over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about Doctor Appointment, getting Blood Test

theking375

Registered
About a year ago, a friend of mine who lives in the US severely lacked energy and libido. He did blood testing through a doctor and found that his test was low. He had never done any AAS, prohormones, etc. whatsoever. He was totally 100% natural. He felt like shit and wanted help, but the doctor said it was no big deal and told him to check back in a year.

He said fuck that and hopped on test without doctor supervision. Nowadays, he is much much better but still doesn't feel 100%. He lacks energy and libido as compared to what he was just 2-3 years ago. He's in his mid-20's by the way. Anyway, he did some private blood testing and found his T4 was low and his T3 uptake was high. His Free Thyroxine was normal, but on the low end of normal. Hypothyroidism does run in his family to some extent apparently. He said his mom almost died from it.

His free Test was over 100, normal being 5-21. His estrogen was 5, with normal range being 3-70. Only other hormone out of whack at all was Cortisol which was 28, normal being 2-19. I thought the cortisol might be a little high just because he's a workout freak.

He found a new doctor and wants to get a full thyroid panel, since he suspects that as his problem. His only worry is that his new doc might want to blood test for testosterone, which is through the roof compared to the average Joe. He has insurance currently, but doesn't want anything to endanger his future coverage. Of course, he would never admit to AAS usage to the doctor, but would having super-high test levels be count on his record as a pre-existing condition that would fuck up his insurance in the future? Any advice on what he should do? Should he just ask for the thyroid panel and flat-out refuse to have his test levels checked no matter what? He's not familiar with the law. Nor am I since I wasn't born in the US and only live here part time.

His appointment is tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

His libido probably sucks because his Estrogen is so low. Not sure what ranges your are going off, but normal should be above 18 or so. He should have just come off his Testosterone a month before his testing. The doc is going to want to know what his Test levels are, not only will the doc not treat him with high test levels, his insurance would not pay anyway. Maybe at this point he should reschedule or come clean with the doc.

There's a series of possibilities that may be causing his issues. Which inevitably trace back to his low estradiol levels. His high TBG [T3 uptake] (Thyroid binding globulin) is strongly correlated to his extremely low E2. In which is unhealthy on several levels including cardiovascular events such as the possibility of thrombosis (blood clot) and if he has a family history of either hypo or hyper thyroid disease, this now could increase the possibility even further. If there's a genetic tradeoff that may predispose him to such an event. Not to mention the possibility of polycthemia from the AAS. If that may be the case if his RBC/HH is elevated.

I'm not sure if his FT was a direct measurement? If so, disregard that lab value, as it's known to be erroneous. The calculation of TT→SHBG→Albumin equates to a more reliable measurement of FT.

His cortisol being high may also be relative too his low estradiol levels. Estrogen plays a role in CBG (Cortisol binding globulin) which is again reflective of a low E2.

There's a number of lab values that are going to be off, obviously if his physician pulls any hormones. More than likely his SHBG is low, which is indicated from the low E2 (and possibly high FT). This, within itself may warrant his physician too check for diabetes and hypothyroidism. As well question him about AAS.

Your friend is going to be in a bad way if he has labs done tomorrow. Unless he wants to throw out he's been using an OTC supplement. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
His libido probably sucks because his Estrogen is so low. Not sure what ranges your are going off, but normal should be above 18 or so. He should have just come off his Testosterone a month before his testing. The doc is going to want to know what his Test levels are, not only will the doc not treat him with high test levels, his insurance would not pay anyway. Maybe at this point he should reschedule or come clean with the doc.

He emailed me his blood test and I'm looking at it now. He got checked for Estradiol, Sensitive. He was recorded at 5 pg/mL. It lists the reference interval as 3-70. It wasn't flagged as high or low because it was in that range.

So basically that Labcorp range is bullshit? 18 is optimal? I assume the best advice for him is to back off his AI to get his E2 up and thus allow other hormones to return to a level of normalcy? Is that the best course of action?

Thanks MaineGuy and Stewie for your advice.

Basically, he wanted the doc to do a full thyroid panel. But since his E2 is throwing everything off, I guess it'd be pretty much pointless, eh? I guess he just needs to abandon ship on this plan and tell the doc he has a cold. :D

If anyone else has any advice/info to chime in, I'm all ears and will deliver the message to him promptly before his doc visit tomorrow.

Last edited:
He emailed me his blood test and I'm looking at it now. He got checked for Estradiol, Sensitive. He was recorded at 5 pg/mL. It lists the reference interval as 3-70. It wasn't flagged as high or low because it was in that range.

So basically that Labcorp range is bullshit? 18 is optimal? I assume the best advice for him is to back off his AI to get his E2 up and thus allow other hormones to return to a level of normalcy? Is that the best course of action?

Thanks MaineGuy and Stewie for your advice.

Basically, he wanted the doc to do a full thyroid panel. But since his E2 is throwing everything off, I guess it'd be pretty much pointless, eh? I guess he just needs to abandon ship on this plan and tell the doc he has a cold. :D

If anyone else has any advice/info to chime in, I'm all ears and will deliver the message to him promptly before his doc visit tomorrow.

Can't he just have it checked through Private MD Labs and Labcorp? Labs aren't usually overly expensive through that site. If he just wants to see what his thyroid levels are at.

Can't he just have it checked through Private MD Labs and Labcorp? Labs aren't usually overly expensive through that site. If he just wants to see what his thyroid levels are at.

I think his reasoning was that he wanted to get treated for thyroid if it was low, therefore he needed to go through a doc.

Doctors are there to help. Tell him everything from how you feel on test and how you feel off. He isnt going to slap you or throw you in jail. Level with him so he can WORK WITH you. I tried all the denial stuff for years and then finally decided to spill the beans. Didnt help much as i had an old doc that was old school and didnt give me a script for test, but he did listen to me and we were both on the same page from that time out.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws