advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about ALT test on liver and DNP?

Chris288

Registered
Board,

I recently had all blood work done for work and everything looked really good except my ALT test on my liver. The normal range is 0-45 and mine was a 47.

Not excessively high, but I was asked if I used drugs, alcohol, etc. Which I do drink occasionally 2-3 times a month. No drugs or AAS in 7-10 years.

The big question is I did use DNP back earlier this year at 250mg for two 25day cycles each at one 250mg pill per day. Got great results, then switched to 2.0 for a while.

I took the test about 3 weeks ago, and have been off the DNP since first week of June of this year. Could this has caused the liver enzymes to be elevated for this test? My research is its an indicator of damaged liver.

Luckily the liver can regenerate over times and with certain herbs, but I wanted to get someone's take on this related to DNP. Had never heard DNP had any negative affect on the liver, especially at such low dose.

Thanks,

I have never heard of liver damage as a side effect of DNP usage.

DNP does not cause liver damage: “Their analyses demonstrate, beyond a doubt, that the liver does not suffer any damage in the course of dinitro treatment.” (Biological Study of Dinitro Drugs in Humans By Dr. Jacques Bell. Bell, Jacques. 1939. Etude biologique des produits dinitres chez l’homme. Medecine. 19:749-54. Translation © 1996 Robert Ames)

DNP had nothing to do with it

As you said yr just a few points over
that amount of time whether it is liver toxic or not it would be flushed out by now.
I work out prior expecially a leg routine.
acetaminophen,ibuprofen, or any other otc stuff have you taken???????????
In 5 weeks max. i get to normal no matter what I was on.

a hard workout can throw your liver values off, if you have blood drawn the day or two after.

You need to ignore this result. Your test is normal. 47 is nothing. Your liver is not under any more stress than someone who came up with a '35'
To give you an idea of what degree of urgency is warranted when interpreting liver enzyme results such as this:

If it was 100, it would be very mild evidence of liver duress. A two-four week course of oral flucloxacillin can put peoples ALP up to 150-250 for example.

An alcoholic, drinking 10 standards a day for years might have an ALT and GGT of 200. Give or take 100, really, depending on their liver.

If you have a ALP + GGT in the realm of 450+, you'd be suspicious of a biliary obstruction, choledocolithiasis, for example.

If you saw an ALP+GGT of 1500, you might think about a pancreatic cancer compressing the common bile duct.

But a result of 47, in a range of 45 being the upper lab limit, you need to ignore. the margin of error on the test, combined with circadian elevation changes in bone resorption and deposition (which also elevates ALP, by the way), combined with any strenuous exercise (which can also elevate ALP, by the way), means that this result shows one thing - your liver is fine.

I hope this long-winded post serves other people in the future to not give in to any bullshit artist that scare-mongers you into believing your liver is damaged when the levels are within 10 above the upper limit. I would change my tune ever so slightly, if that result were the liver enzymes of a 35kgs female anorexic.

Last edited:
so many things can effect this. i wouldnt worry at all. if that number was 447 well then yes thats bad. but 47 is very much ok

Thanks for all the input guys!! I really appreciate it and feel much better now. Seeing some of the values mentioned means I am completely normal.

Appreciate the time and responses.

Thanks,

Chris

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws