over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about finasteride and dht based steroids

manly327

Banned
i have taken masteron in the past with no problem of hairloss or shedding. started up again and noticed shedding in the shower and in the sink after blow drying my hair. so i ordered 1mg finasteride from a board sponsor and am wonderiing if finasteride which blocks dht reducesthe effect that masteron has on the body. in other words does finasteride make masteron less effective

Was your hair shorter in the past? I always notice shedding more when my hair is longer, but I'm still far from balding. Sometimes it just seems like you're losing more hair, because you're paying extra attention on a cycle.

Finasteride can cause permanent sexual dysfunction. Also, finasteride can decrease the wanted side effects of dht based aas.

i have taken masteron in the past with no problem of hairloss or shedding. started up again and noticed shedding in the shower and in the sink after blow drying my hair. so i ordered 1mg finasteride from a board sponsor and am wonderiing if finasteride which blocks dht reducesthe effect that masteron has on the body. in other words does finasteride make masteron less effective

No, finasteride will have no effect on DHT based steroids. Finasteride will also not stop hair loss from DHT based steroids. It makes no sense taking finasteride with a DHT based steroid, as your naturally testosterone production is shut down, and 5AR has nothing to work on anyway.

Are you taking a progesterone based steroid along with it that you weren't using last time? DHT doesn't cause hair loss in all men, but sometimes progesterone dose, deca and eq make me shed.

No, finasteride will have no effect on DHT based steroids. Finasteride will also not stop hair loss from DHT based steroids. It makes no sense taking finasteride with a DHT based steroid, as your naturally testosterone production is shut down, and 5AR has nothing to work on anyway.

Are you taking a progesterone based steroid along with it that you weren't using last time? DHT doesn't cause hair loss in all men, but sometimes progesterone dose, deca and eq make me shed.

I thought that finasteride would destroy dht therefore making dht based aas less effective. :confused: What do you think about reported permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride, Kal?

No progesterone supps in the cycle. Just primo test and masteron. Wel i am not going to take the finasteride after the feedback i am getting dont want sexual side effects so i guess i will just deal with it. I am 48 anyway maybe its just that time in my life for my hair to say bye bye

I thought that finasteride would destroy dht therefore making dht based aas less effective. :confused: What do you think about reported permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride, Kal?

Finasteride doesn't destroy dht, it blocks some percentage of conversion of testosterone into dht.

Also I think the blanket statement about sexual dysfunction is incorrect. It effects a very small percent of men in this way, and of those it is reversible.

Finasteride doesn't destroy dht, it blocks some percentage of conversion of testosterone into dht.

Also I think the blanket statement about sexual dysfunction is incorrect. It effects a very small percent of men in this way, and of those it is reversible.

Read the studies done on finasteride. It's not a blanket statement. Permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride is very real and in many cases is not reversible.

Read the studies done on finasteride. It's not a blanket statement. Permanent sexual dysfunction from finasteride is very real and in many cases is not reversible.

I have read the studies, it's a very small percentage of people that have problems.

Testosterone is metabolized by 5AR and by Aromatase. Blocking one pathway of metabolism increases the other. Studies show a very slight increase in aromatization of testosterone to E2 by using finasteride. Increased aromatase activity can permanently lower testosterone levels.

These effects are VERY slight, however I can imagine in someone walking the edge of sexual dysfunction could be pushed over by very slight changes in these hormone levels. Like frankdux said, the percentage that has sexual dysfunction is very, very small.

I don't like finasteride, I think messing with the bodies MAIN androgen is a bad idea. However, taking any AAS probably has a much greater chance of causing permanent sexual dysfunction than finasteride. We are talking hypothetically about people on the edge of sexual dysfunction anyway...

Thanks Kal. I guess you're right Frank. I've actually run propecia twice. It did slow down shedding but did not completely stop it. I was concerned about sexual dysfunction so I stopped and will not be using it in the future regardless. Meh, hair thins out to a certain extent for all men, I've started to embrace going bald, haha.

Last edited:
Topical Finateride/ Minoxidil???

Does anyone here have experience with Finasteride/Minoxidil topical combo???

Does anyone here have experience with Finasteride/Minoxidil topical combo???

Yes, currently running both on my blast.

My hair has improved over the last 8 weeks noticeably. I'm taking 5mg Finasteride daily and 5% generic minoxidil topically twice per day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member