over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about saw palmetto

Fatty_S

Newbies
Been having problems during the night for a few years, wake up between 2 to 7 times, have to go to the toilet sometimes for a few drips. It feels a lot like cramps that go to a point where you wake up

The last 3 years I went 2 times to a different urologist and they both said my prostate is not enlarged. What is strange that during daytime I don't have any problems. Three weeks ago I started a cycle of 500 mg test enanthate and it got worse again (before about 2-4 times, now I am back at 5 to 7 times). I did my last inject about a week ago and I am not going to run test again (been cycling for more then 12 years where I went up to 2gr test or 3,5 grams total. When I saw a few years back that it got worse my cycles never got over 1 gram total anymore). I was also taking periactine (purpose: give more appetite). It had the positive side effect that I slept better with it and the cramps weren't as heavy. For a few months it is off the market in my country, which is Belgium.

Because I do not want to take finasteride I wanted to give saw palmetto a try. We are now 3 days later but don't notice to much difference.

1.Anybody noticing the same problems?
2.When do you start seeing the results of s.p.
3.Periactin is off the market in my country. Can I purchase it somewhere else?
4.Other suggestions to stop/reduce the problem

Thnx in advance!

Last edited:
Been having problems during the night for a few years, wake up between 2 to 7 times, have to go to the toilet sometimes for a few drips. It feels a lot like cramps that go to a point where you wake up

The last 3 years I went 2 times to a different urologist and they both said my prostate is not enlarged. What is strange that during daytime I don't have any problems. Three weeks ago I started a cycle of 500 mg test enanthate and it got worse again (before about 2-4 times, now I am back at 5 to 7 times). I did my last inject about a week ago and I am not going to run test again (been cycling for more then 12 years where I went up to 2gr test or 3,5 grams total. When I saw a few years back that it got worse my cycles never got over 1 gram total anymore). I was also taking periactine (purpose: give more appetite). It had the positive side effect that I slept better with it and the cramps weren't as heavy. For a few months it is off the market in my country, which is Belgium.

Because I do not want to take finasteride I wanted to give saw palmetto a try. We are now 3 days later but don't notice to much difference.

Thnx in advance!

Ask your doctor to do a PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test. It's a blood test that will give you a qualitative measurement for prostate enlargement. That way you can repeat the test in the future to see if the number is the same or getting larger.

It's more sensitive, and less subjective that the digital exam.

I have done an echography 2 times where they didn't notice anything special, certainly willing to try this also. Thnx for your reaction

Try drinking less later in the evening, especially if the beverage contains caffeine....or alcohol

Ask your doctor to do a PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test. It's a blood test that will give you a qualitative measurement for prostate enlargement. That way you can repeat the test in the future to see if the number is the same or getting larger.

It's more sensitive, and less subjective that the digital exam.

What should the psa be?

Are you thirsty a lot?
Check your blood sugars just in case.

Also, I've had prostatitis before; make sure you drink a lot of water during the day. Strong/concentrated urine irritates the prostate as it can back-flow into the prostate gland itself.
Avoid alcohol and tons of coffee ect.

Are you thirsty a lot?
Check your blood sugars just in case.

Also, I've had prostatitis before; make sure you drink a lot of water during the day. Strong/concentrated urine irritates the prostate as it can back-flow into the prostate gland itself.
Avoid alcohol and tons of coffee ect.

All that is ok, except for the coffee, drink about 5 cups/day so not too much. After 5pm I only drink decafeine, don't drink any alcohol at all.

Anyone having the same problems? Only during night, not during the day. I was thinking about taking deca 3-400mg only for the next cycle. I know it sucks but it's the only thing that is not converting to dht or isn't a dht derivate. I heard it even lowers dht. Boldenone is another option but I read that there has been research that proves it makes little holes in the prostate, don't know if it's true but not willing to take the risk! Any other AAS I could stack with the deca?

Thnx for everybody's advice!

i have a similar problem thats been going on for over twenty years-frequent urination throughout the day and waking up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom-when the problem started many years ago i went to the doctor-they checked my prostrate,they checked me for diabetes , they injected me with ivp dye and x-rayed my torso area(kidneys,liver,bladder etc.), and never found anything-here i am 23 years later peeing all day and night-it sucks but the docs say nothing is wrong

Thnx in advance!

Quite interesting. My main advice here is to find a urologist with whom you are both comfortable and confident. It sounds like you are not getting good answers from your medical team. You really don't want to f*ck around with (possible) prostate issues - especially if you want to be taking AAS, having sex, etc. down the line. I'm saying, "take this seriously and get good answers and care". Seriously bro.

Saw palmetto is pretty weak stuff, but helps some people. Not much downside. Finasteride, if your doc wants you to try it, makes sense and is way more effective. Some people get sides, but many don't. (I took it for hairloss, and had no problems even when not taking test). If you get unacceptable sides, you stop. That's all.

I'm not comfortable encouraging you to be your own urologist and try a bunch of home remedies. Go get proper care! But I will mention 2 things that influenced my own nighttime urination patterns. (1) When my E2 is low, I seem to go less. (2) beta-alanine (which increases carnosine in tissues) reduced some mild tenderness and stopped the 3am bathroom trip. I know of no science behind this - just my personal experience.

Quite interesting. My main advice here is to find a urologist with whom you are both comfortable and confident. It sounds like you are not getting good answers from your medical team. You really don't want to f*ck around with (possible) prostate issues - especially if you want to be taking AAS, having sex, etc. down the line. I'm saying, "take this seriously and get good answers and care". Seriously bro.

Saw palmetto is pretty weak stuff, but helps some people. Not much downside. Finasteride, if your doc wants you to try it, makes sense and is way more effective. Some people get sides, but many don't. (I took it for hairloss, and had no problems even when not taking test). If you get unacceptable sides, you stop. That's all.

I'm not comfortable encouraging you to be your own urologist and try a bunch of home remedies. Go get proper care! But I will mention 2 things that influenced my own nighttime urination patterns. (1) When my E2 is low, I seem to go less. (2) beta-alanine (which increases carnosine in tissues) reduced some mild tenderness and stopped the 3am bathroom trip. I know of no science behind this - just my personal experience.

Thnx for your advice, appreciate

What is E2

Thnx in advance!

I never had luck with saw palmetto myself. It jsut didnt do much for me even when used in different dosages and different brands. I ALWAYS get sore nipples when I use it (and i'm not gyno prone).

I never had luck with saw palmetto myself. It jsut didnt do much for me even when used in different dosages and different brands. I ALWAYS get sore nipples when I use it (and i'm not gyno prone).

Anybody having good results with finasteride and not having them with saw palmetto. I'm on it for 2 weeks now without noticing any improvement

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131