over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question for DOGGCRAPP

Wolfsanglerune

Registered
i have noticed on other borards latley,a certain one in particular,a subject comes up that i feel you are the best person to ask.
Protein powders.ive used them alot over the years.some people say there useful and others pros and serious people never use them.
really my main point is that its been suggested that nearly all are filled with estrogenic items and undesirable chemicals in general.
some say food only no shakes.maybe this a beat to death subject but i think it may be good to discuss from time to time.
thanks.

how about a whole food shake?

2 cups eqq whites, 11oz baked potato, 1tblspoon cinnamon, 1 tlbspoon cocoa, 2 stevia or splenda packs, blend it up

Meal in a cup and it tastes wicked ...protein powder is for emergency only or if you are extremely ectomorphic and need to consume 1000+ cals to gain any mass IMO

i have noticed on other borards latley,a certain one in particular,a subject comes up that i feel you are the best person to ask.
Protein powders.ive used them alot over the years.some people say there useful and others pros and serious people never use them.
really my main point is that its been suggested that nearly all are filled with estrogenic items and undesirable chemicals in general.
some say food only no shakes.maybe this a beat to death subject but i think it may be good to discuss from time to time.
thanks.

Personally i believe shakes are always a good tool to have. Some people will do shakes meal shakes meal balance or just fit it into there diet when comfortable

Preferbely i like to have solid meals as nothing fills ya up like a proper meal but definetely a good tool to have at your disposal

Morning shake and pre-workout an hour before 1100 cals. ISO 100

ISO 100 2 scoops
200 cals. 48g protein 1.5g carbs.
Quick oats 4 cups
600 cals. 12g fat 108 carbs. 20g protein
milk 16oz
150 cals. 8g fat 8g protein

Taste amazing with the oats!!!

thanks.

Ive typed and deleted and typed and deleted and typed and deleted....

i typed up a long post about shysters in the industry and my anger got to me and i got a little too detailed. IM going to state a couple quick vague statements before i get myself into lawsuits.

1) I have had to bite my tongue on this board alot in the last 2 years especially some long threads about certain supplements that certain people are stating their opinions as facts about the overthetop made up science of it. If i said what i could say.....those posters would be embarrased into oblivion......and the CROOKED backstory to said supplements....and how would I know? Who do you think made it for them and fought with them, balked at what they wanted done and got so utterly disgusted with certain companies that I am now owed large sums of money but our business together is now defunct? ME

2) a cheapo guy who buys a 1985 YUGO should not be able to tell all car owners "ALL CARS SUCK AND WILL BREAK DOWN, AND YOU WILL BREAK YOUR LEG WHEN YOU LOSE CONTROL ON A TURN, AND YOU WILL BLOW YOUR ENGINE WHEN YOU GO OVER 64 MPH LIKE I DID"......just like any jackass who decides to save himself 8 dollars by buying "100% WHEY PROTEIN" from the likes of those guys over on the east coast that get shut down and open back up repeatedly who make protein powders for boatloads of companies out there......shouldnt be able to tell everyone that "Whey protein is this and this and this".
Every month i get brokers of offspec protein (protein that after testing doesnt meet standards and is put off to the side for animal feed etc) try to get me to buy their 22 thousand pounds of OFFSPEC stuff. I say no thanks. Do you know what those shysters from New york, jersey and north carolina (cough Senegal) do? They buy that 3.27 a pound off spec stuff and make all these companies proteins with it and.....(allright im starting to ramble on again and getting too detailed)

3) I need to make this short because i could write a novel here.
My business partner and i opened this up in 2003 with the concept of "as close as you can get from the teet of the cow to the jug" as you can get. Unllike 98% of the retail companies out there that have custom manufacturers making their product and all they care about is "if it tastes good they will buy it" so who cares whats in it truly...."just make it taste good" (with that comes the "ok how can we get the price lower equation and is where you the consumer gets scammed").......what i do is buy massive amounts of the raw ingredients from the actual dairies, their packaging company or direct manufacturers of certain supplements like Ajinomoto aminos....there is no middle men....its just from them to me....we then package it and send it to you. There is no cutting, adding, or scamming to lower the cost. I get the lower cost by buying massive amounts which is why you dont see many people getting into the supplement industry currently. Its just way way too expensive to buy the massive amounts you need to get the price you need to be at.

So if your question is "are there flat out shysters in the supplement industry?" Yes its freaking sickening....
Are all retail companies shysters? Heck no.... It is a very basic principle...if it sounds too good to be true it is. If something is being touted to have drug like effects...IT WOULD BE A DRUG! Is it easier to drink down something than it is to eat something? Yes. With that said should someone take supplements all day long instead of whole food meals? Hell no. The reason they are called supplements is because they can be used to supplement a healthy diet to achieve goals.

Im sorry i just kept going back and forth with deleting but sometimes my anger overrules my thought process...so i stop reaccess and decide to do it in a less detailed vague way.......(as much as some of these guys are shysters when you screw with their livelihood they will come after you with 35 lawyers....I am hoping that people educate themselves and walk right thru hype and use deductive reasoning on the actual ingredients without me having to get into a court case............... to explain that to them)

(deleted this paragraph again after thinking about it sorry)....

Last edited:
Ive typed and deleted and typed and deleted and typed and deleted....

i typed up a long post about shysters in the industry and my anger got to me and i got a little too detailed. IM going to state a couple quick vague statements before i get myself into lawsuits.

1) I have had to bite my tongue on this board alot in the last 2 years especially some long threads about certain supplements that certain people are stating their opinions as facts about the overthetop made up science of it. If i said what i could say.....those posters would be embarrased into oblivion......and the CROOKED backstory to said supplements....and how would I know? Who do you think made it for them and fought with them, balked at what they wanted done and got so utterly disgusted with certain companies that I am now owed large sums of money but our business together is now defunct? ME

2) a cheapo guy who buys a 1985 YUGO should not be able to tell all car owners "ALL CARS SUCK AND WILL BREAK DOWN, AND YOU WILL BREAK YOUR LEG WHEN YOU LOSE CONTROL ON A TURN, AND YOU WILL BLOW YOUR ENGINE WHEN YOU GO OVER 64 MPH LIKE I DID"......just like any jackass who decides to save himself 8 dollars by buying "100% WHEY PROTEIN" from the likes of those guys over on the east coast that get shut down and open back up repeatedly who make protein powders for boatloads of companies out there......shouldnt be able to tell everyone that "Whey protein is this and this and this".
Every month i get brokers of offspec protein (protein that after testing doesnt meet standards and is put off to the side for animal feed etc) try to get me to buy their 22 thousand pounds of OFFSPEC stuff. I say no thanks. Do you know what those shysters from New york, jersey and north carolina (cough Senegal) do? They buy that 3.27 a pound off spec stuff and make all these companies proteins with it and.....(allright im starting to ramble on again and getting too detailed)

3) I need to make this short because i could write a novel here.
My business partner and i opened this up in 2003 with the concept of "as close as you can get from the teet of the cow to the jug" as you can get. Unllike 98% of the retail companies out there that have custom manufacturers making their product and all they care about is "if it tastes good they will buy it" so who cares whats in it truly...."just make it taste good" (with that comes the "ok how can we get the price lower equation and is where you the consumer gets scammed").......what i do is buy massive amounts of the raw ingredients from the actual dairies, their packaging company or direct manufacturers of certain supplements like Ajinomoto aminos....there is no middle men....its just from them to me....we then package it and send it to you. There is no cutting, adding, or scamming to lower the cost. I get the lower cost by buying massive amounts which is why you dont see many people getting into the supplement industry currently. Its just way way too expensive to buy the massive amounts you need to get the price you need to be at.

So if your question is "are there flat out shysters in the supplement industry?" Yes its freaking sickening....
Are all retail companies shysters? Heck no.... It is a very basic principle...if it sounds too good to be true it is. If something is being touted to have drug like effects...IT WOULD BE A DRUG! Is it easier to drink down something than it is to eat something? Yes. With that said should someone take supplements all day long instead of whole food meals? Hell no. The reason they are called supplements is because they can be used to supplement a healthy diet to achieve goals.

Im sorry i just kept going back and forth with deleting but sometimes my anger overrules my thought process...so i stop reaccess and decide to do it in a less detailed vague way.......(as much as some of these guys are shysters when you screw with their livelihood they will come after you with 35 lawyers....I am hoping that people educate themselves and walk right thru hype and use deductive reasoning on the actual ingredients without me having to get into a court case............... to explain that to them)

(deleted this paragraph again after thinking about it sorry)....

epic post. Probably the most informative one on the supplement industry I've seen. I wish you could give us names and put all the scam companies on blast. Just tell me whether Optimum Nutrition is honest or not because I've used their protein for almost 8 years

I've used nearly every big brand of whey , Egg , Beef and casine out their and TP's always seems to give me less stomach issues .

some 100% whey isolate I've used has cramped my stomach and given me the shits so bad I thought I'd been poisoned!! while TP's will give a bit of rancid gas it my intolerance for whey that does it.
I've had the same issues with eggwhite protein as well but have zero issues with TP's , an aside from making me feel better after drinking it it's the best tasting stuff I've ever used !!
not even gonna get onthe LBA's cause nobody makes Nything nearly compairable.

TP has a customer for life here! top quality products at reasonable coat with amazing customer service

thanks dante.
i will say ive used your line in the past and liked it.after all the mess things are now i will probably go that route again soon.when i did it seemed i could have exactly what i wanted.
this is an important subject.theres enough problems with companies on chemicals.this is just as important.

Last edited:
definitely a luxury to have a true pro like DC to give us inside knowledge like this. Thanks bro.

definitely a luxury to have a true pro like DC to give us inside knowledge like this. Thanks bro.

yes.i fall off the wagon and get stuff from stores.
when i know i should be knowing its legit.its a shame the way this industry works its entwined with magazines,supplement companies etc.i get the the feeling staus quo is so dependent on that model to stay afloat its always going to be this way.

epic post. Probably the most informative one on the supplement industry I've seen. I wish you could give us names and put all the scam companies on blast. Just tell me whether Optimum Nutrition is honest or not because I've used their protein for almost 8 years

x2. whenever i'm out of my TP whey, i get a jug of ON gold standard.... i hope its one of the good ones!! this reminds me i need to order some whey and try this new pea protein everyone's talking about.

TrueNutrition Team Skip is the only protein powder that I will use... And I also use LBAs... Until I need to cut out the sugar alcohols while dieting... Will not use any other protein supp... At all

TrueNutrition and Synthetek are great companies......i'd not use anybody else, personally.

I live in Cali, so I obviously use TrueNutrition.....they may be the best company i've ever dealt with on quality and customer service.

I wish somebody would bring down all these fraudulant supplement businesses.

Dante, i always buy all my supplements from TrueNutrition. For my whey protein lately i have been choosing stevia as my sweetener instead of aspartame. What do you recommend? I really havent noticed much of a difference in taste between the two.

Glanbia owns both optimum nutrition and BSN and other subsidiaries. This is a monster mega million dollar dairy+ingredients company that is global. I would be shocked to the core if they were scamming in any known way. I think you are beyond safe with that company.

I am a fan of TP now. I am on my second container of Ionized whey now. I buy 5 lbs at a time and the price is very comparable to what I was paying at Costco and the quality is much better. This protein mixes easily and gives me no indigestion at all. The flavoring I have them add in tastes good too and is very light. I love the stuff.

What about the protien at walmart? Six star and body fortress? I heard those were actually from muscle-tech so they should be gtg right? The price on those two is almost too good to be true.

What about the protien at walmart? Six star and body fortress? I heard those were actually from muscle-tech so they should be gtg right? The price on those two is almost too good to be true.

Muscletech/Iovate spend millions on advertising and contracts with all the pros and have insanely overpriced products. Personally i wouldnt use anything with the Muscletech logo on it unless i get it for free. Its almost sad how their advertising is targeted towards the 16 yr old who doesnt know any better. I like it how they say our protein has 2600 milligrams of protein per serving instead of just saying its 26 GRAMS lol.

Strong logic. You just answered your own question.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner