over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quality sleep

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Other than proper nutrition/gut health, I really can't think of a more important pillar/aspect of true recovery. Who here has struggled and discovered something that has really made a difference? I'm referring to mattress/pillow type, body position, temperature/darkness of the room, background noise etc. Possibly a non addictive supplement? Anyone find value in a midday siesta?

We're always talking about training, AAS and nutrition/supplementation but quality sleep is possibly the catalyst that ties it all together?

A thread I'm looking forward to, could use some tips

What helps for me personally is keeping my room cool (not freezing cold) at all times. I often sleep with a fan pointed towards me. I'm calmed by the sound of it buzzing also it seems but having a cool room is certainly something that can help everyone sleep better.

What helps for me personally is keeping my room cool (not freezing cold) at all times. I often sleep with a fan pointed towards me. I'm calmed by the sound of it buzzing also it seems but having a cool room is certainly something that can help everyone sleep better.

I agree. Another thing that helps me is having a kind of white noise in the room. I have used an air cleaner in my room since the early 70s and the sound of the fan running is quite soothing. It might help me sleep because I am so used to it, not sure, but might be worth a try for you. I know they make white noise machines that also play sounds to put you to sleep, stuff like bubbling brooks etc. I think having clean air helps too.

In a few cases where I couldn't run the air cleaner at night my wife and I both slept poorly.

Last edited:
air cleaner

The air cleaner also generates some ozone in the room. Looked on Amazon just now to try and find something similar to what I have but I don't think there make them portable anymore. Most of the ones I saw were supposed to be "silent" HEPA air filters. The one I have is basically a smaller version of what you use in your central air. One big metal cell that is charged and then a couple of finer filters.

Damn, you are really weird, I hate all kinds of noises, no fucking crickets at night or birds in the morning.

Damn, you are really weird, I hate all kinds of noises, no fucking crickets at night or birds in the morning.

Not even the hum of an overhead fan in the bedroom!?

Other than proper nutrition/gut health, I really can't think of a more important pillar/aspect of true recovery. Who here has struggled and discovered something that has really made a difference? I'm referring to mattress/pillow type, body position, temperature/darkness of the room, background noise etc. Possibly a non addictive supplement? Anyone find value in a midday siesta?

We're always talking about training, AAS and nutrition/supplementation but quality sleep is possibly the catalyst that ties it all together?

A nap after work is the best. I treasure naps!!!

Anyone here try a Purple mattress or pillow?

sleep

Getting a sleep study done to find out I did, in fact, have sleep apnea has afforded a jump-off point to start sleeping after many years of no sleep. I tried the CPAP and had no luck...two years later a mouthpiece did and I can sleep now. A lot of bodybuilders have sleep apnea and don't even know it. If you are having trouble with sleep and meds and sups just don't work get tested it may save your life.

Getting a sleep study done to find out I did, in fact, have sleep apnea has afforded a jump-off point to start sleeping after many years of no sleep. I tried the CPAP and had no luck...two years later a mouthpiece did and I can sleep now. A lot of bodybuilders have sleep apnea and don't even know it. If you are having trouble with sleep and meds and sups just don't work get tested it may save your life.

Mouthpiece? Can you explain a little more or point me in the right direction to what YOU are using. I'll go back and read that sleep apnea thread a few days back.

Not even the hum of an overhead fan in the bedroom!?

I absolutely have to have the sound of a fan or something. For quite a while now I listen to YouTube - there are a ton of options. As a kid I loved sleeping in the early spring or fall when my rents would open the windows and run the attic fan. Of course down here you HAVE to have screens but the suction of the fan created like a whole house vacuum effect (for those who don’t know what I am talking about)... the sound of wind - smell of honeysuckle - moms jasmine vines - could put a tweaking crackhead to sleep

ZMA has made a massive difference to me. It's one of my fav supplements. It really helps the quality of my sleep. Melatonin is another great one and when ombined they give me really great sleep.

Mouthpiece? Can you explain a little more or point me in the right direction to what YOU are using. I'll go back and read that sleep apnea thread a few days back.

I've tried a CPAP also and gave it a good run but I could not get the pressure set right nor get used to it. Switched to a mouth piece and its worked wonders for me. Just google mouth piece sleep apnea and you'll find tons out there and how they can help.

Quite agree with you, quality sleep can be really important because it can improve immunity,enhance muscle fiber function and prevent us from the many disease. While unlike you guys who listen to the sound or something. I prefer sleeping in a quiet circumstance with dark light and of course air-condition in summer and winter.

I don’t think it’s weird at all, I can’t sleep (or don’t sleep well) if I don’t have some sort of “white noise”. I always have fans going in the bedroom, and sometimes have thunderstorms or some sort of rain showers playing through the surround sound in the bedroom to drown out any other kinds of noises there might be from outside (cars, garbage trucks, sirens, etc). Birds do piss me off though.

Glad to read other people like fans' sound as well and it's not a weird fetish of mine :D

the biggest difference maker in my sleep was the introduction of a leg/knee pillow. It sounds stupid but I battled back pain when I'd wake up each morning, it would loosen up as the day went on but the first hour of my day always sucked. I had a very expensive mattress and I went and replaced it with another thinking that was the problem. I spent endless money on chiros. I saw pts, I went to sports med docs, x rays, cts, mris, dry needling nothing fixed the damn thing. I saw the pillow on amazon one day and it was 25 bucks so I said why not, within a couple days I was better. Haven't slept without it since. Having the right alignment when you sleep can change the quality of your life.

Last edited:
first of all,i need a comfortable pillow,and keep the room temperature at 26 degrees,then keep the room dark,and the most important is that i can't stand all kinds of noises,so i sleep with an earplug sometimes.

Glad to read other people like fans' sound as well and it's not a weird fetish of mine :D

I live "in" the city 32 floors up wedged between 2 hospitals and a fire station. I NEED noise to sleep. Wife and I took a vacation to New Zealand a few years back, stayed in a very rural area and it was spooky quiet at night...could not sleep!

I'm looking at buying a new mattress but holy $hit are they expensive!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131