over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about T3/T4 output good or bad on cycle

Chris288

Registered
I have seen this discussed previously regarding T3/T4 production while taking DNP.

Some say to add T3 while taking DNP, others say it's not really necessary as DNP takes over the fat burning process.

Even that it's counterproductive because DNP is protein sparing and T3 isn't, so while taking DNP it is easier to hold onto muscle.

I have never ran T3 with my DNP before. Thinking of doing a low dose run and not sure if I should DNP.

Also heard T3 shutdown on DNP is dose dependant based on amount of DNP and length of time.

600mg DNP can shut u down in a week, but 200mg it takes about 3 weeks.

So would 100mg DNP shut you down in 6 weeks or not at all?

Then is all this irrelevant as do u guys prefer the shut down to help with protein sparing?

Just want my ducks in a row before I start cutting.

FYI for me I can't do the high dose blast anymore because of my suit n tie jov, so looking at runs of 250mg for longer duration.

Just curious what u guys think

Edit above- should read not sure if I should add T3. Not DNP. I am taking the DNP, not sure if I should add T3.

I don't see any reason why you would need to run t3 with dnp...or why anyone would ever need to run dnp for 6 weeks or go up to 600mgd with it

Thanks Heavy. I have heard people recommend it, but personally I have never taken T3 with DNP

I have seen this discussed previously regarding T3/T4 production while taking DNP.

Some say to add T3 while taking DNP, others say it's not really necessary as DNP takes over the fat burning process.

Even that it's counterproductive because DNP is protein sparing and T3 isn't, so while taking DNP it is easier to hold onto muscle.

I have never ran T3 with my DNP before. Thinking of doing a low dose run and not sure if I should DNP.

Also heard T3 shutdown on DNP is dose dependant based on amount of DNP and length of time.

600mg DNP can shut u down in a week, but 200mg it takes about 3 weeks.

So would 100mg DNP shut you down in 6 weeks or not at all?

Then is all this irrelevant as do u guys prefer the shut down to help with protein sparing?

Just want my ducks in a row before I start cutting.

FYI for me I can't do the high dose blast anymore because of my suit n tie jov, so looking at runs of 250mg for longer duration.

Just curious what u guys think

Where did you read 600mg DNP can "shut you down" in a week? Just curious, this is not my experience. I advocate the use of T3 on longer cycles of DNP. Basically over time the lack of glycogen can and WILL alter thyroid levels in a negative manner, but the "length" of time this takes to happen, I've never seen it DOCUMENTED. Personally, if I run DNP for under 14 days, I've been fine. Not to mention at doses of 600mg+, you're going to be losing serious weight T3 or no T3. I just keep my cycles to 2 weeks and cycle on and off to avoid the usage of T3. And I use DNP to upwards of 800mg. My fat loss has NEVER stalled at this high of a dose, but I have run 200mg-400mg doses at longer periods where I did notice complete stallouts in weight loss after a certain period of time. I have ATTRIBUTED this partially to thyroid downregulation but I can't say for SURE that's even what it is. Only bloodwork would tell for sure. I just like to be safe on longer runs and use T3 so I'm getting the best out of whatever fat loss I'm looking to achieve. Using T3 can be effective, it just requires a healthy amount of AAS to counteract any potential muscle loss.

Thanks epoxy. Not sure where I read it, it was on a board but probably bro science.

Really appreciate the input. This was exactly what I was looking for. I cannot run higher dose cycles anymore anyway, but the 21 day at 250 is generally what I do then take 10 days or so off with a carb up.

Never taken T3 so not sure if it would really make a difference.

Thanks

BTW all AAS I am taking right now is 270mg on TRT. Will keep it there until I get a little leaner then it's on.

Thanks

BTW all AAS I am taking right now is 270mg on TRT. Will keep it there until I get a little leaner then it's on.

Thanks

will be enough for dnp since it isn't directly catabolic.

but if i were running t3 i care enough about the muscle gains that i have spent god knows how many years trying to make to use a solid gram of AAS to ensure i lose nothing.

you'll be fine at that dose of dnp. worse comes to worse, you stall after a couple weeks and the scale stops moving, add 1 more cap of dnp and keep going. for me it doesn't become intolerable in a work environment until im above 600mg, especially when it's still winter.

i like 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. 36 hour half life, wait 3 days or so before you do any kind of "carb load" - and keep it light. it doesn't take 1000g of carbs a day to replenish your glyocgen stores -- and you also have to take into consideration if your thyroid is impaired at some point from the lack of glycogen whilst being on dnp, then isn't that carbload going to translate to potentially putting unwanted fat BACK on after you JUST went through the nightmare of being on DNP for nearly a month of your life?

Last edited:
Epox- that is something I have never thought about. Damn good point on the carb up.

I have always done the carb up 3 days after last DNP dose, did a depletion workout, carb loaded 800g and did power workout.

Never thought about thyroid being impaired since I don't take T3.

Honestly going to stop Carbing up like that as not sure if thyroid output is normal.

Thanks so much great advice

Epox- that is something I have never thought about. Damn good point on the carb up.

I have always done the carb up 3 days after last DNP dose, did a depletion workout, carb loaded 800g and did power workout.

Never thought about thyroid being impaired since I don't take T3.

Honestly going to stop Carbing up like that as not sure if thyroid output is normal.

Thanks so much great advice

No worries, you're welcome. Honestly I just go back to my pre-cutting diet after I finish the DNP. My "normal" maintenance calories only include 250-300g of carbs and I fill back out JUST fine within a week.

I *do* however recommend keeping the fat intake low for at least a week after cessation of DNP. My fat intake ON DNP is about 30g a day TOPS and I keep it that way for about a week after.

Last edited:
Rather vague statement that thyroid hormones aren't protein sparing. I've seen individuals over the years pass-around 1 study (maybe there's others, I dunno?) done on calorie restricted obese individuals. Theses same purported guru's readily translate this too individuals that use PED's taking in copious amounts of protein. Nor are these PED users in a severe long-term calorie restricted state.

Thyroid hormones stimulate protein synthesis and degradation in a physiological state, in which can have anabolic properties.

On the other hand, individuals that use supraphysiological doses of liothyroinine inducing factitious hyperthyroidism are susceptible to catabolism. Think hypermetabolism.

Both DNP and T3 influence mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation. Together, it's in a synergistic manner. Use less of both, kinda smart anyway if one was too use both.

Last edited:
What Stewie said, lol. If you were taking t3 to compensate for reduced output from the DNP then it would be only in the 12.5-25mcg range, which is not really catabolic. Hammering it at over 50mcg would not be just replacement and could perhaps be catabolic.

Pretty much anY fat burning compound can reduce your natural thyroid output temporarily as your body tries to achieve homeostasis, don't think it is sort unique to DNP.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws