over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about DC training

nidal ak

Registered
a friend of mine was asking about the concept of "one working set" in DC's program.
since i don't have alot of knowledge on DC training i tried to break it down in my head and i gave him an answer. so just want to check with you guys if i gave wrong advice

the question was: can i warm up before my working set and and how many sets?

my answer was: i was yes of course, you actually have to warm up to avoid injury and i explained if he is going to dead left 400 lbs (working set) then he has to get his body ready. and i told him if he needs 5 or 6 sets to warm up then thats ok

warm up set 1 = 100lbs
warm up set 2 = 190lbs
warm up set 3 = 250lbs
warm up set 4 = 340lbs
working set = 400lbs

is that right?

Thats correct. Definitely wanna warmup properly and pyramid up to your all out final set. Either straight set for squats and deads or your rest-pause for other movements, warm up good but try to keep each warmup to just enough to adjust to the weight increase without exhausting the muscle before your final set.

You warm up as much as you need to. Pop over to intensemuscle. Com...DC is layed out well over there.

I don't do DC training as designed by DC but I do this split twice a week with one all out set of 3-4 different exercises.

Chest/Back/Delts
Legs/Bic/Tri/Calves/Abs

Squats might look like this:
Warmup - 135x10 - 225x10
Progressive - 315x3 - 365x3 - 405x3
Workset 455x6 ... rest 3 min ... 455x3.

So when I warmup I'm looking to get blood into the muscle and stretch. When I load 135lbs on the bar I squat down as far as I can. When I squat down I try to shift my weight to the left and right foot to stretch and warmup. I might do a rep or two using a lot of lower back to warmup the lower back. I might shrug the bar to get blood in the upper back. etc. All part of the warmup.

Progressive I call getting use to heavy weight. You can't go from 225lbs to 455lbs because you need to feel the heaviness on your back. So I do sets of 3 getting up to my work set. Im already warmed up I'm just trying to get to use to having 455 on my back.

Work set ... all out.

Now that I'm doing squats I move to leg press where I'll do progressive sets. 455lbs on my back from squats I'm warm. I just need to get use to feeling a 900lbs leg press or a 4 plate hack squat so I might do leg press 600lbs x 3 reps then 750lbs for 3 reps then dive into my worksets with 900lbs.

Last edited:
Thats correct. Definitely wanna warmup properly and pyramid up to your all out final set. Either straight set for squats and deads or your rest-pause for other movements, warm up good but try to keep each warmup to just enough to adjust to the weight increase without exhausting the muscle before your final set.

This isn't true. Other movements call for straight sets and quad training typically includes 2 heavy sets in different rep ranges and then a widowmaker.

But to the OP, yes, you would take as many warm-ups as needed. Pyramid up and reduce reps as your get heavier so as to not completely fatigue before your actual rest-pause set or heavy working sets. Some bodyparts will take less to warm-up, especially after training other bodyparts beforehand. It is personal preference as to how many warm-ups are needed and one needs to be able to "feel" when they are ready to hit it.

Come join the Intensemuscle.com family. There are plenty of stickies over there with all the information you need. You don't need to post as I am sure your question can be answered in the stickies but if you do need to the experts will definitely help you. Some of the members are actually members on here. Mentalflex knows his shit on DC so I would deff get into contact with him. He will eventually see this thread and come attack it anyway :)

You could always but the DVD from true nutrition as well.

a friend of mine was asking about the concept of "one working set" in DC's program.
since i don't have alot of knowledge on DC training i tried to break it down in my head and i gave him an answer. so just want to check with you guys if i gave wrong advice

the question was: can i warm up before my working set and and how many sets?

my answer was: i was yes of course, you actually have to warm up to avoid injury and i explained if he is going to dead left 400 lbs (working set) then he has to get his body ready. and i told him if he needs 5 or 6 sets to warm up then thats ok

warm up set 1 = 100lbs
warm up set 2 = 190lbs
warm up set 3 = 250lbs
warm up set 4 = 340lbs
working set = 400lbs

is that right?

Dammit MF you beat my post by 1 freaking minute :)

This isn't true. Other movements call for straight sets and quad training typically includes 2 heavy sets in different rep ranges and then a widowmaker.

But to the OP, yes, you would take as many warm-ups as needed. Pyramid up and reduce reps as your get heavier so as to not completely fatigue before your actual rest-pause set or heavy working sets. Some bodyparts will take less to warm-up, especially after training other bodyparts beforehand. It is personal preference as to how many warm-ups are needed and one needs to be able to "feel" when they are ready to hit it.

The warmup sets should be enough for you to feel warm, but should not take away from your actual rest pause or straight set (depending on the exercise).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws