over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about pro,carb,fat ratios?

MAXM

Registered
what ratios would you guys recommend (In grams per day) between protein, carbs, and fats? consuming 3500-4000 calories ( bulking phase) but also keeping fat to a mininum.
I am 5' 11" 220lbs ?
thanks for any and all info in advance!

I wouldn't discount good fats over carbs - in other words, minimal carbs and add good fats. Keep the majority of your carb intake to post-workout and Protein levels high.

I'll let others give you "percentages"

xcel

Xcel

I read often where you say you are carb sensitive. What do you try to keep your carbs at ( grams) per day, and do you ingest the carbs in some form on non-workout days that you normally take in post workout?

I am very carb sensitive and VERY sensitive to carb+fat meals. I try to avoid this at all cost!!

Thanks

carb intake to me is more of an issue of training volume, but anyways i do 120 g carbs post workout and minimal or trace amounts throughout the rest of the day which come from fiber (which doesnt count as a carb), but i will do a carb load day every so often in which ill really load it

Mr Magoo

What do you weigh?

How fast is your metabolism??

Hmm

4000 cals, You are close to my build, im 6'2 225-190ish depending on what im doing. SO here is my bulk ratios

1600 cals from protein or 400 protein
1200 cals from Carbs or 300 Carbs
1200 cals from Fat or 133 grams of fat.

My ideas would be to use carbs early and then shift to fats later in the day. Using Olive oil, flax oil, steaks, eggs, <-- Whole eggs,

Healthy carbs, Oats, whole wheat bread, basiclly complex carbs.
SImple sugars post workout.

I recomend post workout 100 carbs, 80 protein, 4 fat because of 1 gram of fat per shake, a 756 calorie Shake. This Shake should be taken with ALA .

vitor
exactly what I was looking for thanks!

Re: Xcel

COASTAL said:
I read often where you say you are carb sensitive. What do you try to keep your carbs at ( grams) per day, and do you ingest the carbs in some form on non-workout days that you normally take in post workout?

I am very carb sensitive and VERY sensitive to carb+fat meals. I try to avoid this at all cost!
Since I'm in pre-contest mode, I take 50g dextrose in my post workout protein (~70g) drink. I eat within the hour, which includes 10 eggs, "some" unsweetened applesause mixed in with ~1/4 cup oats. Then as magoo said "incidental" carbs, which includes green veggies with 2 meals - ~an additional 50g carbs.

xcel

BULKING EXCEL??

How would that change if bulking?

Don't mean to wake a dead horse, but....

going to bump this back up!:D

Well, I'm not one to suggest "bulking" as I don't believe in it. Here's what I mean. You gain weight, hopefully most of it is muscle but usually "more fat" than desired. Then you cut to lose that extra fat and end up losing most of the muscle you just gained!?!? I got sick and tired of that yo-yo effect. So I do what I call a "lean bulk." I just add more of the same foods, generally more fats, until I start to gain weight. Then I get my body composition checked to verify that I'm not just getting fat.

For me, this is around 4,000 to 4,500 calories as described above.
I will bump the post cycle dextrose as high as 100g.

xcel

ratios

Its hard to ask ratios or even calories as everyone is so different. One can relly just tell you what they do that works and it comes down to expermentation on your own. You'll just have to play around and see what works. I know for me it takes a 33/33/33 ratio in calories not grams. And I need 2g of Pro tein per lb of body weight while bulking. So you can figure up everything from there.
at a bodyweight of 220lbs I was needing
400g protein 1600K
400g carbs 1600K
175g fat 1600K = 4800 K per day.
100g HI glyc carbs would be post training and another 100g 1 hour later.
That would leave me with 200g of low to medium glyc carbs for the other 4-5 meals.
Protein is spread evenly throughout the day @ 66-75 grams per meal. usually alternating predigested with real food protein sources. That would leave me getting mostly good fats in the form of flax and various fats. I have a hard time gaining and I am not carb sensative. I have to eat like that above for 5-6 weeks before I even loose my abs. And only a little smoothness then. If I really want to bulk I need about another 1500 calories per day. Which I usually try and get most of that at 3:00am when I prepare a shake then I set my alarm and get up and slam it and go right back to bed. SO to really bulk I need 6000+K.
thats when I was 6'2 220-225 at 8-9%.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner