over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for Dante

my back is one of my most genetic bodyparts. Best way Ive learned is squeezing it at a hold on the pause, lowering it somewhat slowly, then returning on the positive. Im a tall guy at 6ft3 so while db, and barbell rows do work, and many say you cant build a great back without them, and I still do them, T bar rows seem to work great for my structure

heres a picture five years ago when I had about 20 lbs less muscle where I placed 2nd in heavyweights before I ever injected anything. This was on prohormones , which i averaged one cycle a year for eight weeks for ten years from 23-33 untill i started trt

btw im gonna make a thread one of these days asking everyone to post a picture of their biggest and/or best before they ever touched a hormone, even an over the counter hormone, anything hormonal, and I guarantee I was bigger than just about anyone made it naturally. I made it to 230 lbs not lean not fat without a hormone, 130 lb over head tricep extension press 4-6 x's, 405 lbs squats, because of meticulous nutrition habits and hard training. I didn't even know halfway what i was doing intensity wise and nutrition wise as well, and I got big because of not genetics because my genetics are good not great, bc of hard work.

Ive been training partners with quite a few black guys and some one training partner and I are still friends and he was eating 2-3 x's a day 100-150 grams protein, wouldnt take creatine or anything and we were close to equal when I was eating 5-6 x's a day 250 grams protein etc back then, taking creatine. Now a days I look much better, leaner, as Im on trt, than my friend partner, I keep in touch with, but I saw genetics back then fifteen years ago, that I had to work harder just to keep up, back then. If he did what i did I know hed be bigger because we talked nutrition, etc over and over. I train harder and smarter than him though as I learned over the years so I beat him. Hes still a freak at 6ft4 and 260 lbs right now, I just look better, lower body fat, etc and he still wont take creatine bc hes convinced its not natural

in fact my arms were close to as big then as they were now until i messed them up going way too heavy as I have smaller tendons and they cant take a lot of stress like bigger tendons and years of abuse caused me not to push them if I dont want to injure them. I've had major repetitive injuries in elbows and shoulder bc of being ignorant at a young age and training like someone has a gun to my head even if it hurt so bad

Attachments

• back lat 2012.jpg
    back lat 2012.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Front Lat.jpg
    Front Lat.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I found this in a really old thread you posted on intensemuscle. You were describing technique on lat width exercises.

lat width: If some of you guys really realized lat width is all about the stretch and only secondarily pulling that weight down so you can call it a rep, you would be such the better bodybuilder for it. I guess thats all im going to really say on that subject....you want to overthink lat width here ill give you something to think about.....you know that last 12 inches or so on the return (eccentric) of a various form of chin or pulldown? Overthink that on how to work that hard (flaring/leaning back against the return/resisting against it/stretching against the return) instead of just "getting to the top so you can start your pull again "and youll end up a very happy man. Take that to the bank.

So you're basically saying we don't need full reps here? Focus on using really heavy weight...explode the positive, maybe to the top of the head area....and really resist the negative and maybe hang out in the stretch position before starting the next rep? I believe John meadows kind of does pulldowns this way too.

i know this is an older thread, but bumping it because this approach has really improved my back width over the past 6 months. Have been utilizing really "pushing" into the bottom of the eccentric on various chins, pulldowns, rack chins, as well as those "lat pulley rows" that Justin Harris raves about. Another thing that I feel has really helped to "open" things up back there and add some width is hanging with a super wide grip strapped in with a heavy dumbbell, trying to get 2 minutes before going up in weight next time.

anyways, just bumping this thread in case it can help any guys out there wanting to improve their back width

i know this is an older thread, but bumping it because this approach has really improved my back width over the past 6 months. Have been utilizing really "pushing" into the bottom of the eccentric on various chins, pulldowns, rack chins, as well as those "lat pulley rows" that Justin Harris raves about. Another thing that I feel has really helped to "open" things up back there and add some width is hanging with a super wide grip strapped in with a heavy dumbbell, trying to get 2 minutes before going up in weight next time.

anyways, just bumping this thread in case it can help any guys out there wanting to improve their back width

I've become a fan of lat activation prior to actually warming up. Regarding the pushing, absolutely, I really started to feel my lats when taking Jordan Peters advice of thinking of it as bringing your elbow in. With pull downs, I also do them in a manner where I'm driving the plumb more or less straight down. You won't use as much weight but boy do they work.

Also am a fan of those lat pull in thingies that I too got from Justin Harris. I've seen other guys doing them now, too. Very effective, I like it at the end to stretch the lats.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131