5-6 days max the first time out

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear