over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about posing music selection

Bertucci

Registered
I just looked at V-man's thread about posing music and it got me wondering; how do those of you who compete choose your posing music? I have always though that your music choice makes or breaks a routine. For example, Frank Zane posing to "Walk" by Pantera just wouldn't work, and Dorian Yates posing to "You and I" by Stevie Wonder/Michael Buble wouldn't work, but switch the songs between the two and you have something to work with.

Is your choice carefully crafted by your routine or is it just a song you happen to like at the time?

I like somthing semi dynamic with some sort of steady beat or cadence , but I do not try to keep my poses in time with the cadence but rather use it as a timer

I always thought the music also needed to fit the physique.

You should spend the majority of your posing practice on the mandatories. Lost of people try to craft an artsy routine to music when they don't even know how to correctly do quarter turns.
Isaw a guy win an overal who had lost his psoing music. He just got out there and winged it to to some random rock the dj played. He had the show won at the prejudging.

the posing round isnt even judged so ive never understood why so many people put so much more thought and time into it than worrying about their mandatories.

The judges do watch it, but the only time it really comes into play is when 2 competitors scored realy close in the prejudging.

the posing round isnt even judged so ive never understood why so many people put so much more thought and time into it than worrying about their mandatories.

This may be the case but the theatric part of it is an element I think is missing from the shows. Take the Olympia this year, the routines were ridiculous, just a bunch of jumping around to shitty dance music.

I feel if your physique is more powerful vs graceful then your music should fit the type of physique you are presenting.

Very hard to choose music around a routine. Easier to pick a song, then formulate a routine to the music.

I have a list of songs that I want to pose to. Hard to do enough shows for all of them and I have competed in 20.

Agree that the music choices dont fit the physiques of pros. If I had a pro physique, I wouldnt be posing to that ferry shit.

Ridiculous at nationals too. 4 out of top 5 will usually pose to a female singer, WTF

The last show i did we did our routine FIRST!!!
thats right each competitor did his routine we were gathered back up and did group mandatories , the most fucked up unorganized shit ever!!

Just want you want to do is stand around in "relaxed" pose AFTER you did a routine

Staff online

• Bio
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear