over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about Blood Pressure

I truly think Blood Pressure is one of the most overlooked indicators because we so easily dismiss the numbers. Take yours regularly so there are no excuses. I ignored mine for too long. Hello Cpap and heart failure.

I am on medication but I have found a natural no cost way to raise mine if it is too low. I have recorded Democratic debates and it takes less than 45 seconds to get it back up in line.

PWood

For those who've used Carditone, did it cause any lethargy or fatigue?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It hasn't for me. But I also take metformin.... So I'm also supplementing with B12. So that could offset any feelings of fatigue.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Carditone works wonders. A good starting point would be 3 tabs a day (5 tabs if your BP is 150/90 and over) until your BP settles within the normal range (110/75-120/80). When it drops, you can maintain at 1-2 tabs a day.You'll need to tweak the dosage to find the right one for you.

It may take as much as 2-3 weeks for BP to stabilise (it'll go up and down when you start taking it)but stick to it for that 2-3 and it WILL stabilise in the normal range.

anyone ever try Weider Red Yeast Rice Plus with Phytosterols?

i heard that it is supposed to help with blood pressure also

Carditone works wonders. A good starting point would be 3 tabs a day (5 tabs if your BP is 150/90 and over) until your BP settles within the normal range (110/75-120/80). When it drops, you can maintain at 1-2 tabs a day.You'll need to tweak the dosage to find the right one for you.

It may take as much as 2-3 weeks for BP to stabilise (it'll go up and down when you start taking it)but stick to it for that 2-3 and it WILL stabilise in the normal range.
I'm going into my 4th week, and I'm now getting numbers from 105-110/59-65.

Plus as I said before, it is lowering my pulse by 5+ BPM.

I may cut back to one tab and see where it settles in at after 3 weeks or so.

I couldn't imagine taking more than 2 a day!

Gotgame brought this to attention awhile back.

"Reserpine - Clinical Pharmacology
Reserpine depletes stores of catecholamines and 5-hydroxytryptamine in many organs, including the brain and adrenal medulla".

I like the way my neurotransmitters function. I'll reach for an ARB or an ACEi.

Looks really similar to mine. My diastolic is always 55-60 for some reason, but top number is higher. It's too bad because the systolic (top) number is the more important of the two. I don't really care about diastolic unless it's too low/high.

In any case, that's a good blood pressure to have. And congrats on your heart rate being so good.

Thought the diastolic was the more important one:confused:

Thought the diastolic was the more important one:confused:

A widening pulse pressure between systolic and diastolic is more detrimental on cardiovascular health than isolated systolic or diastolic.

I'm going into my 4th week, and I'm now getting numbers from 105-110/59-65.

Plus as I said before, it is lowering my pulse by 5+ BPM.

I may cut back to one tab and see where it settles in at after 3 weeks or so.

I couldn't imagine taking more than 2 a day!

This stuff is amazing. It lowered my resting heart rate as well.

A widening pulse pressure between systolic and diastolic is more detrimental on cardiovascular health than isolated systolic or diastolic.

Wait what lol?

Good thread, very informative. Checked mine this morning, normally don't bother, hubby checks his daily and he's around 109-111 over 69-72 or so. Heart disease is huge in his family.

Anyway, mine is always low, not sure if it's because I've been exercising all my life and I'm in really good shape. Plus every year when I have physical my doc tells me that all my numbers, from blood work, are perfect.

This morning: 85/52

Pretty low, I'm usually around 99/66. I have to say I feel great, strong, and lots of energy. But when I'm done for the day it's lights out. I love to sleep! Hubby tells me that when my head hits the pillow he can count to three and I'm sound asleep. Gotta have my 8 everyday!

Any comments are appreciated. I know my numbers sound low, but I feel great. Oh, I'm on the petite side, 5'5&1/2" around 112 pounds. I wear a size 0-2 and sometimes a 4 depending on the brand.

carditone is extremely effective in dropping BP and RHR. on average in all the people i have see use it including myself 1 tab a day will on average drop BP 10-15 points and heart rate 5-10 points. Its cheap and readily available, absolutely no reason for anyone to be running high numbers with this, cardio and an intelligent diet

Reserpine depletes stores of catecholamines and 5-hydroxytryptamine in many organs, including the brain and adrenal medulla".

Stewie,

Do you remember what the dosage of Reserpine was in those studies?

Before I started taking this, I had seen something along those lines but missed the amount.

But I found a few studies on Rauwolfia Serpentina with HPLC's of various plant extracts.
The percentage of Reserpine was between .o4 mg-.14 mg out of a 100mg sample.

The bottle contains 50mg of the "herb" so this worries me.

Now if this product can be detrimental to my health, I will stop taking it and pick up with a low dose amount of Telmisartan.

I'm not diagnosed with HBP, but it runs in my family and everyone has it. I think I'm just skirting around the edge with exercise and diet, but I want to keep it lower.

I got interested and started researching. Reserpine is an antipsychotic at higher dosages, but the dosage in Carditone appears to be far lower than what used to be prescribed for schizophrenia, etc. I'm interested. I think I'm going to pick up a bottle and try it at 1 cap per day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This was what I was interested in, as I assumed that the main active was reserpine. Though there is a chance that the listed ingredients are a cover for an actual pharmaceutical. Wouldn't be the first.

Edit: after looking at the reviewson Amazon, it's likely that reserpine is the active. Nasal congestion is frequently listed as a side effect, which is a common side effect of reserpine.

Last edited:

if you wrote an E-book, id buy it bro

just sayin'

I truly think Blood Pressure is one of the most overlooked indicators because we so easily dismiss the numbers. Take yours regularly so there are no excuses. I ignored mine for too long. Hello Cpap and heart failure.

I am on medication but I have found a natural no cost way to raise mine if it is too low. I have recorded Democratic debates and it takes less than 45 seconds to get it back up in line.

PWood

One of the things that makes me cringe is one a guy proudly shouts "my blood pressure is perfect" based on one doctor's visit every year or even less. I see it here and I see it on facebook.

Then when you ask them what it was, they can't even tell you. Blood pressure changes every second of the day and can vary by a ton at any moment of the day, but people want to hang on to the fact their nurse told them their blood pressure was "fine" that one time they got it checked, when they will tell you that even if your systolic is over 130-135ish. A nurse or doctor will not tell you anything is wrong with your blood pressure unless it's above 140. I don't know about you guys, but if I saw a systolic of 135, I'd want to improve the hell out of that. Any wrong move and suddenly, blood pressure is high.

I also used to be this guy at one point in time. I was going through my closet yesterday and looked back at the time I called the ambulance (anxiety attack) and saw they wrote down my blood pressure was 220/100. One time before that, I went to a doctor and it was 122/82. Granted, who knows if they used the large enough blood pressure cuff in the ambulance (they usually aren't smart enough to know to do that) but that is still off the charts high.

Last edited:
Stewie,

Do you remember what the dosage of Reserpine was in those studies?

Before I started taking this, I had seen something along those lines but missed the amount.

But I found a few studies on Rauwolfia Serpentina with HPLC's of various plant extracts.
The percentage of Reserpine was between .o4 mg-.14 mg out of a 100mg sample.

The bottle contains 50mg of the "herb" so this worries me.

Now if this product can be detrimental to my health, I will stop taking it and pick up with a low dose amount of Telmisartan.

I'm not diagnosed with HBP, but it runs in my family and everyone has it. I think I'm just skirting around the edge with exercise and diet, but I want to keep it lower.

As for dosages this really becomes a moot point. Dosages are generally done in a controlled setting. When we introduce a cocktail of other agents, this changes the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic interactions of a drugs absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion.

There's really no absolute answer. Sorry.

This was what I was interested in, as I assumed that the main active was reserpine. Though there is a chance that the listed ingredients are a cover for an actual pharmaceutical. Wouldn't be the first.

Edit: after looking at the reviewson Amazon, it's likely that reserpine is the active. Nasal congestion is frequently listed as a side effect, which is a common side effect of reserpine.

Grab a cup of coffee and kick your feet up. Very lengthy read, with citations :)

Here's every listed potential with Carditone (Reserpine).

**broken link removed**

if you wrote an E-book, id buy it bro

just sayin'

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin or end.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88