over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about 0 carb diet

Mountolympus

Registered
What happens when we are running a diet of pro and fat, about 2000kcal, and one day we consume 4000kcal always pros and fat?It can be considered a refeed? is interrupted ketosis? What does the physical? thanks

A refeed consists of no fat and a lot of carbs. Just the opposite of the zero carb days. You don't refeed on fat and protein.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

What happens when we are running a diet of pro and fat, about 2000kcal, and one day we consume 4000kcal always pros and fat?It can be considered a refeed? is interrupted ketosis? What does the physical? thanks

It's not beneficial to do this

I wouldn't consider it a refeed, no. A refeed is meant to restore glycogen content which requires carbohydrate intake, and carbs also have the strongest effect on leptin levels. Excess dietary fat will just get stored as body fat with nearly 100% efficiency, some might get put into intramuscular trigylceride but this isn't really the goal and won't fill you out the same as topping off glycogen. Some of the excess protein you eat might get converted to glucose in the liver which can bonk you out of ketosis. There really isn't any benefit of this compared to a standard low fat, moderate protein, high carb refeed.

I wouldn't consider it a refeed, no. A refeed is meant to restore glycogen content which requires carbohydrate intake, and carbs also have the strongest effect on leptin levels. Excess dietary fat will just get stored as body fat with nearly 100% efficiency, some might get put into intramuscular trigylceride but this isn't really the goal and won't fill you out the same as topping off glycogen. Some of the excess protein you eat might get converted to glucose in the liver which can bonk you out of ketosis. There really isn't any benefit of this compared to a standard low fat, moderate protein, high carb refeed.

Bingo! many guys try keto diets and their excessive protein intake converts through gluconeogenesis into blood glucose and works against what they are trying to accomplish with this type of diet.

OG: you mentioned "0 carb diet" most people that train hard can accomplish ketosis staying under 50 carbs a day. Those would just be spill over type carbs from veggies, nuts etc... but a refeed is a good idea for leptin/thyroid reasons.

Last edited:
When I was getting ready for my last show I was on a 0 carb 1700 calorie diet and this is what my Sunday looked like just to give you an idea of what I did:
image.jpg

When I was getting ready for my last show I was on a 0 carb 1700 calorie diet and this is what my Sunday looked like just to give you an idea of what I did:
View attachment 78243

Actually that reminds me. sometimes(for some ,NOT an absolute) a cheat meal or even more so a cheat day can slow down fat loss or even stop progress at a certain point.

So Just adding carbs but keeping calories the same as other days can work . Thats an option if refeeds seem to stall progress.

you also can just go up to maintenance calories for a day with some carbs as that works for some.

just some options as some go too crazy with it and eat til sick.
But for those who can just eat the one reefed and have a nice meal(and maybe a desert) of their choice and back to the plan, it is a nice break from the diet and does the job.

Also, refeeds don't have to be shitty food,any carbs will do.If you want to use rice,pasta,fruit etc... fine

View attachment 78243

So you were keto all week and then had a refeed with 255g carbs? Do you weigh like 150lbs? For a good sized bodybuilder this is far from adequate in my opinion.

So you were keto all week and then had a refeed with 255g carbs? Do you weigh like 150lbs? For a good sized bodybuilder this is far from adequate in my opinion.

I agree with you to a point. When I do a ckd diet I do about 500gms of carbs on the carb up but as the weeks go by and weight goes down in order for my fat loss to continue I have to reduce the carbs during my carb up so 250 to 300 gms works well.

I agree with you to a point. When I do a ckd diet I do about 500gms of carbs on the carb up but as the weeks go by and weight goes down in order for my fat loss to continue I have to reduce the carbs during my carb up so 250 to 300 gms works well.

I noticed the opposite. As I get leaner I need more carbs during my refeed.

Same. Once I get to about 9% I have to start doing counterintuitive measures like increased carb frequency in order to continue progressing.

Same. Once I get to about 9% I have to start doing counterintuitive measures like increased carb frequency in order to continue progressing.

How old are you guys? I have found when younger like in 20's A whole day of cheat/reefed/way more carbs etc.. was needed but as you get older late 30's and above just a simple cheat meal or some carbs does the trick.

I also found when I was in my 20s I did Daniel duchaines bodyopus and atkins and although it was very effective.I hated it!! I was flat and just felt bad.

Now in my 40's I feel much better on this type of diet.more energy,clearer thinking etc.. still flat but leaner and don't mind at this age.

I'll be 42 in 6 weeks. Probably best shape of my life minus the 24/7 veins over veins I had in my 20s using tren (fina) all the time. I look healthy not crazy like back then. Lol

At the time I was cutting for a lightweight show I'm not a huge guy I competed at 151 normally about 185-190 at 5'6 I put that up as a guide line not something he should follow.

I used to straight murder anything and everything 1 day a week. then I'd use low doses of humalog to get me back keto fast. but nowadays I'll just eat a good meal of whatever I'm hungry for, usually after I lift.

idk about 250g being inadequate, even now just a few carbs fill me out then I spill over real quick. Not to mention that if you go crazy it'll typically be longer to get back into ketosis.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws