over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about training on Palumbo/keto diet

ATP

Registered
To any guys who ran the Palumbo keto diet (high protein, moderate fats, very low carbs): How did you train?

Right now, after my warm-up sets, I do 6-9 sets for each body part and 6-10 reps per set. For example, my chest workout this week was 3 sets of incline dumbbell press, 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of machine flyes, all in the 6-10 rep range. Is that too much volume for this kind of diet?

In case it matters, here is my current split:
Su Legs
M Chest, Cardio
T Back, Cardio
W Cardio
R Shoulders, Abs, Cardio
F Arms, Cardio
Sa OFF

Thanks in advance for the help.

Keto Diet and training

The first two weeks are rough during your body getting accustomed to the transition. Initially strength and stamina go down. I do a body part a diet and volume train, with the first movement or two being heavy, lower volume.
The weight loss is profound with glycogen depletion and I did tend to feel flat.
Strength and stamina did come back after two weeks. I did take a little longer in between movements to give a little more time to convert fat to energy and get refreshed. As refreshed as one can get in between movements that is.
The thing I noticed most on keto is the inability to push through one more rep last rep. Crazy. Usually when I'm carbed up, and feel I've done all the reps I can on the current set, I can usually push out atleast one more rep. Unable to do this on keto, start the rep, and not able to complete it.

Hope this helps.

Answer to your question.

No I don't think thats too much.

The information is out there. You train high intensity and medium-high volume.
9-15, maybe 18 sets per bodypart are normal.

Thanks guys.

The first two weeks are rough during your body getting accustomed to the transition. Initially strength and stamina go down. I do a body part a diet and volume train, with the first movement or two being heavy, lower volume.

The weight loss is profound with glycogen depletion and I did tend to feel flat.

Strength and stamina did come back after two weeks. I did take a little longer in between movements to give a little more time to convert fat to energy and get refreshed. As refreshed as one can get in between movements that is.

The thing I noticed most on keto is the inability to push through one more rep last rep. Crazy. Usually when I'm carbed up, and feel I've done all the reps I can on the current set, I can usually push out atleast one more rep. Unable to do this on keto, start the rep, and not able to complete it.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks. I have noticed I need longer recovery between sets, too. I used to take 60 sec rests, but now I need at least 90-120 sec, and I feel longer might even be more beneficial. Glad to know this improves afte a couple of weeks? How many sets and reps do you do for each body part, and what's your split like?

The information is out there. You train high intensity and medium-high volume.

9-15, maybe 18 sets per bodypart are normal.

Can you translate high intensity into a rep range? I see this term used a lot, but it seems a bit amorphous. Thanks.

9 sets PER WEEK of chest ?? You are fine LOL.....

The answer was in what you quoted. 9-15 reps

That's what I thought at first, too, but actually the 9-5 refers to sets, not reps. I would like to know what rep range people mean when they say "high intensity" or "high-medium" intensity... that sort of thing. Thanks.

That's what I thought at first, too, but actually the 9-5 refers to sets, not reps. I would like to know what rep range people mean when they say "high intensity" or "high-medium" intensity... that sort of thing. Thanks.

Not sure about that. I read it as 9-15 reps for 18 sets per body part.

As far as "intensity" I consider that IMHO the amount of effort put into a set not necessarily a specific rep range.

Not sure about that. I read it as 9-15 reps for 18 sets per body part.

As far as "intensity" I consider that IMHO the amount of effort put into a set not necessarily a specific rep range.

Oh, maybe that's right. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear