over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about T3 and TSH levels

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Figured I would ask this crowd since many have experience with taking T3 only.

My question is how much T3 can you get away with taking that doesn’t fully suppress your TSH levels? 12.5mcg? 25mcg?

I’m trying to add a little T3 without totally shutting down my TSH production. Yes, it’s possible. I just don’t know at which dose TSH shuts down.

Dose depends on you bro, what works for others may not work for you... The best is always to start low and test after a few weeks and see how you feel

I go with 12.5 as recommended by Dante. Helps me keep bodyfat under control while bulking but doesn’t turn me into a furnace

I go with 12.5 as recommended by Dante. Helps me keep bodyfat under control while bulking but doesn’t turn me into a furnace
This is what I would recommend as well. 25mcg is basically a replacement dose, so 12.5mcg should be enough to get some benefit without completely shutting down TSH. I would get bloodwork done to confirm though, especially since it's easy to just get a T3/T4/TSH panel and adjust dosing accordingly to really make sure you're dialed in properly.

Figured I would ask this crowd since many have experience with taking T3 only.

My question is how much T3 can you get away with taking that doesn’t fully suppress your TSH levels? 12.5mcg? 25mcg?

I’m trying to add a little T3 without totally shutting down my TSH production. Yes, it’s possible. I just don’t know at which dose TSH shuts down.
Your body will try to reach equilibrium, there is a certain thyroid level it "wants" to be at, any boost you gain from taking T3 will eventually be lost to this effect. If you take less than a full replacement dose (whatever that may be for you) your body will still produce some TSH (and thus some T3). This is why taking T3 creates a temporary effect unless you continually, incrementally, increase the dose over time. All this assumes a normally functioning thyroid gland.

Full replacement dose is usually more than 25mcg, usually closer to 50, sometimes upwards of 75.

Your body will try to reach equilibrium, there is a certain thyroid level it "wants" to be at, any boost you gain from taking T3 will eventually be lost to this effect. If you take less than a full replacement dose (whatever that may be for you) your body will still produce some TSH (and thus some T3). This is why taking T3 creates a temporary effect unless you continually, incrementally, increase the dose over time. All this assumes a normally functioning thyroid gland.

Full replacement dose is usually more than 25mcg, usually closer to 50, sometimes upwards of 75.
I think you nailed it. I was doing GREAT on 12.5mcg but the brain fog symptoms came back so now I don’t know whether to raise the dose and suppress my TSH fully, or come off and reset so my body has a tolerance again.

This is what I would recommend as well. 25mcg is basically a replacement dose, so 12.5mcg should be enough to get some benefit without completely shutting down TSH. I would get bloodwork done to confirm though, especially since it's easy to just get a T3/T4/TSH panel and adjust dosing accordingly to really make sure you're dialed in properly.
I can get labs in about two weeks which I plan to do before making any dose adjustments

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131