over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about stalled diet

ATP

Registered
Hi, I have been on a keto diet for about a month and recently the fat loss has stalled, so I am looking for suggestions to get it going again.

As background:

STATS
I am 40 yrs old, 6'1', 220lb, maybe 14-15%bf? (I really don't have a clue, but my abs are only faintly visible in the right light (lol)).

DIET
~2200-2400 calories/day, ~.75g fat and ~1g protein per lb bodyweight. One cheat meal once a week after a long hike (see cardio, below).

TRAINING
MWF using high-volume, usually 1-2 body parts per training session.

CARDIO
MWF: 30 minute LISS after training sessions; TR: 45-60 minute LISS sessions; Sa: 10–15mi hike w/15lb backpack with elevation gain.

Rest day (no training or cardio): Sunday

SUPPLEMENTS:
300g T/wk; 4iu hgh/day; 50mcg T3/day
I only started the hgh and T3 about 10 days ago. I would also like to add peptides soon.

Although my bodyweight has stayed the same for the past week or so, I do think I look a little leaner in the mirror (possibly that's just wishful thinking, though).

Do you think I should cut calories further? When I read about guys who cut on 3,000 calorie diets, I get very confused. I thought the most important principle of weight loss is calories expended > calories consumed.

Should I increase my cardio? My recovery time is not what it was 20 years ago, so I am worried about overtraining and possible injury.

Should I get plastic surgery and liposuction? Just kidding! :p

I know that fat loss isn't supposed to be rocket science, but I have the literacy of a third-grader when it comes to this.

Any and all suggestions and help welcome!

Well, one possibility is that you are retaining some water from the hgh, and thus your weight hasn't changed even though you may have lost a few lbs.

The other thing could just be that your metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Your one cheat meal after your hike is mist likely only restoring lost glycogen and not boosting your metabolism.
I would try one whole cheat day and see if that doesn't rev you up. Focus on carbs, keep the fat lower and get your protein in.

Well, one possibility is that you are retaining some water from the hgh, and thus your weight hasn't changed even though you may have lost a few lbs.

The other thing could just be that your metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Your one cheat meal after your hike is mist likely only restoring lost glycogen and not boosting your metabolism.
I would try one whole cheat day and see if that doesn't rev you up. Focus on carbs, keep the fat lower and get your protein in.

I hadn't thought about water from the gh. I'll bet that is definitely part of it.

So with the extra cheat meals, you think I should keep the total cals the same or higher than what I am eating currently? In other words, I should not be cutting calories further?

Thanks for your help.

I would say for at least one more week after your cheat day to keep everything the same. That way you can see if it did anything or not. Now, you are gonna gain weight the day after your cheat, hut its just water and stored glycogen. You will lose that and baseline at your pre cheat weight in 2 to 3 days, you should end the week in a loss as compared to the previous week.

I would say for at least one more week after your cheat day to keep everything the same. That way you can see if it did anything or not. Now, you are gonna gain weight the day after your cheat, hut its just water and stored glycogen. You will lose that and baseline at your pre cheat weight in 2 to 3 days, you should end the week in a loss as compared to the previous week.
Thanks for the follow-up. I'll give that a try.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear