over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about training fasted

PoptartPsycho

Registered
Going to give this a go...

I won't eat past 8:30PM each night. Wake up at 8am and train at 10:30am. My question is if I have an energy drink before the gym (Rock Star Pure Zero - zero sugar, zero carbs) does that ruin my fasted stated? I drink water most of the day and do not drink coffee so a little pep is what I need.

What does your nutrition look like the day before training and day after training? What type of training?

I don't think the energy drinks will have a negitive effect on your "fasted" state unless they have something that causes an insulin response.

So what exactly is it you are trying to accomplish by Training fasted?

caffeine and fasted training is an excellent combination for catabolism :eek:

What does your nutrition look like the day before training and day after training? What type of training?

Around 3500-4000 calories a day, 250 grams of protein.

After training my first two meals will consist of protein from a white source. (Chicken or fish). I don't use shakes or anything.

Weight training, bodybuilding style. Reps in the 10- 12 range. 15 range for quads and calves.

Around 3500-4000 calories a day, 250 grams of protein.

After training my first two meals will consist of protein from a white source. (Chicken or fish). I don't use shakes or anything.

Weight training, bodybuilding style. Reps in the 10- 12 range. 15 range for quads and calves.

I personally would only do fasted cardio.

If your goal is fat loss and you are carb backloading the night before your fasted wo that may work for you. I just don’t see this being optimal for building/maintaining your musculature. You’re getting 1000 calories daily from protein. What’s The remaining 2500-3000 calories break down between carbs/fats?

I've had very good results with semi-fasted training in the AM when trying to get lean but drugs helped

6am: 100mcg ghrp-2/100 mod grf+ 2iu hgh
7am: lift...intra workout was 15g EAAs+2g citruline+ 5g glutamine

Keep volume down and lower rep ranges. You don't have a lot of glycogen to spare. Then macros were evenly spaced in the next 5 meals. But I was trying to lean down. For adding size, not a good idea

I am on TRT (legit) and tend to have my biggest carb meal in the evening. The other meals prior are low carb / high fat type.

I am in my mid 40's, have a torn labrum and realize that building a ton of muscle and dazzling everyone by entering my first show, then winning a pro card at my second show and then cracking the Top 3 at next year's Olympia - all on my first try - just isn't going to happen.

I am 5'9", 205, not sure of my body fat but all abs are visible and my inner quads still have some feathering and striations. (Legs being my best body part any way). Chest is down slightly due to limited exercises that I can do pain free. (cable cross overs, slight incline dumbell presses as long as I keep the 'bells pressed together against one another the entire movement, one arm unilateral presses in the Hammer Strength where I sit turned to the side and press the handle across my body.. for inner chest).

Basically I want to utilize the fasting period to keep what I got without adding fat.

What is your volume like? I think if you’re doing more hit/dc high intensity lower volume that would sound more reasonable.

My last meal is around 8:00 PM....and then I train around 3:30-4:00 am each morning. But the bulk of my carbs come post workout and the next two meals which the last one is around 1:00 PM. After that I typically have no carbs the rest of the day with the last meal containing mostly protein and fiber.

I have been doing this for years to maintain or lose weight when needed. Right now as I am trying a slow recomp...I just add more carbs in during the time frame that I am currently already using.... Just upping my calories slightly. But I am doing this to try and stay lean while gaining...something that is very slow progress.

But I have done it both ways with carbs all day long in each meal.

Honestly in your case if you are just trying to maintain....I don't think it would really matter training fasted or not. As long as you are getting a good mixture of Macros across the day without exceeding your Total Daily Expenditure...you will more than likely stay right around the same weight.

What is your volume like? I think if you’re doing more hit/dc high intensity lower volume that would sound more reasonable.

Because of my torn labrum, I can't generate enough intensity needed for heavy weights for chest, shoulders or triceps to train the HIT or DC method.

I do about 9 sets, reps 10-12 except for legs which are 15.

Some people are real strict and say caffeine or nicotine will break the fast. I personally don't count it. I do demolition and concrete work Everyday and train after that. I don't eat anything until after my workout when cutting and feel fine doing it this way. So I eat all my calories between 6 and 8 pm so about a two hour windo on 2500 calories. Much above 3000 I spread it out usually. I'lleat at 12:30 then between 6 and 8 so a 7 and a half hour window. You get used to fasted training.

I've tried training fasted a few times and absolutely hated it.

Feel like shit the whole day after doing it. Some people don't have a problem with it but to me for maintaing and gaining muscle size it's not going to happen.

I train best after eating and drinking water all day with plenty of carbs and sodium in my body.

Benefits of training after eating:
Better pumps, better strength, nutrients and amino acids in your blood stream. I'm awake.

The least I'll do is have a pretty big breakfast if I train in the morning with at least 2 liters of water before training and 2 during with added leucine after the meal to stimulate MTOr.

I think fasted "cardio" is great but the way I train there is absolutely too much muscle breakdown to train fasted. I guess if you do foo foo weight training you could possibly get away with it

I've tried training fasted a few times and absolutely hated it.

Feel like shit the whole day after doing it. Some people don't have a problem with it but to me for maintaing and gaining muscle size it's not going to happen.

I train best after eating and drinking water all day with plenty of carbs and sodium in my body.

Benefits of training after eating:
Better pumps, better strength, nutrients and amino acids in your blood stream. I'm awake.

The least I'll do is have a pretty big breakfast if I train in the morning with at least 2 liters of water before training and 2 during with added leucine after the meal to stimulate MTOr.

I think fasted "cardio" is great but the way I train there is absolutely too much muscle breakdown to train fasted. I guess if you do foo foo weight training you could possibly get away with it
As I said before, for what he is doing I don't think it necessary.

But I have trained fasted for years. I like not having anything in my stomach. I think your body adapts as it needs to as I've followed a Wendler Hybrid system training 3-4 days on with a day off. Definitely not foo foo training as I'm focusing on the big lifts...Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead Press.

Its really the only way I can train as I'm in the gym at 3:30am as before work is the only time I can get in.

But I have hit maxes of 5 plates on the first two lifts, 4 plates on the third lift, and two plates on the last lift all while training fasted and weighing around 210lbs at the time.

Granted I eat my last meal pretty late...so I'm sure there is enough fuel left over for when I do get up and train....plus I'm using an intra shake during my workout.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

As I said before, for what he is doing I don't think it necessary.

But I have trained fasted for years. I like not having anything in my stomach. I think your body adapts as it needs to as I've followed a Wendler Hybrid system training 3-4 days on with a day off. Definitely not foo foo training as I'm focusing on the big lifts...Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead Press.

Its really the only way I can train as I'm in the gym at 3:30am as before work is the only time I can get in.

But I have hit maxes of 5 plates on the first two lifts, 4 plates on the third lift, and two plates on the last lift all while training fasted and weighing around 210lbs at the time.

Granted I eat my last meal pretty late...so I'm sure there is enough fuel left over for when I do get up and train....plus I'm using an intra shake during my workout.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I have also squatted and pulled 500+lbs fasted. not exactly foo foo. I got to where i could train at fasted hour 16 or 17 and be fine. then 3 big 900 calorie meals then bed. I stayed lean as shit. i wasnt trying to add size, just strength. i also was using 5/3/1 with DC accessories trainng EOD.

and like i said above, hgh and peptides go a long way when tyring to do some fasting for body recomp.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420