advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about elevated C-reactive protien from bloodwork? Need advice PLEASE!!

Had my bloodwork done, pulmonary stress test, and EKG. everything came back great minus slightly low good cholesterol and slightly high bad cholesterol (obviously from cycling I would assume) but my C-Reactive protien reading was off the chart. The range on the chart was like 1-3, 1 being low risk, 2 moderate risk, and 3 high risk "for future pulmonary/cardiovascular event" it said. My shit read 93.4!!! Now, I called the lab up and asked them about this, the woman told me it's common with bodybuilders and it was not as big of a deal as I was making it out to be. From what I've researched online this is the general definition of it;

"c-reactive protein is elevated during inflammation...its released by ur body to help in the inflammatory process, it helps in the activation of complement system. "

So I figured maybe the cycle and inflammation from the T-400 shots in my glutes could give this reading, is this possible? I was running T-400 and some insulin at the time of the test. Like I said, everything else on the test was good, and the Pulmonary stress test was fucking fantastic, took me almost 12 minutes to reach my target heart rate. Anybody familiar with c-reactive protiens, any Drs. in here?

Note; I'll be scheduling another appointment with my Dr. anyways, so dont worry about that, I just want some answers from guys who can relate. Thank you everybody

Well

Had my bloodwork done, pulmonary stress test, and EKG. everything came back great minus slightly low good cholesterol and slightly high bad cholesterol (obviously from cycling I would assume) but my C-Reactive protien reading was off the chart. The range on the chart was like 1-3, 1 being low risk, 2 moderate risk, and 3 high risk "for future pulmonary/cardiovascular event" it said. My shit read 93.4!!! Now, I called the lab up and asked them about this, the woman told me it's common with bodybuilders and it was not as big of a deal as I was making it out to be. From what I've researched online this is the general definition of it;

"c-reactive protein is elevated during inflammation...its released by ur body to help in the inflammatory process, it helps in the activation of complement system. "

So I figured maybe the cycle and inflammation from the T-400 shots in my glutes could give this reading, is this possible? I was running T-400 and some insulin at the time of the test. Like I said, everything else on the test was good, and the Pulmonary stress test was fucking fantastic, took me almost 12 minutes to reach my target heart rate. Anybody familiar with c-reactive protiens, any Drs. in here?

Note; I'll be scheduling another appointment with my Dr. anyways, so dont worry about that, I just want some answers from guys who can relate. Thank you everybody

AAS and weight training will cause these to raise.........problem is what is your real level........I would be more concerned with cancer then heart problems.....but thats just me.

After doing some research tonight, I've come to the conclusion that steroids and insulin is what most likely gave the high reading. I had muscle inflammation as well from the T-400, as well as joint issues with my knees and elbows, all of these factors combined can contribute to high levels. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to have a heart attack or anything, although it can also be caused by blockages in the arteries or possibly hardening of the arteries. At this point I just do not see the sense of getting my bloodwork retested until I lower the dosages and either go clean for awhile or on low dose HRT. Just wouldnt make sense to do it now, I'll take some anti inflammatories, clean up my diet, lower the dose and then go back in about 2 months for another test. I'm just not buying into myself being that unhealthy, I believe it's a test that isn't scientifically sound anyways after everything I've read about it. There were people on only 15mg of prednisone/day who had very high levels, so it makes sense that a gram of test/wk and some insulin would jack it through the roof

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131