over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about Hernia

minister

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
This really sucks. I am getting ready for my vacation, on my last 3 weeks of cycle, finishing off with prop, mast and anavar, everything getting nice and hard, feeling great, and then I started getting this dull pain on my side right above my right groin, I thought at first it was just a pull, but 4 days ago this lump started coming through, I can actually push it back in. It hurts and looks nasty. Don't wanna go see doctor yet because he might not let me go on my trip, I'm leaving on Wednesday for Costa Rica, if I'm relaxed and resting it doesn't bother me at all, only if I start doing too much, and I'm planning on just relax on my trip. My question is ; Has anyone out there had a hernia? and Is there any danger in putting off seeing a doctor for 10 days if I will be just relaxing? God bless you my friends

One more thing, Does anyone know of anything I can use to prevent any further damage, like some sort of support, because if I put my hand over the hernia and hold it, it feels real good, but it's in a spot where I can't bandage it .Blesings friends.

I got 2 hernias prepping for a show 3 years ago. One was umbillical and one was right above the belly button. I went to the Dr and decided to finish getting ready for the show. It wasn't too bad so I waited the 3 weeks and won the LHW class and then got it fixed. As long as it doesn't impinge the intestines. Mine hadn't broken through the visceral fat yet. You should still see a Dr and have him look at it. He can't force you to have surgery, but can tell you how bad it is so you can make an informed decision.

They do make hernia belts that keep it ( hernia ) in it's place. My question to you would be about the protrusion location. Do you feel any protrusion in your scrotum or above the scrotum?

They do make hernia belts that keep it ( hernia ) in it's place. My question to you would be about the protrusion location. Do you feel any protrusion in your scrotum or above the scrotum?

The protrusion is above the scrotum, if I lay down it goes away, and when I stand up it pops out, but if I hold my side it feels normal. I looked on line and ordered a hernia truss, I think that will hold it in and prevent further damage till I see the doc in a week and a half. Let me know what you think. God bless you bro.

I got 2 hernias prepping for a show 3 years ago. One was umbillical and one was right above the belly button. I went to the Dr and decided to finish getting ready for the show. It wasn't too bad so I waited the 3 weeks and won the LHW class and then got it fixed. As long as it doesn't impinge the intestines. Mine hadn't broken through the visceral fat yet. You should still see a Dr and have him look at it. He can't force you to have surgery, but can tell you how bad it is so you can make an informed decision.

At this point it's not that severe, problem is I hurt myself at work, so worker's comp claims are a bit tricky, so if I go see the worker's compensation doc and he says that I gotta get this taken care of right away, I will lose all airfare tickets. It has been 5 days and it hasn't gotten any worse, I have been wearing abdominal support and it keeps it in, and like I said as long as i take it easy it doesn't bother me. Blessings bro.

I think this is good advice. Like this poster said, you have to be sure that it doesnt cut off the blood supply to your intestines or peritoneum. If it strangulates those structures then gangrene can set in and then you have real trouble. If there is a danger there the doc should know. I had 3 hernias repaired. One of them was an umbilical and I had it for like 15 years before I had it repaired. It was very small though and just kept getting bigger and bigger. It sounds like yours may be big. Does it cause you any pain? Pain to me would be an inidicator of trouble. The hernia I had for so long caused no pain ever really. i just got it fixed when I got 2 inguinal hernias that were painful. I decided to just get them all patched at once.

I think this is good advice. Like this poster said, you have to be sure that it doesnt cut off the blood supply to your intestines or peritoneum. If it strangulates those structures then gangrene can set in and then you have real trouble. If there is a danger there the doc should know. I had 3 hernias repaired. One of them was an umbilical and I had it for like 15 years before I had it repaired. It was very small though and just kept getting bigger and bigger. It sounds like yours may be big. Does it cause you any pain? Pain to me would be an inidicator of trouble. The hernia I had for so long caused no pain ever really. i just got it fixed when I got 2 inguinal hernias that were painful. I decided to just get them all patched at once.

yup, it causes pain if I'm on my feet for too long, it is inguinal, however it's reducible, which prevents it from getting strangulated,when I'm on my back it disappears completely, and it's small when it pops out , it's just bothersome, I think I will chance it and take my 7 day trip, wear my support belt and make the best of it, will see doctor after trip and get it fixed. What is the recovery time from surgery? I do construction work. Really appreciate the quick replies, God bless you and yours.

yup, it causes pain if I'm on my feet for too long, it is inguinal, however it's reducible, which prevents it from getting strangulated,when I'm on my back it disappears completely, and it's small when it pops out , it's just bothersome, I think I will chance it and take my 7 day trip, wear my support belt and make the best of it, will see doctor after trip and get it fixed. What is the recovery time from surgery? I do construction work. Really appreciate the quick replies, God bless you and yours.

Chances are youll be fine on the trip.

Recovery for me was tough. I think I had a lot more pain than most, but I did have 3 repaired all at once.

Its been too long for me to remember how long I took off from the gym. Do some searches on here for hernai and youll probably find my posts as well as others.

I took off at least 2 or 3 weeks from exercise all together I think. Like I said, i cant remember for sure. When I did go back to lift I didnt do any:squats, deadlifts, bentover rows, or ab work. I used moslty machines. At first I used all machines to take the stress off my core. I did not even free weight bench. You also have to come back really light weight and then slowly work your way back to doing what you normally do. I tried to use pain as my guidline. I I pushed too hard it felt uncomfortable. The two inguinal hernias are doing great.

Even with me being careful, I ended up blowing out my umbilical patch anyhow. So to this day I still have a tiny hole by my belly button. Its really small and doesnt seem to be growing. I waited like 3 months too before I did deads and squats. i think it was one of the two that tore that patch.

Chances are youll be fine on the trip.

Recovery for me was tough. I think I had a lot more pain than most, but I did have 3 repaired all at once.

Its been too long for me to remember how long I took off from the gym. Do some searches on here for hernai and youll probably find my posts as well as others.

I took off at least 2 or 3 weeks from exercise all together I think. Like I said, i cant remember for sure. When I did go back to lift I didnt do any:squats, deadlifts, bentover rows, or ab work. I used moslty machines. At first I used all machines to take the stress off my core. I did not even free weight bench. You also have to come back really light weight and then slowly work your way back to doing what you normally do. I tried to use pain as my guidline. I I pushed too hard it felt uncomfortable. The two inguinal hernias are doing great.

Even with me being careful, I ended up blowing out my umbilical patch anyhow. So to this day I still have a tiny hole by my belly button. Its really small and doesnt seem to be growing. I waited like 3 months too before I did deads and squats. i think it was one of the two that tore that patch.
Really appreciate the info Maldorf, I will do a search on hernias and get some more info. Not looking forward to surgery. Blessings to you and yours.

Really appreciate the info Maldorf, I will do a search on hernias and get some more info. Not looking forward to surgery. Blessings to you and yours.

Be sure that you get mesh. My umbilical hernia was done open and the 2 inguinals were done with a laprascope. Chances are youll have it done with a laprascope and mesh which is what you want. Be sure you get the mesh.

I had my inguinal repaired 6 weeks before my first show and was back lifting in 2 weeks. It's critical to stay down for 3-5 days following to let the inflammation go down. You'll get back on your feet faster that way. I let mine go for quite a while before I got it fixed. I only went to the doc after it got very uncomfortable lifting.
My only caution to you is concerning work comp. If you go to the doc after your vacation then it may send up red flags with your company. I'd go see the doc 2 days before your trip. He's not gonna get you in for surgery in that short period of time. You can justify pushing the surgery out claiming to get coverage for work.

I had 2 repaired. I would see a doc if you are in pain. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sounds like yours can be fixed laproscopicly and be on your way the same day. Most of these are day surgeries now. You could even get it fixed now, go on your vacation and use that time to recoup. Then take it easy when you get back home. Ease back into training. I had two inguinals fixed the same day, was home the second day. They only kept me in overnight because I was flying home. He just wanted to be safe.

Sounds like yours can be fixed laproscopicly and be on your way the same day. Most of these are day surgeries now. You could even get it fixed now, go on your vacation and use that time to recoup. Then take it easy when you get back home. Ease back into training. I had two inguinals fixed the same day, was home the second day. They only kept me in overnight because I was flying home. He just wanted to be safe.

Yeah, its an outpatient thing now. You go in to the hospital around 8am and are home by about 2pm or so. I personally was in a lot of pain, so I would not do it before the vacation unless you have at least 2 weeks till you have to leave.

Yeah, its an outpatient thing now. You go in to the hospital around 8am and are home by about 2pm or so. I personally was in a lot of pain, so I would not do it before the vacation unless you have at least 2 weeks till you have to leave.
NO BALLS..........HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA (J/K) Mal. Yea I was in plenty of pain and was walking like an old man for a few days. Made the mistake of watching some really funny movies while resting up at home...........OH SHIT THAT HURT!! New meaning to "LAUGH TILL YOU CRY" LOL.

I had my inguinal repaired 6 weeks before my first show and was back lifting in 2 weeks. It's critical to stay down for 3-5 days following to let the inflammation go down. You'll get back on your feet faster that way. I let mine go for quite a while before I got it fixed. I only went to the doc after it got very uncomfortable lifting.
My only caution to you is concerning work comp. If you go to the doc after your vacation then it may send up red flags with your company. I'd go see the doc 2 days before your trip. He's not gonna get you in for surgery in that short period of time. You can justify pushing the surgery out claiming to get coverage for work.

I'm in agreement with firebird. Your employer is looking out after their best interests. They will probably say you did it on your own time. Get it checked out before your vacation. I believe your surgeon will give you the OK for the procedure when you get back.

I'm in agreement with firebird. Your employer is looking out after their best interests. They will probably say you did it on your own time. Get it checked out before your vacation. I believe your surgeon will give you the OK for the procedure when you get back.

Thanks for the advice, I reported the injury the day it happened before I knew it was a hernia, I thought I had pulled a groin muscle,it actually took about a week before I notice the small lump , nobody at work knows I'm going on vacation since I happen to be laid off this week, so when I get back I will see Doc and tell him that the original injury got worst and I have to get it taken care of. So, I'm being truthful, just delaying treatment

Wow, that is fast, I was under the impression that it was gonna take weeks to recover. Thanks OLDFELLA, that gives me lots of hope. God bless you.

Recovery time really depends on the individual. I had two inguinal hernias repaired the same day. They did a laparoscopic repair for both. I had my operation at around 9 A.M. and was back home early that same afternoon. I also had a lot of pain afterwords...couldn't clear my throat to save my life...but I was up and moving around after a few days. I purposely took a lot of time off from the gym and took it very easy for a while afterwords, but that's only because I had 2 repaired and wanted to be careful. If you know your body, then I'm sure you can make an informed decision as we are all different. It's always best to get it checked out ASAP. Wish you the best.

Kyros

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner