over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question and Suggestion about RAW MILK

omoplata

Registered
I am reading the discussions here on Raw Milk with great interest and was just sharing some of them with a veterinarian friend who worked a lot with cows.

First of all, when you guys say Raw Milk, do you mean milk that has not been subjected to any heat whatsoever? As in the farmer milks the cow, you bring it home and just gulp it down? My buddy was suggesting placing it on the oven, turning up the heat (medium to low) and heating the milk until it boils -BUT IMMEDIATELY SHUTTING OFF THE HEAT WHEN YOU SEE THE VERY FIRST SIGN OF BOILING. In essence you boil it for a second or so. He says this is safer than completely raw milk and will cause very very little degradation.

Secondly, he suggested that guys who need to drive a long way to get their milk just buy a whole bunch and freeze it. He says "Trust me, you will be amazed how well it freezes and thaws. I bet almost nobody can tell the difference in taste between never-frozen and frozen-thawed milk". Has anyone tried this?

Finally, anybody use colostrum at all? Do the farms you get your milk from have access to and sell 2nd-day colostrum? How about powdered form? Anyone used it and has suppliers to recommend?

I get mine from a place called the Natural Living Center in Bangor, and they get it from a farm 20 minutes away.... non pastuerized and non homogenized, right from the cow to the cooler with the fat floating on top....yummz

I see no need to heat it and I work in Bangor so can't give any opinions on freezing and throwing it in the oven thoughts, but can't see any reason why you couldn't

freezing and throwing it in the oven thoughts, but can't see any reason why you couldn't

just to clarify; I wasn't talking about throwing it into the oven
the thawing would involve just leaving it out in room temperature for the frozen milk to thaw naturally

Your friend has no idea what he's talking about. What he suggested would be worse than pasteurization. Normal pasteurization is done by heating the milk to 161*f for 15 seconds. If you put it in the oven until it starts to boil and then turn it off it will have been over 161*f for much longer than that destroying so many good things in the milk. Also high heat causes casein micelles to curdle. Either buy it raw and drink it raw or don't waste your time.

Freezing raw milk is much different than freezing grocery store 'milk'. The texture is not the same when it thaws. Almost grainy. Not recommended. The coop I buy mine from keeps it very cold in coolers until delivery but not frozen.

Colostrum is excellent but good luck finding a local source. Farmers keep that for the calves that need it. As far as powder, I haven't tried any but if I were to it would be this kind.

http://www.surthrival.com/colostrum-powder-6-5oz.html

Your friend has no idea what he's talking about. What he suggested would be worse than pasteurization. Normal pasteurization is done by heating the milk to 161*f for 15 seconds. If you put it in the oven until it starts to boil and then turn it off it will have been over 161*f for much longer than that destroying so many good things in the milk. Also high heat causes casein micelles to curdle. Either buy it raw and drink it raw or don't waste your time.

Freezing raw milk is much different than freezing grocery store 'milk'. The texture is not the same when it thaws. Almost grainy. Not recommended. The coop I buy mine from keeps it very cold in coolers until delivery but not frozen.

Colostrum is excellent but good luck finding a local source. Farmers keep that for the calves that need it. As far as powder, I haven't tried any but if I were to it would be this kind.

SurThrival Colostrum 6.5 ounces | SURTHRIVAL

I have read your past posts on the topic and realize that you know this stuff pretty well. Chances are you have researched this all whole lot deeper than he did.

I realized that for some reason I wrote "oven" when I meant to write "stove. I was talking about just using the stove, with a flame heating the milk from beneath. So I don't think it'd be exposed to high temp for very long this way.
But if this isn't necessary, of course, I'd rather not expose the milk to any heat at all.
Man, I wish I could locate a farm where the milk goes from the cow directly into refrigeration.

Has anyone looked into this colostrum:
**broken link removed**

Heard good things about it from one friend who used to use it.

I have read your past posts on the topic and realize that you know this stuff pretty well. Chances are you have researched this all whole lot deeper than he did.

I realized that for some reason I wrote "oven" when I meant to write "stove. I was talking about just using the stove, with a flame heating the milk from beneath. So I don't think it'd be exposed to high temp for very long this way.
But if this isn't necessary, of course, I'd rather not expose the milk to any heat at all.
Man, I wish I could locate a farm where the milk goes from the cow directly into refrigeration.

Has anyone looked into this colostrum:
**broken link removed**

Heard good things about it from one friend who used to use it.
Pharm Fed is right.
And how hard can it be to locate a farm or farmer. Are you in the usa? Farmers markets work well...so does weston a price website as well as realmilk.com.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131