YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about blood test..what lab to use and what test?

pumpkinhead

Registered
So after a friend of mine did some blood work, I decided I have not had mine done in a VERY VERY long time and I should probably do it. couple of quick questions.

1) If I use labcorp and pay for the test myself, do any of my doctors have access to them or are they for my private use?
2) I really want to find out where my testosterone/estrogen/prolactin and all other relevant test are sitting at....do you guys know what these specific test are called? i.e. free testosterone panel 1, or panel 2... estrogen, estrodial...etc...

Thanks in advance for your input. Just trying to get normalized in my old age and stay healthy.

As far as privacy and where your results are sent, they should ask you where to send them. In your case you would just say nowhere but me. Shouldnt be an issue doing that, although they may think its strange.

I'm not sure how you go about ordering your own blood tests without a script. I know guys on here do it.

I would ask for a CBC, that will include hemoglobin and hematocrit.

As far as privacy and where your results are sent, they should ask you where to send them. In your case you would just say nowhere but me. Shouldnt be an issue doing that, although they may think its strange.

I'm not sure how you go about ordering your own blood tests without a script. I know guys on here do it.

I would ask for a CBC, that will include hemoglobin and hematocrit.

I know my RBC is high....but I also can't donate blood due to warfarin :(

I'm on warfarin for life and mine gets high. You need to get a hematologist to prescribe phlebotomys for you. I get it done about 3 or 4 times a year now. Been doing that since I had my heart attack from a big clot.

Order a whole blood viscosity. That'll tell you the the ability of blood to flow through the blood vessels. It determines how much friction the vessels are dealing with and how hard the heart has to work to pump.

A lot of people seem to either not know about this or just dont get the test maybe due to cost.

I'm on warfarin for life and mine gets high. You need to get a hematologist to prescribe phlebotomys for you. I get it done about 3 or 4 times a year now. Been doing that since I had my heart attack from a big clot.

awesome, going to look into that. I think we talked years ago after I survived a Aortic Disection.

Order a whole blood viscosity. That'll tell you the the ability of blood to flow through the blood vessels. It determines how much friction the vessels are dealing with and how hard the heart has to work to pump.

A lot of people seem to either not know about this or just dont get the test maybe due to cost.

Heart is pretty good...I see my cardiologist about 2x per year. all counts are normal except anything related to RBC....of course he asks me about it, and I think he knows the truth...but the hell if I am going to actually say it and be put on my medical record.

A slightly elevated crit is normal for what we do. The highest mine ever went was 52. The clinic I went to stopped hrt at 50. My endo was the senior guy though and started pulling both labs together. Some guys with crazy high labs need to take a deeper look for obvious reasons. He was cool af. I told him HCG was standard practice and he literally had no clue. The guy was in his late 70s. He called me and said he looked it up, that I was right, I started writing me scripts for pregnyl. I have never seen that level of commitment from an older person. He literally said "I really should be reading more but once you get to my age, You become inert. Thanks for telling me about this."

Ofc elevated cbc values can indicate cancer so they really are just doing their job but I am in agreement. I never once said exactly what I was doing. I stopped going to that clinic after he retired and I would bet you the woman who took over would have pulled me in for so much lab work so often and just made it so difficult that I would have stopped going at some point soon after.

Over the course of three years I found my crit would be elevated at 52ish using a gram or more. When I came down to TRT levels it was around 48. This was like clockwork for me. HDL/LDL/triglycerides are always diet dependent for me. My hdl was highest on keto. I think it was 62 at one point. Triglycerides have never been above normal range.

Heart is pretty good...I see my cardiologist about 2x per year. all counts are normal except anything related to RBC....of course he asks me about it, and I think he knows the truth...but the hell if I am going to actually say it and be put on my medical record.

Lol. Maldorf answered #1.

I use direct labs. Goes through labcorp usually. You want a male hormone panel, cbc, and im pretty sure the WBV is one you'll have to get separately.

As maldorf said, just have the results sent to your email. These contract companies dont care about that. They just want to get paid.

No one ever answered the simple original post question ??

So i ordered some tests on privatemdlabs recently and i used quest instead of labcorp.

I was suprised when i was at my cardiologist and they were able to pull the results up. Hes like i see here you have lab results for just estrogen and prolactin?? (he was looking on the computer for different lab work that i had done specifically through my family doc, not independent lab testing)

I'm thinking shit i had no idea you could access that lol. Didnt matter either way but something to consider if your trying to hide certain lab results from your doctor for whatever reason.

How did they know that? Did you tell them?

What state do you live in?

I can only think that maybe you accidentally filled something out or the state you live in has some crazy system.

So i ordered some tests on privatemdlabs recently and i used quest instead of labcorp.

I was suprised when i was at my cardiologist and they were able to pull the results up. Hes like i see here you have lab results for estrogen and prolactin?? I'm thinking shit i had no idea you could access that lol. Didnt mattet either way but something to consider if your trying to hide certain lab results from your doctor for whatever reason.

I was suprised when i was at my cardiologist and they were able to pull the results up. Hes like i see here you have lab results for just estrogen and prolactin?? (he was looking on the computer for different lab work that i had done specifically through my family doc, not independent lab testing)

I'm thinking shit i had no idea you could access that lol. Didnt matter either way but something to consider if your trying to hide certain lab results from your doctor for whatever reason.
They must have automatically sent it out to your cardiologist and maybe your GP on file. When doing the test you might have to specify to them that you dont want the results sent to any of your doctors. Perhaps the default is to send it out to all of your doctors.

They must have automatically sent it out to your cardiologist and maybe your GP on file. When doing the test you might have to specify to them that you dont want the results sent to any of your doctors. Perhaps the default is to send it out to all of your doctors.

The last few quest and labcorp cooperated on making their platforms more compatible so that patients who might be switching insurance would have continuity... So this may include the results database.

They sometimes lump things into the same account when you use the same email.

Sucks, in MD they just recently stopped letting people order their own independent tests. Dunno what other states had that happen too.

I know ULTA Labs does a good job. You just jump on their website, find the tests you want ( theres thousands of them but they have them pretty well categorized so you can pick what suites you best), then choose the blood draw facility near you, pay for the tests online, and take the receipt into the lab to have the blood pulled.

if you use any of the one mentioned they should just be sent to you, the last couple of times i have got labs i used jason health and used quest labs for the draw, my doc uses quest and i have not had a problem with him seeing anything, i personally started using quest over labcorp, i was going to labcorp for a non trt related issue have 2 things checked, one was coming in with in the normal range the other was a little high but the symptoms i was having just not matching what the labs showing, so went to quest and low and fucking behold they came back 2-2.5 times higher than the ref range, and i get different labs but that should not have happened, like i said the symptoms i was having were matching what quest results were, even the docs that were looking at labcorp kept saying after a couple of draws these numbers are not bad.

I know this is different but they knew what scripts I was on from the new system. I wonder if it made it on there, if possible.
Where are the list of bloods, I’ve been meaning to get mine done and can’t find the old suggestions from stewie or whatever.

Ulta labs will get sent to the account you registered with them. Very easy. I wait no longer then 4-5 days if that and there’s always a promo code floating around or ones that get sent to your email.
This months is 15% off and code is: ULTAB4FD

The last few quest and labcorp cooperated on making their platforms more compatible so that patients who might be switching insurance would have continuity... So this may include the results database.

They sometimes lump things into the same account when you use the same email.

Sucks, in MD they just recently stopped letting people order their own independent tests. Dunno what other states had that happen too.

Im in florida. Yah that definitely explains it. The cardiologist seems to have been able to access the Quest database just by using my name (or maybe social?). It seems that any bloodwork regardless of whether it was done through a primary doc or ordered through privatemdlabs or whatever was all in there. I know i didnt check any boxes saying they could share this when i ordered my tests off privatemdlabs. I think quest is just storing all of their stuff together now.

I actually didn't have a cardiologist or gp at the time of ordering that bloodwork. I didnt have those docs until about three months later when i started having heart problems. Quest clearly had some sort of database that the cardiologist was able to access. This was on my first visit.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131