YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

QUARANTINE INSIDE GYM, how to make most gains......

cashrolling

Registered
Ok, I guess I'm lucky. I'm spending my quarantine inside my friend Hotel. We have a nice gym here and all the food I need. So I'm curious how you guys, given this opportunity, would structure ur program having all the time in the world, a gym at ur disposal and all the food and rest needed. Would u focus on growth? If so how would u structure ur program? Or fat loss?..... What would be considered over doing?

I bet you have posted to tease us poor meatheads deprived of our gyms.:)

The theory of negative opinion.

Don't work out with weights. Calisthenics with body weight everyday. High reps. Let your
body rest from the stress and strain of weight training. Whatever you lose you will gain
back in 2-4-6 weeks. If you don't it was not worth having in the first . . . was not for you.

Stretch for two sessions of 1 hour each, every day. Also practice meditation. Work up to
an hour a day of you can. (You have the time or make the time) It could be a game changer
for life when you 'get out". And long walks if you can get out. (No treadmill.) And eat approx.
half the food you have been consuming. Most, if not all people, will look better if they
lost 10bs or 1/2 klio . . . the cheapest and the most efficient way to look better :)

Also zero TV. And limit you time on the internet to 30 minutes maximum per day unless
you are working remotely (I hope you have a job).

All this can't hurt, might help.

My take on it..have fun. Do what you love doing..make the most of the weights they have..do all of your favorite exercises and then after you get the best workout..treat yourself to the hotel buffet/restaurant and eat all of your favorite food..don't hold back...no compromise..go hard at everything..then after..if they got a jacuzzi or swimming pool..splurge yourself and unwind there. Check everybody else out..and just have fun man.
With this Covid-19 shit going around..and all of the events unfolding in the world..life cannot be taken for granted. You shouldn't kill yourself with strict dieting if there is no guarantee for tomorrow..and our health is only as good as long as we have it. And most importantly..thank God for your health and your ability to do what you love each and every single day.

Whilst I totally agree with the above we are all very different and some have much more passion for this than others. Some also compete at a high level so they can't just forget about training and dieting because there is no guarantee of tomorrow. Some people live for this and it makes them happy. Some people need goals and enjoy the process and living such a regiment keeps them a productive person in all walks of life. Now I am not like that at all and I have been taking it easy (too easy) but different things work for different people. Granted the OP is clearly not competing anytime soon from his wording so I can't disagree with just having fun. Although you can still have fun and adhere to a diet and training protocol because many are stuck inside with very little to do.

Regarding the OP's (and everyones) situation it would all depend upon your curent stats. Most people would probably be best dieting down at this time and doing lot's of bodyweight workouts with intense cardio to improve their overall fitness. Give their body a break from very heavy weights and try to progress in other areas (agility, flexibility etc). Although if you have access to a full gym then great but surely you should know yourself what you want to do? Are you really lean or have you put on some body fat recently? Do you want to get bigger?

For me right now if I was in your position I would be eating healthy and somewhat controlling calories but just training my arse off daily. I would be using a high volume approach with 1 session per day plus cardio. I would tighten up fast and then at the end I would ease off the training volume slightly whilst lowering cals to finish up so I am primed for growing when the world is back to normal again. Now if you are already super lean to begin with I would simply just try and grow now and increase calories and train brutally hard with tonnes of rest and of course have fun too.

Dieting and/or growing doesn't have to be miserable as it's not like most of us are trying to get to 4% bodyfat or push to a very uncomfortable 300 pounds so we can all still be happy and have fun whilst we attain our goals. Yes it may get tougher the lower/higher we go but again for most it doesn't have to be a shit life with no fun just because you want to look jacked. If your goal is to grow you can eat clean with some treats and basically do what you want and spend time with friends/family and have loads of fun.

Just because there is no guarantee of tomorrow it doesn't mean we can't strict diet either. The world was full of viruses and horrible illnesses long before covid 19. It is really bad but the media has way over exaggrated this. There have been many bad viruses and other horrible illnesses in the past and they didn't stop bodybuilders wanting to be bodybuilders and neither should covid-19. It doesn't have to be one thing or another you can be a perfectly productive and fun human being and also bodybuild at the same time. Now contest prep is slightly different and some guys have to be selfish to a degree but we aren't talking about prep here just our goals in the next few months. Now if you don't have the passion for training you may not understand but all this down time for me as just made me appreciate the gym even more.

Well. Thanks for the reply. I'm one of those who lives for this....I cannot see myself relaxing. I actually want to take advantage of this situation to get as bigger and best shape of my life. As I have access to a very nice gym, complete with any machine u need, all cardio equity and pool and spa. So without having to work I can focus on achieving my best shape ever. I'm at around 15% fat not, visible and thou. 215lbs. Being on yet past 2 years . So I started a light cycle (500mg test x week) and pushing hard in the gym. 1hr of light cardio a day to burn fat. Super clean diet. Trying to get to 10% and I'm happy (real 10%). But with all this time on my hands im afraid to over do in the gym....o guess I stick to high volume lower intensity training , don't want to get overtrained....

The theory of negative opinion.

Don't work out with weights. Calisthenics with body weight everyday. High reps. Let your
body rest from the stress and strain of weight training. Whatever you lose you will gain
back in 2-4-6 weeks. If you don't it was not worth having in the first . . . was not for you.

Stretch for two sessions of 1 hour each, every day. Also practice meditation. Work up to
an hour a day of you can. (You have the time or make the time) It could be a game changer
for life when you 'get out". And long walks if you can get out. (No treadmill.) And eat approx.
half the food you have been consuming. Most, if not all people, will look better if they
lost 10bs or 1/2 klio . . . the cheapest and the most efficient way to look better :)

Also zero TV. And limit you time on the internet to 30 minutes maximum per day unless
you are working remotely (I hope you have a job).

All this can't hurt, might help.

I have to agree with you in many ways. I would have never taken a break like this in any other situation.
I still have had access to gyms but due to the circumstances I decided to roll with the time off from training.
My body definitely needed the break. I had some nagging small injuries and feel they all have recovered. My
primary focus has been doing some good cardio daily (walking) and keeping my diet nice and clean, along with some
extra sleep time that I so desperately needed. With that said I feel the itch to return and get back at it now.

Well. Thanks for the reply. I'm one of those who lives for this....I cannot see myself relaxing. I actually want to take advantage of this situation to get as bigger and best shape of my life. As I have access to a very nice gym, complete with any machine u need, all cardio equity and pool and spa. So without having to work I can focus on achieving my best shape ever. I'm at around 15% fat not, visible and thou. 215lbs. Being on yet past 2 years . So I started a light cycle (500mg test x week) and pushing hard in the gym. 1hr of light cardio a day to burn fat. Super clean diet. Trying to get to 10% and I'm happy (real 10%). But with all this time on my hands im afraid to over do in the gym....o guess I stick to high volume lower intensity training , don't want to get overtrained....

Sounds good. I would just go for it then. You have a perfect set up to push the traning because you can essentially eat and recover. I don't quite get what you mean by "being on yet past 2 years". Do you mean you have just been on trt the last 2 years and that's why you are just starting with a light cycle? If that is the case (or if you have been off everything) then I would just eat healthy (balanced macros) and train hard and you will improve very fast. Now for someone who has been on gear for awhile and is at 15% bodyfat I would recommend they just diet down before trying to grow. It's very different if someone has been off or using minimal doses as they can usually grow and lean out at the same time (well much easier) as long as their diet is gtg. In that event I would just be careful with calories and adjust gradually based on results. I wouldn't worry about overtraining right now and just do what feels best without going overboard on volume. If I had your set up now I would honestly be pounding the gym and sitting in the sauna daily :D

I have to agree with you in many ways. I would have never taken a break like this in any other situation.
I still have had access to gyms but due to the circumstances I decided to roll with the time off from training.
My body definitely needed the break. I had some nagging small injuries and feel they all have recovered. My
primary focus has been doing some good cardio daily (walking) and keeping my diet nice and clean, along with some
extra sleep time that I so desperately needed. With that said I feel the itch to return and get back at it now.

I am exactly the same matey and I think this forced break has been good for many who usually pound the gym. I don't think that many have but for all the big weight guys who barely move if they started doing bodyweight movements and lighter weights but high reps and minimal rest periods I think that is only a good thing. A change is always good and many guys have also took this time to do more cardio and get fitter so again only good. Although everyone is different and many haven't been training that hard just before the virus outbreak so this time could be perfect for them as they may not be working and have all day to rest and it can be good having a clear goal to work towards especially if they have been stressed with everything going on. Many have also done next to nothing for the last month including myself. So if I had a full gym to myself right now I would hit it hard.

Sounds good. I would just go for it then. You have a perfect set up to push the traning because you can essentially eat and recover. I don't quite get what you mean by "being on yet past 2 years". Do you mean you have just been on trt the last 2 years and that's why you are just starting with a light cycle? If that is the case (or if you have been off everything) then I would just eat healthy (balanced macros) and train hard and you will improve very fast. Now for someone who has been on gear for awhile and is at 15% bodyfat I would recommend they just diet down before trying to grow. It's very different if someone has been off or using minimal doses as they can usually grow and lean out at the same time (well much easier) as long as their diet is gtg. In that event I would just be careful with calories and adjust gradually based on results. I wouldn't worry about overtraining right now and just do what feels best without going overboard on volume. If I had your set up now I would honestly be pounding the gym and sitting in the sauna daily :D

Yes, typo, I meant trt.....Lol,that's exactly what i be doing:
Wake up ,cardio, food, beach,food,nap,weights,food, steam room,,nap,cardio,jacuzzi,food and sleep......thats litterally my routone.....i have no excuses but to get in the best shape of my life...

I took it in stride and went off the grid in regard to exercising and even gave up the protein powder, eaa's and supplements. Though I am keeping my diet clean and on low calories. I was on mk677 plus cjc dac and gave both up as well. Hoping to get back to it and have some good response once things are normalized.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws